Charity shops have changed a bit recently!!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
hector

Charity shops have changed a bit recently!!

Post by hector »

oxfam.jpg
oxfam.jpg (36.34 KiB) Viewed 2223 times
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Charity shops have changed a bit recently!!

Post by beer belly bert »

:o
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

That’s where my dolls went when the wife was having a clear out :shock:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
gessa

Post by gessa »

hector wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:25 pmoxfam.jpg

:) :)

Tbf though, they've always had a few old bags in the window.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Better than the cd's they sell :lol:
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

hector wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:25 pmoxfam.jpg
ROFL
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Are you now a shareholder Hector?
hector

Post by hector »

Always was Norm :shock: ;-)

:)
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Isn't it funny how, only a fortnight after Oxfam published a report arguing for a fairer economy that benefited the 99% rather than the 1%, the Times (owned by establishment ghoul Rupert Murdoch) drags up a 7 yr old story to discredit Oxfam? Not suggesting for one minute that what Oxfam employees were reported to have done is right, far from it, but you cannot tell me the timing of that article was a coincidence. Protect the 1% at all costs, even if the knock-on effect is less charitable giving for those who have literally nothing.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

lufc1304 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:10 pm Isn't it funny how, only a fortnight after Oxfam published a report arguing for a fairer economy that benefited the 99% rather than the 1%, the Times (owned by establishment ghoul Rupert Murdoch) drags up a 7 yr old story to discredit Oxfam? Not suggesting for one minute that what Oxfam employees were reported to have done is right, far from it, but you cannot tell me the timing of that article was a coincidence. Protect the 1% at all costs, even if the knock-on effect is less charitable giving for those who have literally nothing.
Oxfam don't have a leg to stand on at the moment tbh
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

lufc1304 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:10 pm Isn't it funny how, only a fortnight after Oxfam published a report arguing for a fairer economy that benefited the 99% rather than the 1%, the Times (owned by establishment ghoul Rupert Murdoch) drags up a 7 yr old story to discredit Oxfam? Not suggesting for one minute that what Oxfam employees were reported to have done is right, far from it, but you cannot tell me the timing of that article was a coincidence. Protect the 1% at all costs, even if the knock-on effect is less charitable giving for those who have literally nothing.
Nick,had never heard this but i have to admit nowadays you have to wonder what goes on in the background that we don't know about.
I have become very cynical in my old age....and I find it a bit sad that I have become like this.
Last edited by Ronan on Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

danhirons wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:36 pm Oxfam don't have a leg to stand on at the moment tbh
It's a bad business, Dan, and the actions of individuals has tainted Oxfam, but you can't tell me this sort of thing is institutional. A few rotten apples have spoiled the barrel. My point, though, was more to do with the fact that the charity published a report that condemned the fact that the wealth of this world is in the hands of the few, and suddenly one of the few's papers publishes old news pertaining to said charity. I say the two are related, choose to agree or disagree as is your right, mate
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

Ronan wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:50 pm Nick,had never heard this but i have to admit nowadays you have to wonder what goes on in the background that we don't know about.
I have become very cynical in my old age....and I find it a bit sad that I have become like this.
Neither had I until last week when someone alluded to it on social media. Wheels within wheels, Ronan, we get spoon fed what those who seek to control us want us to see, hear, read etc. Being a cynic is healthy, mate :tup: