Going to the toilet during lessons?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Misskel
Ballboy
Ballboy

Going to the toilet during lessons?

Post by Misskel »

I am a primary school teacher year 3. I don't let children go to the loo during lessons. Would you have a problem with this rule for your child?
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Re: Going to the toilet during lessons?

Post by becchio bear »

I gather we are talking about children aged 7 years? No I wouldn't have a problem with that ruling. Children quite frankly take the piss (no pun intended) they need guidelines, they know they can't go in lessons then they go at breaktime and lunch. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

All about discipline & kids organising themselves as BB has implied

Give some children an inch they'll take a yard
gessa

Post by gessa »

Yes i would have a problem witb it, I wouldn't expect an adult to be able control their toilet time let alone a child. So you're telling me that an adult that works 8.00- 5.00 say, will only be able to go to the toilet in alloted break time and no other time. Quite frankly I find a lot of teachers utterly ridiculous people who have little or no empathy with children and this just backs that feeling. I suppose the government would agree, after all they want us all to toe the line and be their robots. If a child of that age is taking the mickey and I'd doubt there's many, then that child can be dealt with accordingly .
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:59 pm All about discipline & kids organising themselves as BB has implied

Give some children an inch they'll take a yard
Mate, how can you expect a 7 year old to be able to control their toilet habits.
gessa

Post by gessa »

becchio bear wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:54 pm I gather we are talking about children aged 7 years? No I wouldn't have a problem with that ruling. Children quite frankly take the piss (no pun intended) they need guidelines, they know they can't go in lessons then they go at breaktime and lunch. :bear:

You surprise me BB
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I've always had control over my bodily functions and so have 99.9% of kids I've ever known. We weren't allowed to go unless it was an emergency. If a kid is acting strange and can't keep still, getting a red face and obviously being in discomfort, etc., you can either make an exception and let them go, ONCE, or clean up the mess. If it became a regular thing, the school nurse became involved.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Um...when did we become mumsnet ?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:13 pm Mate, how can you expect a 7 year old to be able to control their toilet habits.
Have to say I wouldn't want to see kids wetting themselves during lessons as that would be embarrassing for any child Ges, although when I was at school children didn't go to the toilets during lessons.
I never had a problem as a kid.....now being a old sod I'd have a problem :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:42 pm Um...when did we become mumsnet ?
or even Facebook :x :chair:
Misskel
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Misskel »

I have never had a child have an accident. They are 7 and 8 they should be able to remember to have a wee at break and if they don't tough, sitting crossed legged will make them remember next time.
Misskel
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Misskel »

gessa wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:11 pm Yes i would have a problem witb it, I wouldn't expect an adult to be able control their toilet time let alone a child. So you're telling me that an adult that works 8.00- 5.00 say, will only be able to go to the toilet in alloted break time and no other time. Quite frankly I find a lot of teachers utterly ridiculous people who have little or no empathy with children and this just backs that feeling. I suppose the government would agree, after all they want us all to toe the line and be their robots. If a child of that age is taking the mickey and I'd doubt there's many, then that child can be dealt with accordingly .
Teachers cannot just pop to the loo when they want. If a child has a medical problem they bring a note.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

This thread really is taking the piss....where's that report button gone ?
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ronan wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:02 pm This thread really is taking the piss....where's that report button gone ?
:rol: :rol: :rol:
gessa

Post by gessa »

Misskel wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:02 pm Teachers cannot just pop to the loo when they want. If a child has a medical problem they bring a note.

Just the kind of reply I'd expect.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Misskel wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:02 pm Teachers cannot just pop to the loo when they want. If a child has a medical problem they bring a note.

The ironic thing about that is, I work from time to time in schools , last Wednesday I went into a class that was in turmoil, only the classroom assistant was in attendance , the teacher had nipped to the loo.
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:44 pm Have to say I wouldn't want to see kids wetting themselves during lessons as that would be embarrassing for any child Ges, although when I was at school children didn't go to the toilets during lessons.
I never had a problem as a kid.....now being a old sod I'd have a problem :lol:

Are you sure mate, sometimes our memory gets clouded, we were allowed to go to the toilet as the teachers those days got to know their pupils.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:31 pm Are you sure mate, sometimes our memory gets clouded, we were allowed to go to the toilet as the teachers those days got to know their pupils.
Sounds like you are describing my habits now mate........bladder & memory problems :lol:
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

gessa wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:14 pm You surprise me BB
I've got 3 kids Ges. Children do not need to go to the toilet during lessons. Do yours still wet the bed at night?? See how many hours are there and no problems!! Sorry but unless there are medical problems, children should go to the toilet before school, at break and at lunch NOT during lessons. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
gessa

Post by gessa »

becchio bear wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:16 pm I've got 3 kids Ges. Children do not need to go to the toilet during lessons. Do yours still wet the bed at night?? See how many hours are there and no problems!! Sorry but unless there are medical problems, children should go to the toilet before school, at break and at lunch NOT during lessons. :bear:
I'm not talking about kids going every 5 minutes or even every day but if one of mine needed to go and wasn't allowed and something happened to cause them embarrassment then I wouldnt be best pleased.