Elland Road

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @Simonlev99

Elland Road

Post by LevLeeds »

Unfortunately as I live aboard I cant attend as many games as I'd like too, so I don't get to experience that famous atmosphere inside the ground,,,, that being said the atmosphere in recent weeks cant have been that great,,,, but last night on TV the crowd sounded absolutely unbelievable, proper electric,,,, and we were two nil down at the time,,,, I have believe that the noise the fans created during the second half some what inspired the come back,,, it must have done. As a player that must give you a lift and drive you on.

These players are just lacking in confidence big time, they simply must get back to enjoying their football again. When things aren't going your way, heads drop and confidences dips,,,, Hopefully PH can install confidence, self belief and we can start playing so good football again. This squad isnt as bad as people are making us out to be.

Anyway I wanted to know whats the best game atmosphere wise you've attended?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Elland Road

Post by 1964white »

It very good, but it doesnt beat

4-3 against Derby,
Bristol Rovers promotion
Millwall in the play offs
Strachan goal against Leicester
European nights
All the Revie-era which was very special as a kid/youth

Moments like yesterday you cannot beat that feeling of adrenaline actually being at a game :scar1 :scarfe2:
LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @Simonlev99

Post by LevLeeds »

Brilliant mate,,,,, remember the games well.

Last night was just bizarre,, from such a frustrating and hostile atmosphere in the first half, jeering and booing, to everyone thinking f**k it, lets just have some craic, and from that moment the players felt it, they grew in confidence and up'd there game a deservedly got a point. I just hope we can build on this. I just can’t see when or where our next result or 3 points are coming from,, genuinely don’t think we are gonna get anything until end of March looking at the next set of games,

5 Wins 4 Draws and 5 losses in the next 14 games.

1. Derby (A) L
2. Brentford (H) D
3. Boro (A) L
4. Wolves (H) L
5. Reading (A) W
6. Sheff Wed (H) D
7. Bolton (H) W
8. Fulham (A) L
9. Sunderland (H) W
10. Preston (A) D
11. Villa (A) L
12. Barnsley (H) W
13. Norwich (A) D
14. QPR (H) W
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Best atmosphere for me was the Stuttgart game in the European Cup. We dragged the players up by the bootlaces and almost carried them over the line (we did in the end, as they were penalised for playing an ineligible player, and we won the playoff at a neutral venue). The atmosphere that night was 100% behind the team, whereas yesterday it seemed that the crowd just got pissed off with the way that we were playing and got going more out of scorn than anything else. Still wouldn't have happened at any other football ground, though, and fair play to them.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
gessa

Post by gessa »

Derby 4-3
Liverpool 4-3
Deportivo Champions League.
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

There's been so many great atmospheres at ER. But i agree with Gandalf, that night against Stuttgart was right up there.
Yesterday's was weird.... started with "we're going to win the league" then waccoe, i don't mind admitting i had a lump in my throat..
That inspired the come back in my opinion.
And imagine what the Bristol players must have thought ??
Truly awesome, and so nearly a stunning victory.
More please !!