I'd be tempted to go 3 at the back against Derby....Derby v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

I'd be tempted to go 3 at the back against Derby....Derby v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Clive »

Cooper is back and we haven't been defending well, plus it sets us up well in attack, too. We looked very good with 3 at the back against Millwall.

I'd play 3-4-2-1 with Wiedwald, Pennington, Jansson, Cooper, Dallas, Vieira, Forshaw, De Bock, Alioski, Saiz, Hernandez, Lasogga.

I think it was right to take Alioski out, but he's had a rest now and he links up well with Saiz and having Dallas at wing back would cut his work load.

I think we need to shock Derby by doing something totally different, but still playing to our strengths.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: I'd be tempted to go 3 at the back against Derby

Post by Cjay »

Clive wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:28 am Cooper is back and we haven't been defending well, plus it sets us up well in attack, too. We looked very good with 3 at the back against Millwall.

I'd play 3-4-2-1 with Wiedwald, Pennington, Jansson, Cooper, Dallas, Vieira, Forshaw, De Bock, Alioski, Saiz, Hernandez, Lasogga.

I think it was right to take Alioski out, but he's had a rest now and he links up well with Saiz and having Dallas at wing back would cut his work load.

I think we need to shock Derby by doing something totally different, but still playing to our strengths.
Playing 12 players would certainly shock and be different :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 8ballali »

I agree with you regarding three at the back, but I think I'd go 3-5-2 like this:
Attachments
LINEUP111519092042555.png
Winners never quit! Quitters never win!
(url=http://www.twitter.com/8ballali][/url)
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

Cjay wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:41 am Playing 12 players would certainly shock and be different :)
It's late.

I was trying to keep the 3 in behind plus 3 at the back but that won't really work.

If I'm not careful I could end up suggesting wing backs and wingers in the same team like Brian against Sheff Wed.

Alioski can come out then.

You know what?

The more I think about it, the more 4-3-2-1 is the way to go, so he can come back in with one of the centre halves dropping out.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

8ballali wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:01 am I agree with you regarding three at the back, but I think I'd go 3-5-2 like this:
Ekuban is s**t, Hernandez can't play wing back and you don't want a full back as one of the three.

Now I think about it, 3 at the back will only work with either Saiz or Hernandez and we need them both in the team, so 4-2-3-1 is best.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

And where's Roofe in that squad?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Clive wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:06 am It's late.

I was trying to keep the 3 in behind plus 3 at the back but that won't really work.

If I'm not careful I could end up suggesting wing backs and wingers in the same team like Brian against Sheff Wed.

Alioski can come out then.

You know what?

The more I think about it, the more 4-3-2-1 is the way to go, so he can come back in with one of the centre halves dropping out.
Lets not be hasty :(

I think if Ayling was available he'd be perfect for a back 3 tbf. . Jansson in the middle with Ayling and Cooper on the sides.

Ali and De Bock as wingbacks.

Vieira as holding mid with Forshaw bit more box to box. . Hernandez just in front with Saiz partnering Lassie.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

Cjay wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:21 am Lets not be hasty :(

I think if Ayling was available he'd be perfect for a back 3 tbf. . Jansson in the middle with Ayling and Cooper on the sides.

Ali and De Bock as wingbacks.

Vieira as holding mid with Forshaw bit more box to box. . Hernandez just in front with Saiz partnering Lassie.
Alioski has apparently played full back before so he could be a good wing back, but Dallas is well suited to that role, too.

We need Saiz to drop off and pick the ball up and if you have both him and Hernandez doing that it could end up as a confusing formation that doesn't really work, like the one McDermott played against Sheff Wed.

You could risk Forshaw as the only holding player with 3 in front, but that would get too confusing with the wing backs.

I think the only way to play 3 at the back would be with 2 up front and either Saiz or Hernandez in behind, I don't think it could work with them both.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

Maybe I'm getting too hung up on McDermott's team against Sheff Wed, though. We have better players than we had then.

3-4-3 works for Chelsea so maybe Saiz and Hernandez could play either side of Lasogga.
LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @Simonlev99

Post by LevLeeds »

I dont think I would change to much tbh, we've already had to many changes recently and its had a negative impact... Suspensions, injuries, manager etc,,,, we need to get back to a settled, suitable formation which includes a proven starting eleven, that plays to our strengths. We need to start the game much more positively like the final 20 mins of the Bristol game. Just a pain we are at Derby with our record there.

I'd wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make that many changes,, I think Saiz will be a used Substitute. Anita to keep his place as that was his best performance in a Leeds shirt, I hope Veira will start in place of O'Kane, Roofe did well when he came on and got a goal. Im still very confused as to why Sacko is getting even a place on the bench. Ekuban I believe will be a good player with a run in the side, young, raw and pacey, something we lack up top.

---------------Flappy--------------

-Anita--Jannson-Pennington-De Bok-

-----------Vieria---Forshaw--------------

-Dallas------Hernadez-------Roofe

--------------Lassoga-------------

Saiz
Alioski
Berardi
Cooper
Phillips
Ekuban
O'Kane
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

LevLeeds wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:19 am I dont think I would change to much tbh, we've already had to many changes recently and its had a negative impact... Suspensions, injuries, manager etc,,,, we need to get back to a settled, suitable formation which includes a proven starting eleven, that plays to our strengths. We need to start the game much more positively like the final 20 mins of the Bristol game. Just a pain we are at Derby with our record there.

I'd wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make that many changes,, I think Saiz will be a used Substitute. Anita to keep his place as that was his best performance in a Leeds shirt, I hope Veira will start in place of O'Kane, Roofe did well when he came on and got a goal. Im still very confused as to why Sacko is getting even a place on the bench. Ekuban I believe will be a good player with a run in the side, young, raw and pacey, something we lack up top.

---------------Flappy--------------

-Anita--Jannson-Pennington-De Bok-

-----------Vieria---Forshaw--------------

-Dallas------Hernadez-------Roofe

--------------Lassoga-------------

Saiz
Alioski
Berardi
Cooper
Phillips
Ekuban
O'Kane
Much better bench than we've had for a while :-D
LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @Simonlev99

Post by LevLeeds »

1964white wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:59 am Much better bench than we've had for a while :-D
Shame about the starting eleven tho hey. :roflmao:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

LevLeeds wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:03 am Shame about the starting eleven tho hey. :roflmao:
:lol:
Looking better than it was :)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: I'd be tempted to go 3 at the back against Derby....Derby v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by The Subhuman »

Good time to start working a new formation but not sure Heck has much history with a 3 man defensive unit, don't think we have 3 players that could do that off the bat either. Alioski played left wing back previously so he'd replace De Bock who isn't a wing back and Anita/Ayling on the right

Lonnergan
Pennington
Jansson
Pennington
Anita
Alioski
Forshaw
Hernandez
Saiz
Roofe
Lassoga

maybe
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
hector

Re: I'd be tempted to go 3 at the back against Derby....Derby v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by hector »

faaip wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:36 am Good time to start working a new formation but not sure Heck has much history with a 3 man defensive unit, don't think we have 3 players that could do that off the bat either. Alioski played left wing back previously so he'd replace De Bock who isn't a wing back and Anita/Ayling on the right

Lonnergan
Pennington
Jansson
Pennington
Anita
Alioski
Forshaw
Hernandez
Saiz
Roofe
Lassoga

maybe
Pennington good enough to play 2 positions??
:) :)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

If you want to play 3 at the back then it really has to be 3 players that can play centreback as what will often happen is that either the left or right centreback has to go wide to try to tackle the opposition winger meaning the 2 remaining centrebacks both need to be able to head the ball away,mark as centrebacks etc. Ayling at a push, when he is back from injury, could play centreback in a 3 but for me he would be much better as a wingback if we were playing 3 at the back.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Yeah Coop is what I meant to say. Pennington atm is barely good enough to play one position
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

I couldn't agree more and my three at the back for this week are
1964white

Post by 1964white »

........................................Felix.............................................

Anita...........Jansson.........Captain Chaos...........De Bock

..................Phillips..........Forshaw...........Dallas................

........................Hernandez...............Saiz.............................

......................................... Lasogga......................................
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Wot no Les Dawson or Stanley Baxter Rab ....two of the best cross dressers of all time. No one is getting past Delores Delargo or Ada Shufflebotham