Derby v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Derby v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:32 am I'd said a few times on here about my reservations with De Bock & no one made a comment, not even weasel who is generally quick off the mark with regard to my thoughts about LUFC. Last night De Bock lived up to my criticism in fine style making so many errors you have to ask the question is he really a footballer ? he certainly can't defend or cross a ball, has to be one of the worst LB's I've witnessed in my 55 years watching Leeds United
Either your memory is going, or your bowls team is being sponsored by Ronnie Robinson, David Robertson, Federico Bessone and Tony Capaldi. Give him a chance ffs, he has only been in the country for seven games, including a change of manager and various defensive suspensions / injuries.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I am guessing the defence, possible Cooper as captain, told him to stay on the line and that they would deal with everything. I feel the criticism for the corner concession is overly harsh - how many other times do players make far worse mistakes and whilst we conceded from the corner there were others who should have dealt with the corner better.

I think with Vieira he is still learning the game and after getting the early yellow card he didn't want to run the risk of getting sent off like he did against Wolves. Especially given the amount of sendings off we have recently had I feel he made the decision not to risk a red card but in doing so lost a huge part of his natural game.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:16 pm Either your memory is going, or your bowls team is being sponsored by Ronnie Robinson, David Robertson, Federico Bessone and Tony Capaldi. Give him a chance ffs, he has only been in the country for seven games, including a change of manager and various defensive suspensions / injuries.
On his last three performances he is on a par with those three :shock: I'd expect more from a player who has played over 200 games in the Belgian & the Europa Leagues. No excuses for countless poor control of a football, misplaced passes assisting the rams forwards & getting caught out of position often losing his man.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Positives

Heck has made us more competitive.
Heck's substitutions
We are scoring goals again
Three goals in consecutive games for Lassoga, he's even got a song
Saiz is back
In Forshaw we have a proper central midfielder
In the carnage of our defence we have the best championship CB in Pontus
The work rate & commitment of Dallas
Our fans - one of the best away atmospheres this season

Negatives

Still conceding goals due to calamity jane defending
Struggle to retain possession of the ball especially in the dying minutes of a game
No wins in 2018
Pablo injury
Goalie is a clown
De Bock's woeful performance
Captain Chaos is back
Vieira's poor form
Roofe the invisible man
Alioski song an insult to Bowie

2 - Weidwald
6 - Berardi
5 - Cooper
9 - Jansson
1 - De Bock
7 - Forshaw
3 - Vieira
7 - Dallas
6 - Hernandez
3 - Roofe
7 - Lassoga
Subs
8 - Saiz
6 - Alioski
5 - Phillips
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:07 pm Alioski song an insult to Bowie
I'm intrigued. :?: Starman © cjay
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:51 pm I'm intrigued. :?: Starman © cjay
"There's a star man playing on the right
his name is Alioski, he's f****n Dynamite!
there's a star man playing on the right
his name is Alioski, he's f****n Dynamite!
dynamite Alioski! Ali Alioski!
he's like f****n Dynamite"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Great song :love: :love: :love: :love:

We lose that game without Ali.

Saiz did brilliantly, but 2 seconds passed from the ball going in the net to another Leeds player apart from Saiz and Ali appearing on the screen :lol:

They need eachother. :love:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:22 pm Great song :love: :love: :love: :love:

We lose that game without Ali.

Saiz did brilliantly, but 2 seconds passed from the ball going in the net to another Leeds player apart from Saiz and Ali appearing on the screen :lol:

They need eachother. :love:
You can sing that song all night now Cjay :lol:
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

1964white wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:07 pm Positives

Heck has made us more competitive.
Heck's substitutions
We are scoring goals again
Three goals in consecutive games for Lassoga, he's even got a song
Saiz is back
In Forshaw we have a proper central midfielder
In the carnage of our defence we have the best championship CB in Pontus
The work rate & commitment of Dallas
Our fans - one of the best away atmospheres this season

Negatives

Still conceding goals due to calamity jane defending
Struggle to retain possession of the ball especially in the dying minutes of a game
No wins in 2018
Pablo injury
Goalie is a clown
De Bock's woeful performance
Captain Chaos is back
Vieira's poor form
Roofe the invisible man
Alioski song an insult to Bowie

2 - Weidwald
6 - Berardi
5 - Cooper
9 - Jansson
1 - De Bock
7 - Forshaw
3 - Vieira
7 - Dallas
6 - Hernandez
3 - Roofe
7 - Lassoga
Subs
8 - Saiz
6 - Alioski
5 - Phillips
How on earth has he made us more competitive? We haven't won a game! The closest we came to winning a game was last night when he reverted to Christiansen's formation! His substitutions have involved bringing on our best players! Hernandez! Roofe! Saiz! Alioski!
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Newport white wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:25 pm Was it just me that saw Cooper miss yet again with a free header in front of goal?
Wrote at the time that it was a 100% goal chance. About the fourth he`s missed.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Clacton White wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:28 am Don't be silly .......he's quite possibly the worst keeper in the division , and probably three quarters of the league 1 keepers too are better . Add to that Leeds have got one of the worst midfielders in the division too ( OFK) - doesn't make good reading . At least OFK didn't figure last night . Hopefully dropped from this side forever .
Who are you refering to? If Lonergan then I agree. O`Kane isn`t that bad, if not good enough.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Clive wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:39 pm How on earth has he made us more competitive? We haven't won a game! The closest we came to winning a game was last night when he reverted to Christiansen's formation! His substitutions have involved bringing on our best players! Hernandez! Roofe! Saiz! Alioski!
Heck did say in his initial interview he would play a formation that is suitable to a particular game

We never looked likely winning a game under TC since Boxing Day & that was a struggle against Burton
We created nothing at Birmingham & Hull, not a shot on target. Ipswich & Forest weren't much better although our full-back Berardi managed to fluked one in at Newport. Millwall & Cardiff absolutely battered us reminiscent of Grayson's days when conceding four at ER was a regular occurance

Heck arrived at Leeds with the knowledge that he'd be facing three teams vying for play-off spots & we have managed to draw with Bristol City (almost won the game if Lassoga buries his golden opportunity at the death) & earn a credible draw at Derby (another game we should have won with three minutes left to play). So two points we could only dream of if TC had remained at Leeds

I wouldn't say Roofe & Alioski are our best players. Roofe is a headless chicken as was proven yet again v Derby & Alioski hadn't put in a decent performance since the 25th November 2017.
He used Hernandez & Saiz sparingly due to injury/long suspension
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

1964white wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:04 pm Heck did say in his initial interview he would play a formation that is suitable to a particular game

We never looked likely winning a game under TC since Boxing Day & that was a struggle against Burton
We created nothing at Birmingham & Hull, not a shot on target. Ipswich & Forest weren't much better although our full-back Berardi managed to fluked one in at Newport. Millwall & Cardiff absolutely battered us reminiscent of Grayson's days when conceding four at ER was a regular occurance

Heck arrived at Leeds with the knowledge that he'd be facing three teams vying for play-off spots & we have managed to draw with Bristol City (almost won the game if Lassoga buries his golden opportunity at the death) & earn a credible draw at Derby (another game we should have won with three minutes left to play). So two points we could only dream of if TC had remained at Leeds

I wouldn't say Roofe & Alioski are our best players. Roofe is a headless chicken as was proven yet again v Derby & Alioski hadn't put in a decent performance since the 25th November 2017.
He used Hernandez & Saiz sparingly due to injury/long suspension
So do you think in losing one and drawing one, and two of the worst first half displays of the season, Heckingbottom picked the right formation for those games?

Do you think we'd have never won another game if Christiansen had stayed?

We had 10 men against Millwall and Cardiff and produced a great fightback against Millwall.

We faced 3 teams off form and got 2 points.

Roofe is our top scorer, Alioski has been off form but is one of our best attacking threats, and for whatever reasons Hernandez and Saiz were on the bench, they're our most gifted players.

Why didn't Saiz start? Cooper came straight back after a month out.

The players he's been bringing off the bench have 38 goals and 21 assists between them, it doesn't take a genius to work out you need them on the pitch at some point.

It's like when Grayson used to get credit for bringing Beckford, Becchio, Gradel, Howson and Snodgrass off the bench.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Clive wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:39 pm So do you think in losing one and drawing one, and two of the worst first half displays of the season, Heckingbottom picked the right formation for those games?
What the heck!...that`s what I would call fabricating an argument.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

fred wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:13 am What the heck!...that`s what I would call fabricating an argument.
In fairness the Bristol 1st half was awful, as bad as anything else this season.

Derby wasn't as bad but wasnt close to good enough.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

Cjay wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:26 am In fairness the Bristol 1st half was awful, as bad as anything else this season.

Derby wasn't as bad but wasnt close to good enough.
I was talking about Sheff United.

My point is he changed formation for those games and we looked as bad as we have all season.

We looked better against Derby, 4-2-3-1 makes us look more solid and allows us to put moves together in attack.