Leeds v Brentford - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v Brentford - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:46 pm Radio Leeds gave the MoM to Phillips.
You are joking, there having a laugh :shock:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:36 pm Wrong way round Cjay

Both played well but Saiz was easily our best player on the park, made us tick

Without the unbelievable skills of Saiz & the craft of the absent Hernandez I couldn't see us winning that game
Both played well.

Saiz had the ref not blown probably gets an assist (unless Lassie squares it to Ali who was free as a bird).

Felt Ali edged it, took up some great positions, the Lassie one above but also the Ekuban cross that was just behind Alioski. Also his defensive work, most tackles on the pitch today. Exceptional for a winger.

Gonna stand by my fave :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:51 pm You are joking, there having a laugh :shock:
Didn't see a stream myself, so I couldn't agree or disagree. Said he broke up a lot of the Brentford play and got us moving forward. Said we didn't miss Forshaw at all.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:16 pm Awful ref Cjay
Very poor.

The Saiz one was ridiculous. Lassie was onside clean through. Alioski with him, why blow?
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Gandalf wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:58 pm Didn't see a stream myself, so I couldn't agree or disagree. Said he broke up a lot of the Brentford play and got us moving forward. Said we didn't miss Forshaw at all.
He couldn't be more wrong . . . . :roll:
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:11 pm What a powder puff player he is :shock: does he ever win a 50/50 ball ?
Does he ever make a tackle at all?

Thoughts we lost the midfield battle overall today tbh. Woods especially first half was picking up 40 yard throws from there gk, how can that be allowed!!!!
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Norm wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:15 pm 1st win in 2 months - it'll do for me.
5 points from Heckingbottom's first 4 is a little improvement but any improvement is better than none.
He was here about 2 days before his first game so basically no time to prepare. Still unlucky to lose. 5 points from 3 games is a promising start.

Weidwald - 7 - Best game for us by a mile, came and caught crosses, one good save, one dodgy one but I guess that may have moved in the air.

Beradi - 7 - Better from him, no errors and covered well
Anita - 6 - Switching sides is never easy
Cooper - 7 - Good goal, not as composed as Jansson at times and a little agressive at times
Jansson - 8 - Solid assured performance,

Dallas - 8 - Worked hard, set up the goal with his run to get the FK. Needs to start every week imo now
O'Kane - 6 - Probably responsible for more wasted passes ( I counted 6) but grew into the game a bit. Better player going forward
Saiz - 8 - Would be a 10 if there was a little more end product, but he jump starts the attacking side of our game
Alioski 7 - Worked hard, chased down all day long
Phillips - 6 - Solid

Lassoga - 8 - Worked hard, created space and created a couple of chances for himself

Sacko - 5 -
Ekuban - 6 - Rough start but grew into the game and maybe should have had an assist
Vierra - 5

Heck - 8 -
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Cjay wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:55 pm Gonna stand by my fave :)
But Dahling his hairstylist must have been on a bender.
It does not have that visual energy any more... whereas
Canos well what can I say... stole the show in the hair department
with that blonde on black layering... dread to think the amount
of spray to took to hold it in place, but as I have often said
never let good taste stand in the way of style.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

PH on win
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Cooper goal¨
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

rab_rant wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:36 pm But Dahling his hairstylist must have been on a bender.
It does not have that visual energy any more... whereas
Canos well what can I say... stole the show in the hair department
with that blonde on black layering... dread to think the amount
of spray to took to hold it in place, but as I have often said
never let good taste stand in the way of style.
Certainly his hair hasnt the same va va voom as early season.
In the early months his hair barely moved, it was a masterpiece. He was kicked, pushed, and bashed. Yet his blonde locks stayed resolutely unbowed.
Think his stylist is skimping on the quality of his hair spray.
Perhaps Alioski should ask Canos what he uses?

The Spice Boys 2
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Positives

First win under Heck & in 2018
Saiz is class, full of tricks & makes us tick
Great header from Cooper, missed easier chances this season
Weidwald more assured, superb save at 0-0
We are creating more scoring opportunities
Work rate of Dallas & Alioski
Heck's substitutions when leading 1-0 brings on Ekuban & Sacko with 15 minutes to go - as oppose to Christiansen's negative subs bringing on three defensive players
Heck's ruthlessness not afraid of dropping players
Best performance under Heck

Negatives

Unavailability of Forshaw & Hernandez
Another slow start
Should have won by two or three
We still haven't got a LB
O'Kane's powder-puff performance, so weak & lightweight
Do we ever win a 50/50 ball ?
Worst referee I've seen this season

7 - Weidwald
7 - Berardi
7 - Jansson
7 - Cooper
6 - Anita
6 - Phillips
5 - O'Kane
7 - Dallas
8 - Saiz MOTM
7 - Alioski
7 - Lassoga
gessa

Post by gessa »

rab_rant wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:49 pm Cooper goal¨

How does Smith make out that was offside.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:07 pm How does Smith make out that was offside.
Just like the tosspot complained about the grass on our pitch is too long :roll:

He should be feeling fortunate that his team got the rub of the green with some dubious decisions from their twelfth man in green
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

gessa wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:07 pm How does Smith make out that was offside.
Maybe he was smoking some of the long grass he was complaining about
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

IN fairness to Dean Smith, his excuses were weak. But my god he has done some job at Brentford.

Took over after there unexpected 5th placed finish in there 1st Championship in 2014/2015 season under Mark Warburton. That summer he left, along with, Andre Gray, Moses Obubajo, Stuart Dallas and others.

Someone else came in for a spell, didnt work out, he took over in November. then they lost James Tarkowski and Toumani Diagouraga, so thats 5 key players from last seasons squad. They finished 9th, just nine points outside of the playoffs. All this was done without Jota, injured on the 1st day and sent out on loan by Dean Smith to regain fitness upon his return in January 2016.

Following season

They lost Jake Bidwell and David Button, replaced them with Rico Henry and Daniel Bentley, as well as signing there captain today John Egan on a free. Scott Hogan there top scorer left in the winter window. In came two of there stars of now Sergi Canos on a permanent deal from Norwich and Florian Jozefzoon from PSV, plus having allowed Jota to stay on loan for the 1st half off the season, he was recalled in January 2017 and went on to have a fantastic half of a season. They finished 10th.

And this season, they lost captain Harlee Dean, full back Maxime Colin and star Jota in the summer. Brought in Ollie Watkins, Neal Maupay, Henrik Dalsgaard and Kamohelo Mokotjo in the summer. In the winter window they lost Lasse Vibe, top scorer, but they already had a deal to sign talented danish attacker Emiliano Marcondes.

And lets be honest, they absolutely battered us at there place, totally and easily outplayed us, and even at times today, there football was lovely to watch.

Hecky seems to get a lot of credit for wha he did at Barnsley despite losing his best players, doesnt even compare to Dean Smith imo, every window a key player goes, atleast one, they find a replacement.

Bitter he may have been today, but he has done a truly exceptional job at Brentford on limited resources.
Signed

King Cjay

Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

I thought Wiedwald looked very comfortable today. There was one unorthodox punch, but it was an awkward one and it did the job. I don't think he's anything like as bad as people make out. He makes mistakes, but he never seems to lose confidence. I'm not sure I'd fancy any of the keepers in this league. John Ruddy has been in England squads, is top of the league, but he made an awful punch against Fulham and was lucky it went for a corner.

O'Kane played well for me. He was full of energy. I think some people decide a player is no good and they can never do any right in their eyes.

One thing I did notice was Anita and Cooper going for the same ball a couple of times and getting away with it. When that happened with De Bock against Derby it led to their first goal, was highlighted, and formed a big part of the heavy criticism he received after the game.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Clive wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:36 pm I thought Wiedwald looked very comfortable today. There was one unorthodox punch, but it was an awkward one and it did the job. I don't think he's anything like as bad as people make out. He makes mistakes, but he never seems to lose confidence. I'm not sure I'd fancy any of the keepers in this league. John Ruddy has been in England squads, is top of the league, but he made an awful punch against Fulham and was lucky it went for a corner.

O'Kane played well for me. He was full of energy. I think some people decide a player is no good and they can never do any right in their eyes.

One thing I did notice was Anita and Cooper going for the same ball a couple of times and getting away with it. When that happened with De Bock against Derby it led to their first goal, was highlighted, and formed a big part of the heavy criticism he received after the game.
Wiedwald may be good or bad...he`s betteer than Lonergan. End of.
O`Kane is o.k., not good, not bad.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

fred wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:00 pm Wiedwald may be good or bad...he`s betteer than Lonergan. End of.
O`Kane is o.k., not good, not bad.
You listen to some of our fans and they're both as bad as they've seen.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiihaaaaaaaaaaa - a win
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.