Leeds v Brentford - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Leeds v Brentford - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by fred »

Clive wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:10 pm You listen to some of our fans and they're both as bad as they've seen.
Maybe.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:58 pm Didn't see a stream myself, so I couldn't agree or disagree. Said he broke up a lot of the Brentford play and got us moving forward. Said we didn't miss Forshaw at all.
We certainly missed Forshaw in the first half-hour & at times during the 2nd half, he is far more tidy with the ball than Phillips or O'Kane are

Look at our passing accuracy compared to Brentford's Woods & Sawyer
Screenshot 2018-02-25 at 08.26.04.png
Screenshot 2018-02-25 at 08.26.04.png (184.41 KiB) Viewed 1388 times
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:02 pm Does he ever make a tackle at all?

Thoughts we lost the midfield battle overall today tbh. Woods especially first half was picking up 40 yard throws from there gk, how can that be allowed!!!!
He is so weak in a tackle. Something that was very evident yesterday when Felix collected the ball & then was quickly looking for someone to offload the ball out to, he was thwarted as the likes of O'Kane & Phillips turned their backs on him as they jogged back to the halfway-line :shock:

I like the look of Woods, now he does look like a proper midfielder
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Clive wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:36 pm I thought Wiedwald looked very comfortable today. There was one unorthodox punch, but it was an awkward one and it did the job. I don't think he's anything like as bad as people make out. He makes mistakes, but he never seems to lose confidence. I'm not sure I'd fancy any of the keepers in this league. John Ruddy has been in England squads, is top of the league, but he made an awful punch against Fulham and was lucky it went for a corner.

O'Kane played well for me. He was full of energy. I think some people decide a player is no good and they can never do any right in their eyes.

One thing I did notice was Anita and Cooper going for the same ball a couple of times and getting away with it. When that happened with De Bock against Derby it led to their first goal, was highlighted, and formed a big part of the heavy criticism he received after the game.
A lot comes down to not having a settled back four, the constant changes will mean players constantly both going for the same ball or both leaving it - also effects the keeper too as he doesn't know exactly what the defence will deal with and whether he needs to come or stay. Key to last season;s defensive record was the settled defence.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Maybe there was a growth spurt at half time, because Brentford dominated the first half.

Screenshot 2018-02-25 at 11.20.47.png
Screenshot 2018-02-25 at 11.20.47.png (622.39 KiB) Viewed 1113 times
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:30 am We certainly missed Forshaw in the first half-hour & at times during the 2nd half, he is far more tidy with the ball than Phillips or O'Kane are

Your wrong, we didnt miss him because the 2 stooges played very well apparently
https://amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/02/25/l ... s-and-eun/
I thought Hecky was meant to be this local lad who wouldn't talk crap :roll:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:09 pm Your wrong, we didnt miss him because the 2 stooges played very well apparently
https://amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/02/25/l ... s-and-eun/
I thought Hecky was meant to be this local lad who wouldn't talk crap :roll:
Hecky's actions are louder than words, he is roofeless & also defrocked our new LB ;-)

At least one of them will be benched v Boro'
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:30 am We certainly missed Forshaw in the first half-hour & at times during the 2nd half, he is far more tidy with the ball than Phillips or O'Kane are

Do you have the stats for them playing in a similar game with a 4-2-3-1 formation? 4-4-2 doesn't give a lot of options to pass forward.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

weasel wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:56 am A lot comes down to not having a settled back four, the constant changes will mean players constantly both going for the same ball or both leaving it - also effects the keeper too as he doesn't know exactly what the defence will deal with and whether he needs to come or stay. Key to last season;s defensive record was the settled defence.
Exactly. This was the problem under Grayson, a player in the back four would have a bad game and they'd be dropped and we'd be no better because their replacement was of the same level. De Bock is supposed to be the left back we missed in the first half of the season, but one bad game and he's dropped and his replacement makes the same mistakes.

You need to develop trust and understanding, individual errors can come from a lack of it, rather than a lack of ability.