Inability to post if someone has posted since last refresh

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Inability to post if someone has posted since last refresh

Post by HarryofOz »

I'm not sure how to describe this issue.

But if you try and post and others have posted since you last refreshed the screen, your post isn't loaded and you have to submit again - and the issue is repeated if someone has posted a message since your last attempt.

I'm not sure why this feature exists, is there a way to turn it off?
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: Inability to post if someone has posted since last refresh

Post by YorkshireSquare »

HarryofOz wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:49 pm I'm not sure how to describe this issue.

But if you try and post and others have posted since you last refreshed the screen, your post isn't loaded and you have to submit again - and the issue is repeated if someone has posted a message since your last attempt.

I'm not sure why this feature exists, is there a way to turn it off?
Twas always the way.

If someone posts whilst you are typing it will show you the posts, allow you to edit and submit. I'm sure it can be turned off.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Shields53 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:13 am Twas always the way.

If someone posts whilst you are typing it will show you the posts, allow you to edit and submit. I'm sure it can be turned off.
Cheers, not sure what others think. I just find it a bit of a pain, especially on match-day threads.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Harry raised this a while back but I have just worked out how to turn it off. I'm in favour of disabling and will do unless anyone has any objections. For clarity post review is...

If set to yes users are able to review their post if new posts were made to the topic while users wrote theirs.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Thanks Adam
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Shields53 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:04 pm Harry raised this a while back but I have just worked out how to turn it off. I'm in favour of disabling and will do unless anyone has any objections. For clarity post review is...
I vote for disabling
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Difficult one this, posts sometimes become irrelevant if someone posts the exact same thing seconds before or answers the same as you. It's a useful feature most of the time it's annoying matchdays when you hit post go back and watch some football then realise 2,3,5 minutes later your post didn't get by the system
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

faaip wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:34 pm Difficult one this, posts sometimes become irrelevant if someone posts the exact same thing seconds before or answers the same as you. It's a useful feature most of the time it's annoying matchdays when you hit post go back and watch some football then realise 2,3,5 minutes later your post didn't get by the system
I was about to say the same...
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.