64's Bowls

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Can Dalesmen do it ? fingers crossed this afternoon

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:17 am Thanks Swan

Unfortunately we blew it !

Very disappointed with my players who allowed our bogey team to dominated us from the off & we were quickly 12-3 down in the first few ends. I changed tactics which fooled the opposition as they struggled to dominate short ends, we got back to 17-18. We then went back into our initial bad play in the penultimate end with our first six bowls nowhere near the jack leaving me to opt for damage limitation facing my opposite skip Hoof, I managed to cut the fiasco end down to a loss of four going into the final end, by that time I'd resigned myself we were never gonna achieve a draw let alone a victory. The last end was another calamity with me four down with my three bowls to play, once again by almost resorting to playing bowls like tenpin bowling I fired the opposition woods out with us winning the final end by one - lost 19-22

So disappointed as I know my players can do so much better

That's two consecutive seasons we have chucked the title away in our our final game against the same opposition, a team that had lost their last three matches & ended up halfway down the league :(

Good news is Hoof & I won our Evening league match comfortably, a game that didn't really matter as we'd already won the league

So Hoof & I have a Pairs Final to come, a match I expect to win

Unfortunately the one trophy that eluded our Dalesmen team is the one I desperately wanted, I'd sacrifice my other trophies for that one

A very good season all the same :-D
Short ends long ends Jack . . . Dont understand 99% of this.

But I'm sorry you didnt win a trophy :(
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Can Dalesmen do it ?

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:01 pm Yeah always some people on a team that just don't seem to care as much as yourself. Had it all the time as a Sunday League manager dedicating all my time to running things and then you get some players who just don't care.
As I said to Swan you can't coach a winning mentality, that is in the character of an individual.

Some folk play sport for the social element, others are more competitive having that winning streak in them. Bowls is a very competitive, some of the ladies are worst than us fella's :rol:
Those who are not competitive rarely improve & go onto win titles/trophies
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:56 pm Short ends long ends Jack . . . Dont understand 99% of this.

Sorry Cjay the game of bowls probably sounds gobbly-goo to most folk

Thanks all the same mate. Hoof & I should win two trophies this season so we can't complain too much
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:01 pm Sorry Cjay the game of bowls probably sounds gobbly-goo to most folk

Thanks all the same mate. Hoof & I should win two trophies this season so we can't complain too much
There you go then, 2 trophies :clap:

I'll be happy if LUFC win 2 trophies before I'm dead. :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Cjay wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:56 pm Short ends long ends Jack . . . Dont understand 99% of this.

I thought this thread was going to be about a horse when I opened it :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:14 pm There you go then, 2 trophies :clap:

I'll be happy if LUFC win 2 trophies before I'm dead. :lol:
I think we all would Cjay :tup: can't see it in my lifetime mate
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

Leon was more upset with losing his bowls match on Wednesday than when Leeds lose. He never brings his disappointment home with him, always remains the same win, draw or lose even though he travels 100's of miles following his beloved Leeds.
I guess he is use to all the losses, he always insists he has seen more success than many Leeds fans, he does feel sorry for the young ones who follow Leeds
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Pairs Final with my good pal Hoof (top bowler even if he is a codheads fan) tonight

Leeds/Hull fans in unison hopefully showing our winning mentality
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Hoof & I win our Pairs Cup Final tonight 24-6 to go with the Evening League title :-D
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:48 pm Hoof & I win our Pairs Cup Final tonight 24-6 to go with the Evening League title :-D
Congratulations :)

Take the trophies and result down to Elland road on Saturday and show them to Hecky.

Explain what winning means :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:09 pm Congratulations :)

Take the trophies and result down to Elland road on Saturday and show them to Hecky.

Explain what winning means :lol:
Thanks Cjay

It's the players I would enjoy kicking a few arses, show them the trophies & say this is what you can achieve if you improve your game & have a winning mentality. Problem is so many average players earn high salaries now they don't feel it is necessary to up their game, easy money for achieving nothing. I play my sport for the love of the game with no financial incentive !
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Well done with the Bowls Leon - as you say a very competitive game as I remember from years ago.
Do all your different matches (Triples, Pairs, Singles I assume) start at roughly the same time of the year or are there some which start at different times of year?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:59 pm Well done with the Bowls Leon - as you say a very competitive game as I remember from years ago.
Do all your different matches (Triples, Pairs, Singles I assume) start at roughly the same time of the year or are there some which start at different times of year?
Certainly is Norm thanks

Our Indoor season starts at the beginning of October with the Afternoon Triples & Pairs plus the Evening Leagues running right though to the end of March

The cup competitions are played from January to early April

The Outdoor season commences late April/early May
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

So you're pretty much year round? Especially if you're successful in the cups.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:04 pm So you're pretty much year round? Especially if you're successful in the cups.
Yes two or three matches a week Norm

I'm a busy man :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:48 pm Hoof & I win our Pairs Cup Final tonight 24-6 to go with the Evening League title :-D
Yaye!....Well done Leon..... :cup :cup :scar1 :supbo:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

1964white wrote: ↑

Yes two or three matches a week Norm

I'm a busy man :)
I can imagine it would keep you fit until real old age Leon if you persevere.

I came back from England on January 4th this year after a month of walking everywhere and using the train for longer distance stuff, and I felt fit and was half a stone lighter. Movement is the key to longevity.
When we come back over there we must look up the nearest bowls club and get serious about such an activity.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:14 am I can imagine it would keep you fit until real old age Leon if you persevere.

I came back from England on January 4th this year after a month of walking everywhere and using the train for longer distance stuff, and I felt fit and was half a stone lighter. Movement is the key to longevity.
When we come back over there we must look up the nearest bowls club and get serious about such an activity.
Indeed it does Norm

Three younger lads joined our club over the last year or so, all into cricket so they have adapted really quickly as both sports are about finding the right lines. I was up at the club last night watching Mike & Dave in the Singles Final who are both in their late 20's. Mike knocked me out in the semi-finals. Cracking Final ending up 21-18 to Mike, as good as you'd see by the top players in the UK who play at Potters in Norfolk.....a quick pint at the local afterwards :beer:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

1964white wrote: ↑

Indeed it does Norm

Three younger lads joined our club over the last year or so, all into cricket so they have adapted really quickly as both sports are about finding the right lines. I was up at the club last night watching Mike & Dave in the Singles Final who are both in their late 20's. Mike knocked me out in the semi-finals. Cracking Final ending up 21-18 to Mike, as good as you'd see by the top players in the UK who play at Potters in Norfolk.....a quick pint at the local afterwards :beer:
Like I said Leon, we must find something like that for our own fitness, health and longevity.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:27 am Like I said Leon, we must find something like that for our own fitness, health and longevity.
Yes any exercise is best for everyone especially as we grow older

Jill & my motto is to keep going by being busy & active