Grand Slam!!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Grand Slam!!

Post by Gino 1959 »

Norm wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:22 pm A slam is special.
Congrats to the Irish - very well done.
Like your sig Gino.
Slamming your opponent in their own backyard always enjoyable.

Rangers last week, England this.

Been a fulfilling 7 days being Irish.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

Gino 1959 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:57 pm My only disappointment was when the chance of a 19-16 win ended.
You would have spontaneously combusted if that had happened :fire:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

In your dreams, lover-boy!
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

Gino 1959 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:05 pm In your dreams, lover-boy!
:whip:

:ok:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Ronan wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:06 pm :whip:

:ok:
Reminds me of a Bible quote...
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

S & G ?? Dublin 4 ??
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Ronan wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:10 pm S & G ?? Dublin 4 ??
I've gone back to my roots in D8 - The Liberties - the heart of Dublin :ire:
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Norm wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:22 pm A slam is special.
Congrats to the Irish - very well done.
Like your sig Gino.
Special indeed norm. Watched it with my grandad who has only ever seen 1 more slam than me, yet he’s 50 years my elder!!
As for the championship on a whole, Scotland really impressed me and built on a solid autumn, savage at the break down and amazing backs, if they could get a scrum half like Murray they would be a top top side.
Wales did well dispite even more injuries than England and Ireland and that’s saying something! This spring will really stand to them going forward.
France look to be turning a bit of a corner in terms of style and actually giving a sh1t.
Italy had a tough time of it makes you think would allowing relegation and giving Georgia a chance of getting in might living things up! Possibly add in a clause of having a minimum points tally to achieve to avoid relegation should they improve as the original unions would never sign up to relegation should any of them have a poor year.
Onto the big boys, the green machine!! Lucky the grand slam didn’t end on week 1! Dominated the French for possession and territory yet it took over 20 phases of play and a moment of sporting ecstasy to win it in the most dramatic of ways! All the other games were clear dominant wins, with Scotland being the toughest test IMO.
Beating England the way we did, never really under treat would worry England fans, tough tour to South Africa, where rassie is the new coach and he’ll make them hungry again. But they were unbeatable 12 months ago, add tualagi or billy V into that side and they’ll be tough to stop, but we have O Brien, Henshaw, Payne Zebo all to come back in as well as do wales with warburton and Webb to come in, all teams have big room to improve! Anybody but the all blacks!!!
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Shamelessly stolen from another website

Swing low sweet chariot
Ireland's gone and beaten you at home
Swing low sweet chariot
You only finished above that team from Rome
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

HarryofOz WROTE:
Shamelessly stolen from another website

Swing low sweet chariot
Ireland's gone and beaten you at home
Swing low sweet chariot
You only finished above that team from Rome
Nice one H!
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

dezzy wrote: ↑

Special indeed norm. Watched it with my grandad who has only ever seen 1 more slam than me, yet he’s 50 years my elder!!
Glad you could do that dezzy.

Italy had a tough time of it makes you think would allowing relegation and giving Georgia a chance of getting in might liven things up! Possibly add in a clause of having a minimum points tally to achieve to avoid relegation should they improve as the original unions would never sign up to relegation should any of them have a poor year.
I like the way you think dezzy. Lack of relegation/promotion ruins a lot of US sports (in European eyes) because they're all franchises, secure no matter how sh*te they play. That's a very interesting suggestion - whether it would gain traction is another matter.
Onto the big boys, the green machine!! Lucky the grand slam didn’t end on week 1! Dominated the French for possession and territory yet it took over 20 phases of play and a moment of sporting ecstasy to win it in the most dramatic of ways! All the other games were clear dominant wins, with Scotland being the toughest test IMO.
Beating England the way we did, never really under threat would worry England fans, tough tour to South Africa, where rassie is the new coach and he’ll make them hungry again. But they were unbeatable 12 months ago, add tualagi or billy V into that side and they’ll be tough to stop, but we have O Brien, Henshaw, Payne Zebo all to come back in as well as do wales with warburton and Webb to come in, all teams have big room to improve! Anybody but the all blacks!!!
Unfortunately I haven't seen a single game dezzy; we don't get many non-PPV rugby matches over here and even then I'm not sure they would be available.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Norm wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:57 pmNice one H!
If only I could claim credit Norm
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Wonderful week to be Irish, hugely dominant at Cheltenham and then win the Grand Slam in England's back yard. Doesn't get much sweeter than that! He had the good grace to at least be sporting afterwards, but that arrogant little sh*t Jones' 'scummy Irish' remark backfired on him spectacularly.

On a personal note, Jacob Stockdale is my oldest friend's nephew. I've watched him develop from a young boy who loved rugby and had a bit of potential, through Ulster and Ireland schools and development sides to being a fully fledged international who now holds the record for most tries in a Six Nations campaign. Immensely proud of that young man
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Well done to Ireland, fully deserved the Grand Slam, by far the best team of the tournament.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!