Pablo to Birmingham City

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Pablo to Birmingham City

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:52 pm I know Saiz is the golden boy of the fan base, immune to criticism like Berardi.

But Saiz hasnt scored a goal since the end of November. And in 11 games since he has had more cards then assists, 2 assists.

Pablo last 11 games-4assists 1 goal.

Dont think Saiz will go anyways.
You know me I love Pablo, no way I would allow Hernandez to walk away without putting up a fight above the majority of the sh*te in our squad
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

100% offered a one year, knowing at his age it’s all about two years, they can then say we tried.
But is it all bad, he’s on big wages, is he going to play 36 plus games?
It’s a shame, the worry is bringing in a player to replace him is the job of me orta, if Pablo goes, you’d want to replace him with somebody like Seanie McGuire, young and smashed his first season in the championship since single handily winning the league of Ireland for Cork City. That kid is the real deal, played up top out wide or off the front man and was scoring for fun before injury and now again. Lethal player, but no, we’ll let Pablo go and a guy like McGuire won’t even enter their heads.....
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:28 pm You know me I love Pablo, no way I would allow Hernandez to walk away without putting up a fight above the majority of the sh*te in our squad
:tup:

If he wants to go fair enough, but atleast try and keep him, according to Phil Hay today nothing has happened, he hasnt had an offer at all yet (PAblo)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:07 pm :tup:

If he wants to go fair enough, but atleast try and keep him, according to Phil Hay today nothing has happened, he hasnt had an offer at all yet (PAblo)
I wish our owner would go, really hope he sells up
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

dezzy wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:46 pm 100% offered a one year, knowing at his age it’s all about two years, they can then say we tried.
But is it all bad, he’s on big wages, is he going to play 36 plus games?
It’s a shame, the worry is bringing in a player to replace him is the job of me orta, if Pablo goes, you’d want to replace him with somebody like Seanie McGuire, young and smashed his first season in the championship since single handily winning the league of Ireland for Cork City. That kid is the real deal, played up top out wide or off the front man and was scoring for fun before injury and now again. Lethal player, but no, we’ll let Pablo go and a guy like McGuire won’t even enter their heads.....
Spot on, Desmond. He'll want financial security - understandably - and that will take precedent over the number of games he plays.

Maguire and Horgan at Dundalk should have been signed ages ago. If we had any kind of half-decent scouting system that would have happened. A blind man could see they both had something. I watch League of Ireland every week without fail and there are some decent players there.

Hopefully, no return to the days of Colin handing out long contracts to donkeys, though I accept PH isn't an ass.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Is McGuire the lad at Preston who stepped up/got back to fitness aroung the time they sold Hughil to West Ham? Been hearing good things about him
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

lufc1304 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:54 pm Is McGuire the lad at Preston who stepped up/got back to fitness aroung the time they sold Hughil to West Ham? Been hearing good things about him
Yep. Did well when he got there. Then injured. Been in blistering form now back and playing in his perfect position.

Likewise Liam Boyce at Burton, who is showing how good he is post- ACL. Just read an excellent article on him by a Norn Ireland journo and just reading it you think this is a heck of a player.

Lots of good players a short plane trip away, but nobody looking.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Gino 1959 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:05 pm Yep. Did well when he got there. Then injured. Been in blistering form now back and playing in his perfect position.

Likewise Liam Boyce at Burton, who is showing how good he is post- ACL. Just read an excellent article on him by a Norn Ireland journo and just reading it you think this is a heck of a player.

Lots of good players a short plane trip away, but nobody looking.
Thought that was him, he'd be worth an enquiry in the summer by the sounds of it.

We talked about Boyce when he was still at Cliftonville and he's gone on to be as good as we both thought he was, maybe better. He can do better than Burton, with all due respect to them. There's been some great Irish players at Leeds over the years, but it seems our scouts don't look close to home anymore
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:37 pm Personally dont think Alioski is anywhere near the class of the two Spaniards - hes been fortunate to get so much game time in my opinion.
Cue Cjay :)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:30 pm Cue Cjay :)
:evil:

Didnt see that.

Take Alioski out and Saiz is a shadow of himself. Take Ali out we lose a player who works harder then Pablo and Saiz combined.

I accept Alioski has been in poorer form but in recent games he has started to shine again. Taking people on and putting in some lovely crosses :love:

1 more goal 1 less assist then Saiz in the league.

And he hasnt spat at anyone.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom