Leeds v Bolton - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v Bolton - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:32 pm BPF - 6 - Not much to do tbf but did it well
Beradi - 6 - Solid game for me. Beaten for the headed goal though
Dallas - 7 - Offered a fair bit going forward and defended ok
Jansson - 7 - Typical PJ performance
Pennington - 6 - Still not a starting CB imo but ok today
Vierra - 9 - MOTM - Back to his best breaking up play, strong on the ball and some good passing added
O'Kane - 5 - Dithers, loses possession and a weakness today
Alioski - 8 - Busy, dangerous, just needs to work on his final product.
Hernandez - 7 - Mixed bag today with some mis timed passes but got the winner
Ekuban - 7 - Could have had a hatrick, rushed some chances but got into space well in the first place.
Lassoga - 6 - Again slightly off performance all round could have been redeemed with a goal from the odd chance he fashioned

Saiz - 8 - Getting back to form it seems, should have had a couple of assists
Grot - 6 - Not a winger, would like to have sen him on in place of Caleb

Heck - 7 - Still early days but improving to be sure. Fulham a massive test
I don't think our ratings agree today mate but we all read & see the game differently
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Pablo Hernandez show

Brave assist for first goal
Assist for Lassoga's header
Goal poacher goal as Pablo bravely poked the ball home with two defenders about to clatter him
Lovely effort on target bringing out a good save from the Bolton keeper
A couple of beautiful slide-rule passes
Also think he was involved when Pontus hit the crossbar

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... 2-1-bolton
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

fred wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:57 pm You`re easy-to-please I conclude... :)
No, not really fred.....Just ask Mr Swan :)
But the chaps do a grand job of giving me an insight into what's happening during the game. I don't do streaming and gave up on LUTV last year because I preferred to read what was happening on here.....makes me feel involved in the game, so therefore I really do appreciate all their comments..... :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:57 pm decent performance, not great but was ok. / / 5.5 out of 10 for me
Ouch Cjay :shock:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:25 pm Ouch Cjay :shock:
Beating Bolton by 1 goal at home doesnt deserve more imo.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Positives

First victory in five games.
Improved performance.
Created several chances.
Pablo Hernandez at the heart of all our attacking threat
Pontus commanding at the back
Vieira back to somewhere near his best
The movement & work rate of Ekuban upfront

Negatives

Forshaw surprisingly missing due to injury I assume
Allowing a poor side back in the game after we'd gone 2-0 up.
Not killing Bolton off missing so many opportunities particularly Ekuban & Alioski
Saiz still messing up too many times
Lassoga, O'Kane & Pennington are not good enough on current form

6 Peacock-Farrell
7 Dallas
8 Jansson
5 Pennington
7 Berardi
8 Vieira
5 O'Kane
6 Alioski
9 Hernandez MOTM
7 Ekuban
5 Lassoga
Subs
5 Saiz
n/a Grot

7 Team performance
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:34 pm Beating Bolton by 1 goal at home doesnt deserve more imo.
A bit harsh Cjay

How many chances did Bolton create ?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:34 pm Beating Bolton by 1 goal at home doesnt deserve more imo.
We were better than TC first game when a really bad Bolton gave us so many troubles...They've improved a lot.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I know I went tut at least 5 times when Pablo lost possession
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Forshaw hamstring or head injury depending what you read
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:55 pm I know I went tut at least 5 times when Pablo lost possession
Because he is the only player who is looking to pass the ball, at times he is far too clever for the players around him, also he is bound to make some poor passes during a game

Look at his influence on the game, he was at the heart of all our good opportunities, no way would we won that match without our little Spanish wizard today

As our fans sang loudly today "sign him up, sign him up, sign him up" :whistle:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:54 pm We were better than TC first game when a really bad Bolton gave us so many troubles...They've improved a lot.
Without any doubt :tup:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:53 pm A bit harsh Cjay

How many chances did Bolton create ?
They had one off the line, Buckley should definitely have scored the header, Ameobi was unlucky not to score as well.

They have 3 wins in 11 and are 20th in the league there a poor side.

Why should we go OTT with praise for beating them at Elland Road?
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:54 pm We were better than TC first game when a really bad Bolton gave us so many troubles...They've improved a lot.
Would disagree.

The Bolton side TC played had just won promotion, they had a better striker as well that day.

There confidence would have been far higher then it was today, and they were playing the 1st game of a new season following promotion at home, we did well to beat them that day.

3 wins in 11 and 20th in the league, we should expect to beat teams like that at home.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:08 pm Would disagree.

The Bolton side TC played had just won promotion, they had a better striker as well that day.

There confidence would have been far higher then it was today, and they were playing the 1st game of a new season following promotion at home, we did well to beat them that day.

3 wins in 11 and 20th in the league, we should expect to beat teams like that at home
We did win, if Ekuban & Alioski had their shooting boots on we could have scored six !

Not Hecky's fault that our strikers can't hit the target or score from one on ones
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

We should be beating Bolton, but the reality is we haven't been beating teams we should have been in the last 15+ games. An important three points that steadies my nerves a bit.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:05 pm We did win, if Ekuban & Alioski had their shooting boots on we could have scored six !

Not Hecky's fault that our strikers can't hit the target or score from one on ones
Then it wasnt TCs fault vs Villa or Fulham or Derby or Sheffield Wednesday or Bristol City or Boro or Sunderland or Forest or Preston or Ipswich.

All games we had chances to win and should have had 2 or 3 before those teams had one .

Works both ways if it isnt Heckys fault then TC cant be criticised either, because we made chances in all those games but didnt take them

I'm pleased we won dont get me wrong but a 1 goal home win over Bolton is a long way from whats acceptable imo.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Shields53 wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:30 pm We should be beating Bolton, but the reality is we haven't been beating teams we should have been in the last 15+ games. An important three points that steadies my nerves a bit.
Glad to win but papering over the cracks imo.

Win or draw and deserve it vs Fulham then I'll be more praising.
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:08 pm Would disagree.

3 wins in 11 and 20th in the league, we should expect to beat teams like that at home.
Would agree with CJay. When we played Bolton first time we dominated and Bolton only really threatened from set pieces. We also were without Pontus in that opening game and then Berardi came off injured in the first half, a minute before we conceded. Pennington then went off injured in the second half and his replacement Shaugnessy gave away a penalty just a minute after coming on. In fact the BBC report from the game agreed with my assessment as they wrote - Bolton, promoted from League One in May, were direct throughout but struggled to create anything clear-cut from open play

Some people use selective memory and selective facts to make their arguments and I see because we got a win PH is now the messiah to them again. More worrying for me is the fact that he is now trying to destroy the confidence of our bright prospect at left back by preferring to play a right back there and then a winger in the right back position. Sacrificing a potential future player just because he (PH) needed a win - like I have said previously I would have preferred to see good signs for the future rather than a win and that would have involved given a potential future left back, Pearce, the rest of the season at left back rather than playing Berardi there as we all know Berardi isn't the answer. Also wonder if his 'decision,' to pick Vieira, only happened because of Forshaw's injury and that he would have player Forshaw and O'Kane if Forshaw had have been available.

As such happy with the 3 points but still see no signs of encouragement that PH is any good. Even Hockaday was capable of a couple of wins.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Oh dear :oops: