Virtual Lowfields Road - on your mobile device!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Twitter: lufcrace

Virtual Lowfields Road - on your mobile device!

Post by LUFCRACE »

Hi all, me again, here to pester you all with suggestions that you might like to come and join us in our matchday chatroom while you listen to/watch games.

The chatroom hosts - everywherechat - have just changed their service so that it no longer uses flash - so it is now fully available across mobile devices - you could even log in while you're at the game if you really wanted to!
It has a brand new look and features are still quite basic, but apparently, there is more to come.

We have a laugh, we have a moan, if you can't get to games - why not, not get to games with other fans? ;-)

All are welcome, (we even let non-Leeds fans in if they find us), our only rule is that people aren't abusive (towards each other - hurling abuse at the game is perfectly acceptable!).

Direct links aren't working currently - so for the moment you will have to go to www.everywherechat.com and type
/join VirtualLowfieldsRoad
into the chat box - OR you can search the room list for 'VirtualLowfieldsRoad' if you're adventurous enough to look for that.

Hope to see a few of you there tomorrow night! MOT!
BRING BACK BRADDERS

International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Virtual Lowfields Road - on your mobile device!

Post by The Subhuman »

Or we have a cracking thread here
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:34 pm Or we have a cracking thread here
We do indeed :tup:

I love reading our match thread on my journeys back home from Leeds games :love:
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager

Post by LUFCRACE »

Not stopping anyone posting in it - it's just an alternative. OR indeed an addition.
BRING BACK BRADDERS

International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

:-D VLR is great and much better than the thread on MOT. imo of course. Give it a try, we chat in real time :-D :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

You can easily revisit and review a thread. Can you review (chronologically) a record of all chat in the Chat Room later?
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager

Post by LUFCRACE »

No Norm, but it isn’t intended as that. It’s all personal opinion, but I certainly find a live chat much better during the match and threads on here better for post match discussion. I understand others prefer otherwise, We aren’t trying to pull people away from MOT.
Isn’t it nice to have a variety of options?
BRING BACK BRADDERS

1964white

Post by 1964white »

LUFCRACE wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:03 pm No Norm, but it isn’t intended as that. It’s all personal opinion, but I certainly find a live chat much better during the match and threads on here better for post match discussion. I understand others prefer otherwise, We aren’t trying to pull people away from MOT.
Isn’t it nice to have a variety of options?
Nice sales pitch Lulu

Of course you are as you are targeting all the new members we've built up on here

There seems to be a deliberate ploy from a few to wreck everything that is good on MOT

Oh well our members will make their choice, hopefully they will remain loyal
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Indeed we do faaip. I even gave up LUTV to enjoy our MOT thread. We have debate during a game, we have interesting topics going on as well.... ie donuts :) ....(blame Cjay and hector for that one!).....or Bridge (down to faaip :) ) For me, I just love tuning in to the MOT matchday thread. The guys (particularly faaip and Cjay) give a facinating insight into what's happening on the pitch from their streams. MOT is what I know and love....I will be here come 7.30pm.....hope you all will be as well.... :scar1
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I'm not knocking VLR - I just prefer something I can re-read later.
On the few occasions I used VLR I found a hectic sense of people trying to impress other participants by making humorous or cryptic comments for the sake of it. Yes, you could have fun, but it didn't have the discipline of considered thought and gravitas.
In short, if you will forgive me, people could behave like schoolboys. Maybe I don't want to be there.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:25 am I'm not knocking VLR - I just prefer something I can re-read later.
On the few occasions I used VLR I found a hectic sense of people trying to impress other participants by making humorous or cryptic comments for the sake of it. Yes, you could have fun, but it didn't have the discipline of considered thought and gravitas.
In short, if you will forgive me, people could behave like schoolboys. Maybe I don't want to be there.
I always found VLR that way too Norm just like matchday topics on other forums which seem to go totally off topic & it all becomes somewhat silly. At least our matchday thread is concentrated around the game itself in the main. Faaip, Cjay & others do a fantastic job.

I'm usually at the majority of games, it shouldn't concern me but it does so I'll fight MOT's corner vigorously especially as I love reading everyone's comments on my journeys back home

Keep up the good work up lads & lassies :tup:
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

1964white wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:11 pm Nice sales pitch Lulu

Of course you are as you are targeting all the new members we've built up on here

There seems to be a deliberate ploy from a few to wreck everything that is good on MOT

No-one is trying to ruin MoT

The chatroom was created for MoT members, so to accuse anyone that uses it of being disloyal is ridiculous

And it's perfectly possible to contribute to both.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Thanks Anna, pleased to hear that VLR is now mobile friendly. Had some great laughs in the old days on there when Twiggs and yourself used to set it all up for us.
I will try to join for a bit at some point tonight.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Leon, I really dont think that's Anna's intention. VLR was born through MOT forum therefore they can co-exist simultaneously without any issues in my opinion. I will always post on MOT but no harm in also participating in VLR too.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Just a tad OTT there, Leon, an alternate match day offering is not an attempt to wreck MOT!! When my Saturday afternoons were free, I really enjoyed VLR on match days, good craic and a chance to vent with other fans. It and MOT can be enjoyed in tandem, I dare say you could probably have a split screen if you were tech savvy enough and do both. Calm down, mate, there is no conspiracy!!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Personally I don't think I've been over the top bearing in mind some of the things that have been going on over the last few months

I'll give this special forum & the current members who want to be here my full backing & support, it maybe black & white but that's how I am !
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

lufc1304 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:08 am Just a tad OTT there, Leon, an alternate match day offering is not an attempt to wreck MOT!! When my Saturday afternoons were free, I really enjoyed VLR on match days, good craic and a chance to vent with other fans. It and MOT can be enjoyed in tandem, I dare say you could probably have a split screen if you were tech savvy enough and do both. Calm down, mate, there is no conspiracy!!
VLR in it's day was absolutely brilliant.....live commentary on in the background and at it's peak had about 50 people on board during matches....it was a joy !!!

I think live TV coverage of Leeds kind of killed it....but we used to have some great craic there...I look back on it fondly. :tup:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

1964white wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:41 am Personally I don't think I've been over the top bearing in mind some of the things that have been going on over the last few months

I'll give this special forum & the current members who want to be here my full backing & support, I maybe black & white but that's how I am !
You've defected to the Toon ;-)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Azkalwhite wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:21 pm You've defected to the Toon ;-)
No way Azkal ;-)
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

1964white wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:38 pm No way Azkal ;-)
Enjoy the game pal :)