17% forum backing for Paul Heckingbottom

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

PH Sack him or back him?

Poll ended at Mon May 14, 2018 5:36 pm

Sack him now
60%
Sack him at the end of the season
23%
Keep him and let him be the manager next season
17%

Total votes: 30

fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: 19% forum backing for Paul Heckingbottom

Post by fred »

Ronan wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:25 pm I have never felt as out of touch with Leeds United since i started supporting them...that makes me quite sad :(
Agree. Have the same Feeling (he seems soo distant, as if he didn`t identify with the Job or club at all...same a Radz and Orta)...but could it change if we had success under Heckingbottom? I have the strange impression, that even if the Heck had success many would want him out (a bit like with Monk). But then again: if he had success peoples perception would probably change as would he be able to be more offensiv in the way he portrayes himself.
A bit too many Ifs I guess...interesting game tomorow.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Cjay wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:55 pm You know what is interesting.

Our form is the 22nd worst in the league under Hecky.

Have a guess where we would be if the results Hecky has had this season were all as our manager?

22nd. 37 points, thats his record this season, 1 point BELOW Barnsley.
True. But the team he inherited from TC was BS. (Red cards, injuries, low confidence.)

His body language at interviews is very irritating: coughing, touching ears, nose...playing with fingers etc. etc. every 10 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBxVXlEKxV4 17:40 onwards...he`s more or less lost for words, just makes a clueless (even regretful?) impression.

Whatever: whoever wants him out, MUST hope for a defeat and bad performance tomorow...would legit sacking him, if anything can (admitting that the appointment of Heck was an even bigger `mistake`...)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

fred wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:56 pm True. But the team he inherited from TC was BS. (Red cards, injuries, low confidence.)
But yet far better then the form under Hecky, there's no excuse for his record since he joined us.
His body language at interviews is very irritating: coughing, touching ears, nose...playing with fingers etc. etc. every 10 seconds.
Negative body language, negative manager who knows he is out of his depth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBxVXlEKxV4 17:40 onwards...he`s more or less lost for words, just makes a clueless (even regretful?) impression.

Whatever: whoever wants him out, MUST hope for a defeat and bad performance tomorow...would legit sacking him, if anything can (admitting that the appointment of Heck was an even bigger `mistake`...)
I cant hope for a loss but I'm so fed up of this season that a defeat wouldn't bother me.

Losing another makes no difference to our season.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Re: 17% forum backing for Paul Heckingbottom

Post by danhirons »

makes absolutely no sense sacking him before the end of the season. would be very surprised if the club do it.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

danhirons wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:47 pm makes absolutely no sense sacking him before the end of the season. would be very surprised if the club do it.
It makes perfect sense because it's just embarrassing to have him as manager and we need to start planning for next season without him.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

Cjay wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:19 pm I cant hope for a loss but I'm so fed up of this season that a defeat wouldn't bother me.

Losing another makes no difference to our season.
I hate it when people go on about how bad the team was before.

We were a point behind Middlesbrough and six ahead of Millwall.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Clive wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:58 pm It makes perfect sense because it's just embarrassing to have him as manager and we need to start planning for next season without him.
Embarassingly idiotic? Embarassing for who? The club, the fans, rational thinking? For you?
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Clive wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:00 pm I hate it when people go on about how bad the team was before.

We were a point behind Middlesbrough and six ahead of Millwall.
Hate? You have problems, mate.
And yes: we were s**t and are s**t...overachieving and underachieving at times. First seven games: check out against how poor teams we played for example. (And even then we got lucky in those first games.)
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Clive wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:58 pm It makes perfect sense because it's just embarrassing to have him as manager and we need to start planning for next season without him.
better coaches likely to be available at the end of the season, nothing to play for the last few games, maybe you're embarrassed but I'm not. we can plan for the new season in the summer = let's make a decision in the summer.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

fred wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:18 am Hate? You have problems, mate.
And yes: we were s**t and are s**t...overachieving and underachieving at times. First seven games: check out against how poor teams we played for example. (And even then we got lucky in those first games.)
And yet the 4 of those teams that we also faced under PH we achieved 3 poorer results and 1 similar result. 1 of those 7 teams we faced at the start is in 2nd place in the league (and we played them off the park for 75 minutes and were only robbed of the win by an incorrect offside decision) and 1 is 3 points off the playoffs but with a game in hand on the 6th placed team.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

weasel wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:04 pm And yet the 4 of those teams that we also faced under PH we achieved 3 poorer results and 1 similar result. 1 of those 7 teams we faced at the start is in 2nd place in the league (and we played them off the park for 75 minutes and were only robbed of the win by an incorrect offside decision) and 1 is 3 points off the playoffs but with a game in hand on the 6th placed team.
You can`t compare 2 games against the same club months apart. That is soo obvious. The factors conditioning the result can change dramatically within 3-4 months.
And I said it before, naming one factor: we got lucky in those first 7 games (one reason why we overachieved in regard to results in those games). Watch them again. In the bad spells later we had a tendency to having bad luck with vital decisions going against us (resulting in us maybe underachieving in regar to results).

If you compare at least take the match stats (and not only the result) as basis. We had about 52% ball possesion in those first 7 games (not concidering the Burton game...what a fluke game) we had even less than 50% possesion. What does that say...not much I guess either...one would have to look at all of the vital stats. Good and bad luck, refs etc. never appear in the stats though.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Okay so the wins were all down to luck especially that very lucky 5-0 win v Burton. Shame we hired the most unlucky manager that was available as he has been extremely unlucky for 1 1/2 seasons now.

So to put it blunty PH will be a good manager if he gets lucky - nothing to do with being a good coach or tactician.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

weasel wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:02 pm Okay so the wins were all down to luck especially that very lucky 5-0 win v Burton. Shame we hired the most unlucky manager that was available as he has been extremely unlucky for 1 1/2 seasons now.

So to put it blunty PH will be a good manager if he gets lucky - nothing to do with being a good coach or tactician.
PH did a decent job keeping barnsley in the championship, not lucky just working with a poor squad and poor budget
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The squad that kept Barnsley up and got them up wasnt Heckingbottoms.

The squad they have now, thats his.

They'd won 6 on the bounce when he got the job.

They continued that form a while, slowly the Lee Johnson squad was fazed out for Hecky's and 15months after there last good spell (when key Johnson players left) they are where they are now with Hecky's squad.

Truth is Hecky has never proven anything of his own talent.

The Barnsley squad was in good form when he got the job, they already were in the JPT final, the squad kept doing what Johnson had it doing and got promoted.

Lee Johnson's players, Connor Hourihane, Sam Winnall, Josh Scowen, James Bree, Marc Roberts, Adam Davies, Marley Watkins etc helped them start well in the Championship, but as some of those left and Hecky brought in his players Barnsley form dipped and eventually fell of a cliff for 12months before he left.

Thats one thing that concerns me about Heckingbottom.

For all this talk of time and his players and Barnsley finishing 14th etc. The squad that HE built is the one they have now, the squad that got promoted and won the JPT wasnt Paul Heckingbottoms.

He has no credibility, he hasnt ever built a squad and won matches, he has inherited a squad that just kept doing what it was before.
Signed

King Cjay

fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

weasel wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:02 pm Okay so the wins were all down to luck especially that very lucky 5-0 win v Burton. Shame we hired the most unlucky manager that was available as he has been extremely unlucky for 1 1/2 seasons now.

Hey, you interpreted my post 100% correct! A true mastermind in hermeneutics... :)

To put it short: the best manager in the world wouldn`t gain promotion with the squad we currently have available.
That is: we need quality additions (from the youth teams and/or buy), keep thee best players we have, and hope that we don`t have lengthy injuries. (As we hardly will have a squad strong enough to have a good enough Nr 2 for each position.)

So: limited ground for hope in my eyes, but not totally without hope. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Know there seems to be a huge divide in the fanbase, but we could have lost yesterday, we really could, we could have lost to Sunderland to, and Bolton,

BPF was top 3 in the MOTM against Sunderland and probably will be vs Barnsley, thats not right, definitely not at home. Our squad isnt top 6, but its sure as shite good enough to comfortably beat teams like Sunderland and Barnsley, we know this, they have done it.

For whatever reason Hecky hasnt got 1 convincing performance out of this side, not one, and thats a concern, surely no matter what side of the fence people sit on they can see that there absolutely is a concern with Hecky ? To not comfortably beat Sunderland and Barnsley AT HOME, with Saiz, ALioski Pablo etc all there and available is very poor, we know those 3 can tear those teams to shreds, so why havent they for Hecky?
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

You are wasting your time Cjay. Some people will probably still not be convinced PH is awful even when we sit bottom of the table next season with a team lacking in talent and commitment. It won't be PH's fault though it will be all those naughty players he brought in that have not followed his instructions to overachieve. Why use tactics when all you need to do is overachieve.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Just give Corberan the QPR game and let Dalby, Rey, Clarke and Macucha have a run out.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Only 10% on the latest poll I saw on Twitter...
Untitled.png
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

weasel wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:32 pm You are wasting your time Cjay. Some people will probably still not be convinced PH is awful even when we sit bottom of the table next season with a team lacking in talent and commitment. It won't be PH's fault though it will be all those naughty players he brought in that have not followed his instructions to overachieve. Why use tactics when all you need to do is overachieve.
Missing the whole point though: sack him and replace him with WHO?