17% forum backing for Paul Heckingbottom

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

PH Sack him or back him?

Poll ended at Mon May 14, 2018 5:36 pm

Sack him now
60%
Sack him at the end of the season
23%
Keep him and let him be the manager next season
17%

Total votes: 30

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: PH Sack him or back him?

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:06 am So you'd be happy with relegation just so we can show some stability?
We'll be fighting relegation if our supposedly saviour doesn't kick Orta out & allow the manager to bring in his own players & get shot of all the deadwood we seem to have accumulated once again

Oh & how about a proper leader being made captain this season not a League One player from Chesterfield....Forgive me for being flippant which coach couldn't even make that decision at the start of this horrible season :roll:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:44 am We'll be fighting relegation if our supposedly saviour doesn't kick Orta out & allow the manager to bring in his own players & get shot of all the deadwood we seem to have accumulated once again

Oh & how about a proper leader being made captain this season not a League One player from Chesterfield....Forgive me for being flippant which coach couldn't even make that decision at the start of this horrible season :roll:
We wouldn't be anywhere near relegation if TC was still in charge. Appoint a good manager and we'll be up there. Tired of hearing how tough this league is. It isn't, we just appoint sh-t managers all the time.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:39 am He's been here 13 games, 2 months and there's been zero improvement or change in anything we do. We were never in the bottom half of had a negative goal difference until he came in. He's made players like Saiz, Alioski, Jansson, Phillips, Dallas, Lasogga worse than they were before he got here. That's the sign of a poor manager. They're not bad players or League 1 players, it's his coaching. The players are unhappy with his subs and tactics. The fact Barnsley fans are laughing at us for paying for him, tells you all you need to know.
Hang on a minute :

Saiz decided to spit his dummy out bringing disgrace to our club, hasn't recovered his early form since. Was dropped by TC a couple of times

Alioski hasn't really turned up since Barnsley on the 25th November

TC dropped Jansson last September, not good under TC, slightly better under Hecky, has been half the player he was last season

Phillips started the season well but lost his place under TC when the real Kalvin turned up

Dallas has arguably had a better period under Hecky although he is still very average

Lassoga has been dropped by both TC & Hecky because he is a lazy, greedy German lump with an appalling attitude, couldn't be arsed to applaud our fans at Villa as he showed more effort & pace running towards the dressing-room as the final whistle blew than he did during the game

As i posted earlier funny how our young academy lads are showing quality & commitment to Leeds as oppose to our overpaid experienced players
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:46 am We wouldn't be anywhere near relegation if TC was still in charge. Appoint a good manager and we'll be up there. Tired of hearing how tough this league is. It isn't, we just appoint sh-t managers all the time
You can blame the owners for that, they employ the managers/coaches
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:44 am We'll be fighting relegation if our supposedly saviour doesn't kick Orta out & allow the manager to bring in his own players & get shot of all the deadwood we seem to have accumulated once again

We'll be fighting relegation with PH in form or can you not work out how averaging less than 1 point per game is relegation certainty form? So PH needs to be given a chance with his own players - so is he meant to bring in eleven new players before he can do anything? What happens if a couple of those players get injured or banned does he then get another free pass for the season?

Whilst TC might have not made a great choice with appointing Cooper as captain I think you will find that not only did PH also make Cooper captain too but also O'Kane.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

It would my wish is about to come true !

I love players who get blood on their boots. :love: I was brought up on them

Screenshot 2018-04-15 at 12.15.52.png
Screenshot 2018-04-15 at 12.15.52.png (218.88 KiB) Viewed 3608 times
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:18 am It would my wish is about to come true !

I love players who get blood on their boots. :love: I was brought up on them

Screenshot 2018-04-15 at 12.15.52.png
Typical old fashioned manager with no skill. :roll:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

weasel wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:16 am We'll be fighting relegation with PH in form or can you not work out how averaging less than 1 point per game is relegation certainty form? So PH needs to be given a chance with his own players - so is he meant to bring in eleven new players before he can do anything? What happens if a couple of those players get injured or banned does he then get another free pass for the season?

Whilst TC might have not made a great choice with appointing Cooper as captain I think you will find that not only did PH also make Cooper captain too but also O'Kane.
No matter how bad it gets and how many excuses he is afforded, some will still defend him. Why?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:16 am We'll be fighting relegation with PH in form or can you not work out how averaging less than 1 point per game is relegation certainty form? So PH needs to be given a chance with his own players - so is he meant to bring in eleven new players before he can do anything? What happens if a couple of those players get injured or banned does he then get another free pass for the season?

He's been testing the water seeing what the players are all about, like his results I doubt his impressions on this horrible bunch makes good reading. Time to bring in proper championship players

Berardi & Hernandez also captained Leeds too

New captain, new players with the right attitude on the way :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:22 am Typical old fashioned manager with no skill. :roll:
It's upto Radz to seriously back him

Time will tell
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:08 am Hang on a minute :

Saiz decided to spit his dummy out bringing disgrace to our club, hasn't recovered his early form since. Was dropped by TC a couple of times

Alioski hasn't really turned up since Barnsley on the 25th November

TC dropped Jansson last September, not good under TC, slightly better under Hecky, has been half the player he was last season

Phillips started the season well but lost his place under TC when the real Kalvin turned up

Dallas has arguably had a better period under Hecky although he is still very average

Lassoga has been dropped by both TC & Hecky because he is a lazy, greedy German lump with an appalling attitude, couldn't be arsed to applaud our fans at Villa as he showed more effort & pace running towards the dressing-room as the final whistle blew than he did during the game

As i posted earlier funny how our young academy lads are showing quality & commitment to Leeds as oppose to our overpaid experienced players
So why doesn't TC get the same excuses as Heck then? TC was gone as soon as we dropped out the top 6. PH was brought in to get us top 6, he is an utter disaster.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:26 am It's upto Radz to seriously back him

Time will tell
His players are bottom of the league scrappers. We'll be full of mediocre players we can't shift after he's fired. All we need is Helander, Charlie Adam, Diogo Goncalves, Abel Hernandez, all would improve our starting XI and have us compete for top 6. Heck won't be able to attract good players to our club.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Sack him now and let Corboran have the reigns until season end. In the interim, Radz pulls his head out of his arse and hires a decent manager who's given complete control of first team affairs. PH is hopeless, despite claims that it's all the players fault. Yes, some aren't good enough, but they are better than this clown is making them look.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:01 am What is he supposed to achieve with the bunch of average players he has at his disposal, a squad that lacks pace, quality, discipline, bottle & a poor attitude with several throwing sickie's

It's ironic how BPF, O'Connor & Pearce walk straight into the team putting in top performances & showing immense composure at their tender age
He’s the manager, he’s supposed to sort out this type of thing, get them in his office and lay it on the line, get them fitter, sort out the attitude etc. The majority are the same players who performed reasonably well in the first half of the season so we know they’ve got it in them.
The three young players are doing fantastically well but that’s because the more senior players have dropped off and are making them look good and we all love to see youth doing well.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:29 am So why doesn't TC get the same excuses as Heck then? TC was gone as soon as we dropped out the top 6. PH was brought in to get us top 6, he is an utter disaster.
I already said it's not the coaches fault, the problems lye a lot deeper than the surface

No coach was gonna achieve a top-six place with this squad. I've seen nearly every club twice now & the majority of them have better players in several positions than we have
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:52 am He’s the manager, he’s supposed to sort out this type of thing, get them in his office and lay it on the line, get them fitter, sort out the attitude etc. The majority are the same players who performed reasonably well in the first half of the season so we know they’ve got it in them.
The three young players are doing fantastically well but that’s because the more senior players have dropped off and are making them look good and we all love to see youth doing well
Indeed they are Rich, maybe they have more desire

BPF is better than Wiedwald & Lonergan

Tom Pearce reminds me of how Charlie Taylor took his opportunity at LB, he is better than the inept three De Bock, Anita & CBJ & appears more accomplished than Berardi too.

O'Connor looks more comfortable & composed than Pennington, Cooper & dare I say it Jansson

Young players showing more experienced campaigners the way

Reminds me of Revie's early days when he chucked several 15/16yo's into the first team
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:35 am Sack him now and let Corboran have the reigns until season end. In the interim, Radz pulls his head out of his arse and hires a decent manager who's given complete control of first team affairs. PH is hopeless, despite claims that it's all the players fault. Yes, some aren't good enough, but they are better than this clown is making them look
Are they Nick ?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:31 am His players are bottom of the league scrappers. We'll be full of mediocre players we can't shift after he's fired. All we need is Helander, Charlie Adam, Diogo Goncalves, Abel Hernandez, all would improve our starting XI and have us compete for top 6. Heck won't be able to attract good players to our club.
So why didn't we go for those type of signings last summer to replace our departed best players
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Radz and Orta are at fault for the squad not being good enough.

Ironically the day before TC got sacked Angus was saying "this is a top 6 squad".

On Hecky his job was to get us top 6, that failed.

On that basis alone he has to go.

Otherwise there was no point sacking TC.

Simple as that.

Cant justify sacking one manger who did far better comparatively and then not sackinf the other

All for stability but not for stability for the sake of it.

We need to stop hiring and firing but its got to be the right manager.

Hecky has something like 8 wins in 40 plus games.

Thats incredibly poor.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:23 pm Radz and Orta are at fault for the squad not being good enough.

Ironically the day before TC got sacked Angus was saying "this is a top 6 squad".
Heard the other night from our main man who attends meetings at ER that there is a divide between Kinnear & one other board member (forgotten his name) v Radz/Orta .

A meeting scheduled this week to discuss & iron out their disagreements