Summer Transfers and Squad Discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Summer Transfers and Squad Discussion

Post by Gandalf »

OK, so Yiadom is free because he is out of contract. He is right footed, and has predominantly played at right back, but he has appeared for Barnsley occasionally at left back. The theory seems to be that we are looking at him for the left back slot, as we have decent cover at right back. If that is the case then Orta is correct to overrule Heck, as we don't want a right footed player at left back. Hence the rumours of the big German from Union Berlin. It's probably all bollocks pushed by twatter.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Gandalf wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 10:01 am OK, so Yiadom is free because he is out of contract. He is right footed, and has predominantly played at right back, but he has appeared for Barnsley occasionally at left back. The theory seems to be that we are looking at him for the left back slot, as we have decent cover at right back. If that is the case then Orta is correct to overrule Heck, as we don't want a right footed player at left back. Hence the rumours of the big German from Union Berlin. It's probably all bollocks pushed by twatter.
This ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

The point about Yiadom is PH wants him and the powers that be say no. If they don’t trust his judgement he shouldn’t be in charge. Back him or sack him, questions are raised about Yiadom but we can waste money on Sacko, Klich, Cibiki, Lonergan, CBJ, Grot, De Bock and Anita and to some it seems Orta is doing a decent job.. Oh and don’t get me started on the joke of a Japanese player who we have signed.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Richard wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 12:38 pm The point about Yiadom is PH wants him and the powers that be say no. If they don’t trust his judgement he shouldn’t be in charge. Back him or sack him, questions are raised about Yiadom but we can waste money on Sacko, Klich, Cibiki, Lonergan, CBJ, Grot, De Bock and Anita and to some it seems Orta is doing a decent job.. Oh and don’t get me started on the joke of a Japanese player who we have signed.
The powers that be know best Richard, the past record is proven.....very impressive :roll:

So now they are undermining the coach whom they employed & have obviously decided to allow him to remain in the hot seat :o you couldn't write this stuff :?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Assuming it's true ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Hope the club say no to Yiadom, he's not good enough and would be a waste of money.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white

Post by 1964white »

What is the point of this signing when we already probably have four better full-backs in Ayling, Coyle, Berardi & Pearce
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:42 am What is the point of this signing when we already probably have four better full-backs in Ayling, Coyle, Berardi & Pearce
Because Hecky doesn't know anything beyond Barnsley. McBurnie isn't good enough either.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Abel Hernandez on a free. Good to see the club have been listening to me. ;-)

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... ssion=true
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

There’s about 10 clubs in for Hernandez - Newcastle / Spartac Moscow rumoured to be two so I wouldn’t see it happening
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Richard wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 12:38 pm don’t get me started on the joke of a Japanese player who we have signed.
You mean that 21 year old that none of us have ever seen play yet that’s in the provisional Japan World Cup squad
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

The worrying thing for me is, we're here debating the rights and wrongs of individual players who may or may not be worth a crap, but in reality we're back to the manager (or Head Coach). Heck may be an average manager (at best), able to cope with a limited budget and limited players, but he's never had the imagination or experience of anything better. Even if we did get some serious talent in, would he know how to encourage, meld and manage them? We don't know but I'm going to doubt it until I see proof.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think he's probably a good coach, the man at home in a tracksuit. Whether he can manage the team is another issue.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Norm wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 4:10 pm The worrying thing for me is, we're here debating the rights and wrongs of individual players who may or may not be worth a crap, but in reality we're back to the manager (or Head Coach). Heck may be an average manager (at best), able to cope with a limited budget and limited players, but he's never had the imagination or experience of anything better. Even if we did get some serious talent in, would he know how to encourage, meld and manage them? We don't know but I'm going to doubt it until I see proof.
Time will tell...in regard to football a word of wisdom.
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Richard »

Brader wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 4:00 pm You mean that 21 year old that none of us have ever seen play yet that’s in the provisional Japan World Cup squad
I mean the one that struggled to get selected for a Spanish second division team managing 5 appearances or 107 minutes in total, not even making the bench for the last three games and subsequently has been left out the last two Japanese Internationals and might not even make the plane to Russia, that one ;-)
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Richard wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:51 pm I mean the one that struggled to get selected for a Spanish second division team managing 5 appearances or 107 minutes in total, not even making the bench for the last three games and subsequently has been left out the last two Japanese Internationals and might not even make the plane to Russia, that one ;-)
I’m willing to wait before I make a judgement.
We played Ross Barkley 4 times before sending him back to Everton for not being good enough and having a bad attitude and he turned out ok.
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Richard »

Brader wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:11 am I’m willing to wait before I make a judgement.
We played Ross Barkley 4 times before sending him back to Everton for not being good enough and having a bad attitude and he turned out ok.
I see where you’re coming from but a young player not ready to break into a PL team compared to a player who can’t muster more than a handful of second rate Spanish league 2 substitute appearances doesn’t bode well.

Yes I’ll give him a chance, I said somewhere else if he ever gets to pull on a Leeds shirt I’ll be amazed, it’s just this type of signing doesn’t exactly inspire me.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Richard wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:29 am Yes I’ll give him a chance, I said somewhere else if he ever gets to pull on a Leeds shirt I’ll be amazed, it’s just this type of signing doesn’t exactly inspire me.
Nothing new there Richard

I can't recall a signing at the time that inspired me in a long time Richard, that's why we are still a mid-table championship club
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Good news folks

Screenshot 2018-05-17 at 10.04.14.png