Why we underachieved

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Why we underachieved

Post by fred »

Phil Hay @PhilHayYEP

3h

Liam Cooper speaking now: says the Millwall defeat in September hit the players hard and they haven't ever truly recovered from that. On Heckingbottom, described him as a "very good coach". #lufc

Footballers don`t always mean what they say...
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Why we underachieved

Post by 1964white »

Cooper talking crap again. Our squad are a soft bellied lot who will not learn from this season's misdemeanours, we are not strong enough physically or mentally and lack quality. Captain Chaos has the worst disciplinary record because he gets caught out of position & he is sluggish hence his timing is all wrong when making a challenge.

Point is he is just as soft. Just talking to impress & convince his manager that he is the right man to start with next season. God help us if he is named captain again & we start with much of the shower masquerading as footballers for the 2018/19 season
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I like Cooper, popular in the dressing room etc, but he isn't good enough. Might be something in what he says, though; we were flying until Milwall, then the bubble burst. But too simplistic to single out that as the root cause.

P.S god help us if we're stuck with the incumbent coach next season, never mind the players
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 12:40 pm I like Cooper, popular in the dressing room etc, but he isn't good enough. Might be something in what he says, though; we were flying until Milwall, then the bubble burst. But too simplistic to single out that as the root cause.

P.S god help us if we're stuck with the incumbent coach next season, never mind the players
Could be a worrying season

We wasn't saying this at the end of last season Nick, we both had hope if we could have held onto what we had & made three or four decent additions. All went pear-shape once we lost the spine of the team & on hindsight our then manager !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 12:40 pm I like Cooper, popular in the dressing room etc, but he isn't good enough. Might be something in what he says, though; we were flying until Milwall, then the bubble burst. But too simplistic to single out that as the root cause.

Could be a worrying season

We wasn't saying this at the end of last season Nick, we both had hope if we could have held onto what we had & made three or four decent additions. All went pear-shape once we lost the spine of the team & with hindsight our then manager !
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Cooper cleared it up on twitter, meant that after that games teams played differently against us, which caused them problems, still worrying.
We underachieved due to failure of our leadership in the squad and management. Too many weak minded players, possibly too many who couldn’t take a bollocking when needed too
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
johnny wadd
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @jnicholson53

Post by johnny wadd »

just show how weak and gutless cooper and the rest are,
millwall away in september when it all went wrong ?
wolves lost 4-1 to aston villa, did their season fall apart ?
no they put it behind them and got on with it
no wonder we will finish 14th
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

dezzy wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 2:55 pm Cooper cleared it up on twitter, meant that after that games teams played differently against us, which caused them problems, still worrying.
We underachieved due to failure of our leadership in the squad and management. Too many weak minded players, possibly too many who couldn’t take a bollocking when needed too
If the teams played differently against us after Millwall then WHY didn`t TC change his tactics accordingly? Because this was realized in hindsight...now?
And/or because the squad has players who can only play how they did before Millwall?
Very disturbing...create winning-mentality? I`ve heard that BS about 100 times in the last
few years (probably 80 times by Cooper himself.)
Time to prepare for the worst...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

fred wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:52 pm If the teams played differently against us after Millwall then WHY didn`t TC change his tactics accordingly? Because this was realized in hindsight...now?
And/or because the squad has players who can only play how they did before Millwall?
Very disturbing. :poo:
The squad lacked physical players.

Not down to TC or Heckingbottom for that matter.

Can only play the way the players are able.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

1964white wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 2:10 pm Could be a worrying season

We wasn't saying this at the end of last season Nick, we both had hope if we could have held onto what we had & made three or four decent additions. All went pear-shape once we lost the spine of the team & with hindsight our then manager !
We did, mate, and I still think we were right. Not sure about Monk, he didn't fare any better at Boro or Brum, but losing those players hurt us big time. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but getting rid of Bridcutt looks a bad move too. Came back from injury too soon and didn't match his previous levels, but he was a battler and, along with Bartley, a leader.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

lufc1304 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 6:29 pm We did, mate, and I still think we were right. Not sure about Monk, he didn't fare any better at Boro or Brum, but losing those players hurt us big time. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but getting rid of Bridcutt looks a bad move too. Came back from injury too soon and didn't match his previous levels, but he was a battler and, along with Bartley, a leader.
At Forest Bridcutt doesn`t seem to be first choice...agree, though, thought selling him was a bad move.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

fred wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:52 pm If the teams played differently against us after Millwall then WHY didn`t TC change his tactics accordingly? Because this was realized in hindsight...now?
Very disturbing...create winning-mentality? I`ve heard that BS about 100 times in the last
few years (probably 80 times by Cooper himself.)
Time to prepare for the worst...
It’s a load of bull is what it is. They are coached as to what to say, embarrassing, we need to develop a winning mentality? Is that not what your meant to do? Your soul focus as the leader of a group!
LUFC 1966
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by LUFC 1966 »

the team is too small --- only Jansson , cooper and Lasogga are over 6 foot. some Fans call for hoof ball but there is noone to win it if we do. no point in having wingers if they have no targets to hit.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

dezzy wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:45 pm It’s a load of bull is what it is. They are coached as to what to say, embarrassing, we need to develop a winning mentality? Is that not what your meant to do? Your soul focus as the leader of a group!
We weren't winning before PH turned up :shock:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

LUFC 1966 wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 9:49 am the team is too small --- only Jansson , cooper and Lasogga are over 6 foot. some Fans call for hoof ball but there is noone to win it if we do. no point in having wingers if they have no targets to hit.
Spot on 66 again, I have been saying all season we are team full of midgets with no strength, battling qualities or pace. Is it any wonder we are poor ?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Klich is 6'...just saying.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

And ayling, Pennington, o'shaughnessy, sacko...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Majority of our six-footers mentioned have hardly played a game in 2018
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

1964white wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 3:10 pm Majority of our six-footers mentioned have hardly played a game in 2018
Maybe we should scout amongst the `words strongest men` and/or `the tallest human beings`.
Enough hight and physical presence...a crash course in what football is about and we should be well
prepared for next season.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 12:39 pm We weren't winning before PH turned up :shock:
No but at least we weren’t in relegation form for months, disappointing season all round