Play-Offs 2017/18

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
User avatar
whiteswan
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3660
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Play-Offs 2017/18

Post by whiteswan » Mon May 14, 2018 7:35 pm

Just watching Fulham v Derby and Scott Carson is having one of those games where he can do no wrong! Great goalkeeping and another one that got away from us!
(The ref looks like a younger and slimmer version of Ross McCormack)

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 63828
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Play-Offs 2017/18

Post by 1964white » Mon May 14, 2018 8:16 pm

Fulham 2-0 up

R Sessegnon (47' mins), Odoi (66' mins)

Come on Fulham, lets have you boys out of the way

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 63828
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Play-Offs 2017/18

Post by 1964white » Mon May 14, 2018 8:33 pm

Fulham passing & retaining the ball, Derby not getting a touch

Are you watching Leeds, would help if our lot could string more than three passes together

User avatar
whiteswan
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3660
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Play-Offs 2017/18

Post by whiteswan » Mon May 14, 2018 8:48 pm

Great result, now go and win the flippin' thing at Wembley. Thought the referee was awful!

User avatar
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7358
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am

Re: Play-Offs 2017/18

Post by Gandalf » Mon May 14, 2018 9:05 pm

Johansen at it again with a deliberate kick on Jerome as he was bursting through. Exact replica of his challenge on Lasogga. Yellow card both times - lucky boy ! Other than that, Swan, I thought the referee was excellent.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 63828
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Play-Offs 2017/18

Post by 1964white » Mon May 14, 2018 9:07 pm

whiteswan wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:48 pm
Great result, now go and win the flippin' thing at Wembley. Thought the referee was awful!
In what way Swannie ?

I only saw the last 20 minutes

User avatar
whiteswan
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3660
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Play-Offs 2017/18

Post by whiteswan » Tue May 15, 2018 1:47 pm

I just thought he missed a few really obvious fouls. One in particular in the first half when a Derby player dragged a Fulham player to the ground by his neck, and then one in the second half, against Fulham again, which seemed obvious to me. He did get the appalling dive by the Fulham player correct though...and as you say Gandalf, the Johansen foul...
I've actually recorded ref watch to see if any of those fouls come up

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 63828
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Play-Offs 2017/18

Post by 1964white » Tue May 15, 2018 9:46 pm

Goalless draw between Villa v Middlesbro' at Villa Park tonight

Villa v Fulham in the play-off final

SG90
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 442
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Play-Offs 2017/18

Post by SG90 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:53 pm

Hope Villa win. Can't stand Fulham, arrogant fans, clappers and Cairney!

User avatar
Gurj
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3008
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
Location: Birmingham

Re: Play-Offs 2017/18

Post by Gurj » Wed May 16, 2018 7:57 am

God only knows how Boro finished as high as 5th on the evidence of these two legs, they were absolutely pathetic., barely laying a glove on Villa over the 180 mins.
Dare i say it, typical Pulis side, boring as hell, no wonder the baggies fans wanted him out so badly, even to the point of being relegated.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 63828
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Play-Offs 2017/18

Post by 1964white » Wed May 16, 2018 9:36 am

Gurj wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:57 am
God only knows how Boro finished as high as 5th on the evidence of these two legs, they were absolutely pathetic., barely laying a glove on Villa over the 180 mins.
Dare i say it, typical Pulis side, boring as hell, no wonder the baggies fans wanted him out so badly, even to the point of being relegated.
Agree they are boring Gurj but Pulis probably has what it takes to get them up next season. We're a million miles away unless a certain owner pulls his finger out !

Can't say watching Leeds has been pleasurable !

User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 63828
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Play-Offs 2017/18

Post by 1964white » Wed May 16, 2018 9:41 am

SG90 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:53 pm
Hope Villa win. Can't stand Fulham, arrogant fans, clappers and Cairney!
And Villa have Steve Bruce

Fulham is a lovely club, I wish we had the same desire

I would take Cairney any day, oh another player we let out of our grasp after naturing him for nearly ten years :(

You'll be telling me Vieira & Phillips are better than Cairney next, truth is they aren't !

User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13078
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Play-Offs 2017/18

Post by HarryofOz » Wed May 16, 2018 9:44 am

Gurj wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:57 am
God only knows how Boro finished as high as 5th on the evidence of these two legs, they were absolutely pathetic., barely laying a glove on Villa over the 180 mins.
Dare i say it, typical Pulis side, boring as hell, no wonder the baggies fans wanted him out so badly, even to the point of being relegated.
Admittedly my evidence is only taken from watching the Leeds games that were on telly here, plus a handful of other games, but I found the standard of football in the Championship pretty low - Wolves and Cardiff apart. You'd watch games and players would struggle to control the ball or and teams would struggle to string passes together. Now obviously anyone playing football professionally has to have some ability - otherwise I would have done it :twisted: - but the heights are not reached very often.
We're going up like there is no gravity!

SG90
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 442
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Play-Offs 2017/18

Post by SG90 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:14 am

Gurj wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:57 am
God only knows how Boro finished as high as 5th on the evidence of these two legs, they were absolutely pathetic., barely laying a glove on Villa over the 180 mins.
Dare i say it, typical Pulis side, boring as hell, no wonder the baggies fans wanted him out so badly, even to the point of being relegated.
Because the Championship is a truly dreadful league, as is the bottom 14 of the PL. But the Hecky defenders keep deluding themselves that we're nowhere near the standard of the top 6.

SG90
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 442
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Play-Offs 2017/18

Post by SG90 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:16 am

1964white wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:41 am
And Villa have Steve Bruce

Fulham is a lovely club, I wish we had the same desire

I would take Cairney any day, oh another player we let out of our grasp after naturing him for nearly ten years :(

You'll be telling me Vieira & Phillips are better than Cairney next, truth is they aren't !
Will I? Not sure how you can compare them since they're completely different players. Cairney is a playmaker, Vieira is a DM and Phillips is an energetic box to box type.

Rather Villa, they are a proper club and clappers in the PL are embarrassing to English football.

fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 771
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:02 pm
Location: Herisau

Re: Play-Offs 2017/18

Post by fred » Wed May 16, 2018 11:42 am

Gurj wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:57 am
God only knows how Boro finished as high as 5th on the evidence of these two legs, they were absolutely pathetic., barely laying a glove on Villa over the 180 mins.
Dare i say it, typical Pulis side, boring as hell, no wonder the baggies fans wanted him out so badly, even to the point of being relegated.
Maybe it`s more to do with Villa being rock solid at the back and having a few outstanding players.
Middlesbrough may be boring, but we signed Forshaw from them...anyone believe he`s the crative midfielder
we need must be dreaming. (As he couldn`t even make it into a boring average team. And from what I`ve seen he`s not
the quality we need.)
Villa are solid, Middlesbrough boring, we are rubbish...as things stand.

Post Reply