The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 11 May)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Togehter way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Ellandback1
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 11 May)

Post by Ellandback1 » Fri May 11, 2018 7:08 am

Good Morning Everyone

So Radrizzani has sold off 10% of Leeds Utd to persons unknown!
Does this mean 9m, plus what remains of the Wood money going into the transfer kitty or is the money reserved for something else?

Why didn't our Chairman just dip his hands in his own pocket, they're deep enough?

Let's not forget, we have a sell on clause on Danny Rose that should net us 5m - suddenly things don't look that bad!!!

Thoughts?

Posh frontman Jack Marriott has been placed on the transfer list. The 23 yo has baged 27 goals and 4 assists last season, so not surpringly a host of Championship and Scottish Premier club are being linked with him. Is Marriott the answer -

is he worth 5 - 6m?

Leeds journo let it slip that Leeds first priority this Summer is to capture Kyle Bartle, more so then his team mate McBurnie.

Neil Summers@neilyboy1919
@PhilHayYEP I guess we're unlikely to get Bartley now but how does Swansea being relegated impact on a possible deal for McBurnie?

Phil Hay@PhilHayYEP
not so sure on that one but he isn't as big a target for Leeds as Bartley in any case.

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 11 May)

Post by 1964white » Fri May 11, 2018 7:54 am

Ellandback1 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 7:08 am
Good Morning Everyone

So Radrizzani has sold off 10% of Leeds Utd to persons unknown!
Does this mean 9m, plus what remains of the Wood money going into the transfer kitty or is the money reserved for something else?
Why didn't our Chairman just dip his hands in his own pocket, they're deep enough?
Good morning Matt

Because as I've always suspected he is a businessman & not Leeds United or even a football man

Still unconvinced about Radz motives, nothing new he has done in the last month has changed my opinion after a disastrous year since his arrival at ER
Ellandback1 wrote:
Posh frontman Jack Marriott has been placed on the transfer list. The 23 yo has baged 27 goals and 4 assists last season, so not surpringly a host of Championship and Scottish Premier club are being linked with him. Is Marriott the answer - is he worth 5 - 6m?
Scored some fine goals for the Posh, only seen clips of the lad. Haven't seen him play so is always difficult to judge ! Jack may well be the answer, the key is can he do the business at a higher level ?
Ellandback1 wrote:
Leeds journo let it slip that Leeds first priority this Summer is to capture Kyle Bartle, more so then his team mate McBurnie.
Neil Summers@neilyboy1919
@PhilHayYEP I guess we're unlikely to get Bartley now but how does Swansea being relegated impact on a possible deal for McBurnie?
Phil Hay@PhilHayYEP
not so sure on that one but he isn't as big a target for Leeds as Bartley in any case.
I know I've only seen McBurnie play one game when the tykes came to ER, personally I wasn't that impressed with him !

Ellandback1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Ellandback1 » Fri May 11, 2018 8:04 am

Morning Leon, Rad bought the club for 44m, get he is selling 10% of the club for an estimated 11m.

How has the value of Leeds Utd doubled since Rad bought us.

Is ER a separate entity?

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white » Fri May 11, 2018 8:07 am

Ellandback1 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 8:04 am
Morning Leon, Rad bought the club for 44m, get he is selling 10% of the club for an estimated 11m.

How has the value of Leeds Utd doubled since Rad bought us.

Is ER a separate entity?
I honestly don't know Matt

lufc1304
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 » Fri May 11, 2018 8:14 am

Radz is a businessman, first and foremost, as are the majority of owners these days. They're in it to make money, not for the love of a club or the game (there's a few exceptions). Personally have no issue where the money comes from as long as it's ploughed into the club in the right way, with strengthening the first team under a better manager/coach my top priority (not that what i want matter a jot to AR!).

No nothing about Marriott, but I know Cjay has been banging on about him all season. Very good record in L1, but can he replicate that a division higher? Price tag isn't a surprise, and is the reason why a lot of clubs shop overseas as there is a perception, rightly or wrongly, that you get better value there. Chairmen of British clubs tend to over inflate the price of their 'stars'. If we could pick him up for, say, £3m, then he would probably be worth a punt.

I'd take a fit Bartley over McBurnie any day, but there has to be questions about Kyle after suffering two bad knee injuries this season.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson

Ellandback1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Ellandback1 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:04 am

lufc1304 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 8:14 am
Radz is a businessman, first and foremost, as are the majority of owners these days. They're in it to make money, not for the love of a club or the game (there's a few exceptions). Personally have no issue where the money comes from as long as it's ploughed into the club in the right way, with strengthening the first team under a better manager/coach my top priority (not that what i want matter a jot to AR!).

No nothing about Marriott, but I know Cjay has been banging on about him all season. Very good record in L1, but can he replicate that a division higher? Price tag isn't a surprise, and is the reason why a lot of clubs shop overseas as there is a perception, rightly or wrongly, that you get better value there. Chairmen of British clubs tend to over inflate the price of their 'stars'. If we could pick him up for, say, £3m, then he would probably be worth a punt.

I'd take a fit Bartley over McBurnie any day, but there has to be questions about Kyle after suffering two bad knee injuries this season.
Morning 1304, I too have absolutely no problem with the club being ran as a business but I object to Rad trying to do things on the cheap.

HE / Orta have done wonders with the youngsters, and I'm really excited to see them progress.

We need experience in the Championship though, and for experience, they need to spend decent money.

lufc1304
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 » Fri May 11, 2018 11:42 am

Ellandback1 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 9:04 am
Morning 1304, I too have absolutely no problem with the club being ran as a business but I object to Rad trying to do things on the cheap.

HE / Orta have done wonders with the youngsters, and I'm really excited to see them progress.

We need experience in the Championship though, and for experience, they need to spend decent money.
Morning Ell! I'm going to give Radz the benefit of the doubt and say he vastly underestimated what it takes to run a club like Leeds and, more importantly, to be competitive in this league. I'm hoping he's learnt lessons and will recognise that experience and quality costs money. Bagging a load of young players for peanuts is all well and good, and I agree there is much there to be excited about, but the first team is any club's bread and butter and that's where improvements must be made.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson

Ellandback1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Ellandback1 » Fri May 11, 2018 12:12 pm

Cjay
Manager
Manager

Post by Cjay » Fri May 11, 2018 11:33 pm

Long thought Radz wasnt the main man, always expected/hoped for bigger fish.

Hopefully this is the first step, if not its a bit worrying if he is having to call for financial help already.

Dont think Jack Marriott is transfer listed, if he is i apologise must have missed that.

Peterborough have a history of finding quality strikers, Brit Assombalonga, Dwight Gayle, Craig Mackail-Smith etc. They rate Marriott above all of them allegedly.

He is worth the risk imo, watched him a few times he is a talented lad, a poacher, has a touch of the Jamie Vardy about him.

Incidentally, i think its time we took a risk on a lower league striker.
Billy Sharp, we hardly played him, he has shown decent at this level.
Jamie Vardy himself, we wouldn't take the risk, interested reportedly, wouldn't risk it, look at him now.
Charlie Austin- similar to Vardy, wouldn't risk it, went for the cheaper option, we knlw how that went.
Nakhi Wells when at Bradford, same story.

I know its a risk but over the years we havent taken it, other clubs have and benifited.

Jack is worth the risk imo, even if he can only strike 15 times his value will double or treble.

Agree with Leon, McBurnie doesnt impress me that much, if he is that good Swansea will keep him anyways or demand large sums.

Bartley is a risk to, we should sign some match fit players for a change.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Sat May 12, 2018 6:16 pm

McBurnie would be fine as the second of the CF's we need (see sig), as it stands it appears our top guy is Edmondson, he looks further along than Grot or Ekuban and Lassoga needs to go home.
"The Autumn Wind is a Raider,
Pillaging just for fun.
He'll knock you 'round and upside down,
And laugh when he's conquered and won."

THE EVIL EMPIRE