Jerry Mbakogu

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Togehter way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Richard
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Re: Jerry Mbakogu

Post by Richard » Wed May 16, 2018 7:54 pm

In regards to Antonsson Blackburn had an option to buy clause, they get promoted yet don’t bother activating the clause, instead they send him back to us, that has to be a concern regarding his ability.

fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred » Fri May 18, 2018 12:48 am

Richard wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:54 pm
In regards to Antonsson Blackburn had an option to buy clause, they get promoted yet don’t bother activating the clause, instead they send him back to us, that has to be a concern regarding his ability.
For me it was obvious after watching the available Youtube links before he was bought that he would be useless. Not saying that such short vids are enough to evaluate a player, but in Antonnsons case it was just soo f**king obvious (average physical strengh, average speed, average skills)...hope some Club comes in for him.
Comparing the short videos of Mbakogu and Antonnson, Mbakogu looks the better player.

Richard
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard » Fri May 18, 2018 5:53 am

fred wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 12:48 am
For me it was obvious after watching the available Youtube links before he was bought that he would be useless. Not saying that such short vids are enough to evaluate a player, but in Antonnsons case it was just soo f**king obvious (average physical strengh, average speed, average skills)...hope some Club comes in for him.
Comparing the short videos of Mbakogu and Antonnson, Mbakogu looks the better player.
I just can’t see us pulling off a deal for the Hernandez guy from Hull, he is one hell of a good player and if fit would score us oodles of goals, a deal with Villa broke down last year as he wanted £50-£75k a week depending on which report you believe.

Sadly, I think the majority of incomings are going to be along the lines of Mbakogu, us fans turning to Wiki and YouTube as we’ve never heard of them, I hope I’m wrong otherwise Rads words of wisdom when he stated “lessons learned” can be taken with a pinch of salt.

fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred » Fri May 18, 2018 6:47 pm

Richard wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 5:53 am
I just can’t see us pulling off a deal for the Hernandez guy from Hull, he is one hell of a good player and if fit would score us oodles of goals, a deal with Villa broke down last year as he wanted £50-£75k a week depending on which report you believe.

Sadly, I think the majority of incomings are going to be along the lines of Mbakogu, us fans turning to Wiki and YouTube as we’ve never heard of them, I hope I’m wrong otherwise Rads words of wisdom when he stated “lessons learned” can be taken with a pinch of salt.
Agree in regard to Henandez of Hull. Will ask for (too) high wages. Think he rejected ZSKA Moskau just recently.

Time will tell...can`t see us paying high fees... 4 million seems to be the limit. And you aren`t going to get PROVEN (above aberage) quality for that money.