Jerry Mbakogu

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Re: Jerry Mbakogu

Post by Richard »

In regards to Antonsson Blackburn had an option to buy clause, they get promoted yet don’t bother activating the clause, instead they send him back to us, that has to be a concern regarding his ability.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Richard wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:54 pm In regards to Antonsson Blackburn had an option to buy clause, they get promoted yet don’t bother activating the clause, instead they send him back to us, that has to be a concern regarding his ability.
For me it was obvious after watching the available Youtube links before he was bought that he would be useless. Not saying that such short vids are enough to evaluate a player, but in Antonnsons case it was just soo f**king obvious (average physical strengh, average speed, average skills)...hope some Club comes in for him.
Comparing the short videos of Mbakogu and Antonnson, Mbakogu looks the better player.
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Richard »

fred wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:48 am For me it was obvious after watching the available Youtube links before he was bought that he would be useless. Not saying that such short vids are enough to evaluate a player, but in Antonnsons case it was just soo f**king obvious (average physical strengh, average speed, average skills)...hope some Club comes in for him.
Comparing the short videos of Mbakogu and Antonnson, Mbakogu looks the better player.
I just can’t see us pulling off a deal for the Hernandez guy from Hull, he is one hell of a good player and if fit would score us oodles of goals, a deal with Villa broke down last year as he wanted £50-£75k a week depending on which report you believe.

Sadly, I think the majority of incomings are going to be along the lines of Mbakogu, us fans turning to Wiki and YouTube as we’ve never heard of them, I hope I’m wrong otherwise Rads words of wisdom when he stated “lessons learned” can be taken with a pinch of salt.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Richard wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:53 am I just can’t see us pulling off a deal for the Hernandez guy from Hull, he is one hell of a good player and if fit would score us oodles of goals, a deal with Villa broke down last year as he wanted £50-£75k a week depending on which report you believe.

Sadly, I think the majority of incomings are going to be along the lines of Mbakogu, us fans turning to Wiki and YouTube as we’ve never heard of them, I hope I’m wrong otherwise Rads words of wisdom when he stated “lessons learned” can be taken with a pinch of salt.
Agree in regard to Henandez of Hull. Will ask for (too) high wages. Think he rejected ZSKA Moskau just recently.

Time will tell...can`t see us paying high fees... 4 million seems to be the limit. And you aren`t going to get PROVEN (above aberage) quality for that money.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

But Phil Hay of Yorkshire Post believes there are signs that Leeds are ‘beginning to stall’ on the deal, and have begun to prioritise the pursuit of other targets. This might be due to the criticism that Radrizzani and Orta have already copped from fans over the 25 year-old, as many think he would just be another of the type of sub-standard signings who have come to Elland Road in the last twelve months.
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Richard »

faaip wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:02 pm We need a number 2 if we're going to play 451, neither Roberts or Roofe are lone strikers
Probably right but we need to give Roberts a chance to show what he can do.