Get Allardyce!!!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Get Allardyce!!!

Post by 1964white »

Ratscoot wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:10 am imagine what he could do at Leeds with a few quid to spend and our massive fan base behind him .... but it’ll never happen
Some many of our fans including myself have these negative thoughts Rat. All our owners have caused the problem over the last fifteen years where we struggle to be positive about our beloved club, it just feels like they have cut through our hearts with a sword as they continually feed their own greed with their wealth.

I know many fans from other clubs who can't believe that some affluent owner hasn't come along & grabbed the bull by it's horns at ER taking us to the promise land as they realise we are a potentially a massive club & could quite easily challenge the likes of Manchester's/Liverpool/Spurs/Chelsea/Arsenal with top/shrewd management & proper investment
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Ratscoot wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:10 am IMO it would be a good appointment far better than By Heck but will we get him I doubt it.

Big Sam I feel wants to be loved by the fans, look what he achieved with Bolton when they loved him and look at some of the ball playing quality players he brought in on the cheap Jay Jay Okocha to name one, imagine what he could do at Leeds with a few quid to spend and our massive fan base behind him .... but it’ll never happen
Rather hilarious comment in my ears (no bad intentions!)...do Leeds fans have enough ability to love though? ("We`ll love you whatever and forever...marching on together!" ...`true` only in regard to the Club I would have thought.)
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Not a big fan myself. Yes, we probably couldnt afford him anyway.
Main reason is we have far to big a squad. I dont remember the great teams of the past who played more games with less physio work
having 20 or so more squad players to fall back on.
Trim the first team down to 22 and if there are injuries, then that is what the U23's are for. That's why hardly any of those boys got a kick because squad number 48 got in there first!!!
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

fred wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 12:53 pm Rather hilarious comment in my ears (no bad intentions!)...do Leeds fans have enough ability to love though? ("We`ll love you whatever and forever...marching on together!" ...`true` only in regard to the Club I would have thought.)
None taken Fred, your probably right love is probably a strong word in regards a manager so Support is probably better :tup:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
AndyG
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by AndyG »

It doesn't take massive money to get out of this league as other teams have proven. I mention Cardiff again. Colin had nothing much to spend. It just takes the right manager to make the right acquisitions and build a team spirit. Why is that such a hard thing to do at our club?
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

AndyG wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 3:37 pm It doesn't take massive money to get out of this league as other teams have proven. I mention Cardiff again. Colin had nothing much to spend. It just takes the right manager to make the right acquisitions and build a team spirit. Why is that such a hard thing to do at our club?
How do you make the right acquisitions with little money? As if those bargains grow on trees for all visable (well, more realistic: only for us) and only needed to be plucked.

But it does seem that Cardiff and other clubs have had success without investing very much money.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I've not followed Cardiff I'm afraid , did they re set start of the season too?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
AndyG
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by AndyG »

faaip wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 5:15 pm I've not followed Cardiff I'm afraid , did they re set start of the season too?
Re set start of the season? Sorry, not following that.
AndyG
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by AndyG »

fred wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 3:46 pm How do you make the right acquisitions with little money? As if those bargains grow on trees for all visable (well, more realistic: only for us) and only needed to be plucked.

But it does seem that Cardiff and other clubs have had success without investing very much money.
What is it, 15 seasons we've been out of the Prem now? A mate said to me, "well it's hard to get out of the Championship". Yes it's hard, but three teams do it every fecking season and we don't even get CLOSE.

So in the 15 years we've been out, FORTY FIVE teams have managed it. Some have done it more than once in that time.

Next season is already a write off, so that's another one gone. I'm 56 and starting to wonder if we'll go up again in my time. Bearing in mind I'll probably be dead in five years with all the stress they put me through.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We reset at the start of the season. new owner, new manager/s, new players to be integrated, lost our 30 goal striker, a solid defender and captain and our left back. I was responding to Fred in that he said Cardiff did well on limited resources but how does he know we won't?

I think Warnock has been there since early Oct 16 so has had basically two years to work with the team. What I'm not clear on (not being a Cardiff fan) is how much upheaval did they go through pre 17/18 season
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
AndyG
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by AndyG »

faaip wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 5:36 pm We reset at the start of the season. new owner, new manager/s, new players to be integrated, lost our 30 goal striker, a solid defender and captain and our left back. I was responding to Fred in that he said Cardiff did well on limited resources but how does he know we won't?

I think Warnock has been there since early Oct 16 so has had basically two years to work with the team. What I'm not clear on (not being a Cardiff fan) is how much upheaval did they go through pre 17/18 season
You may have the key to it there. When was the last time we weren't "re setting"?

That's why next season is already over. Newish manager, piss poor in my opinion. New players coming in. He'll get ten games before the board realise they've made another mistake, sack him and we're back to square one......new manager, new players etc, etc.

I can feel my blood pressure soaring as l type lol.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Don't think much of either manager tbh but Heck trumps TC for me
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

faaip wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 5:36 pm We reset at the start of the season. new owner, new manager/s, new players to be integrated, lost our 30 goal striker, a solid defender and captain and our left back. I was responding to Fred in that he said Cardiff did well on limited resources but how does he know we won't?

Faaip, living in Cardiff for 25+yrs and obviously knowing a lot of Bluebird fans, I know when Warnock came in they were 3rd bottom and there was still a huge gulf/disconnect between the club ownership and a significant proportion of the club's supporters. The wounds 'Red' not 'Blue' kit alienated many (how can you be called the Bluebirds and play in red ?!?!?! - the reasoning behind the change was that in Malaysia, where the owner is from, red is a lucky colour - so there we are a change of strip colour is a sure fire, nailed on way to gain promotion) was still very fresh. So to be fair I think Neil had alot on his plate and it was no easy ride..........I think he's done a fantastic job...........very much over-achieveing from what he has at his disposal on paper.
As others have mentioned on othe rdiscussion threads..................Bamba, made the Championship team of the season, and quite rightly according to friends I know who go to watch the 'diff
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

AndyG wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 5:32 pm What is it, 15 seasons we've been out of the Prem now? A mate said to me, "well it's hard to get out of the Championship". Yes it's hard, but three teams do it every fecking season and we don't even get CLOSE.

So in the 15 years we've been out, FORTY FIVE teams have managed it. Some have done it more than once in that time.

Next season is already a write off, so that's another one gone. I'm 56 and starting to wonder if we'll go up again in my time. Bearing in mind I'll probably be dead in five years with all the stress they put me through.
lol...yeah, know where you`re coming from. (I`m around your age.) You`ll probably
die from a heart-attack 10 minutes from the final whistle of the game securing us promotion. :poo:
It is strange (as pointed out by others) that no sugar daddy (part of what`s wrong
with football these days...in my eyes) has found the way to us.