The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 18 May)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 18 May)

Post by 1964white »

Great charitable work from Andy, his family & fiends :tup:
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 10:13 am Great charitable work from Andy, his family & fiends :tup:
Mental illness is so misunderstood, and underestimated.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

lufc1304 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 1:00 pm Should have bought him last summer, Ell
Some of Stockdale's howlers last season, made Wiedwald look like Buffon. Plus he is carrying too much weight, and a 40k per week wage slip.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Gandalf wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 11:21 am Some of Stockdale's howlers last season, made Wiedwald look like Buffon. Plus he is carrying too much weight, and a 40k per week wage slip.
To be honest, Gandi, I've not seen him play this past season. That doesn't sound like the Stockdale from a few seasons back who looked a really solid keeper
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 11:21 am Some of Stockdale's howlers last season, made Wiedwald look like Buffon. Plus he is carrying too much weight, and a 40k per week wage slip.
Unconvinced Stockdale would be any good for us tbh
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

No idea why we need a new keeper tbh, BPF has shown first team ability and we own Weidwald who's coachable I'd imagine, some decent traits there. Spend the money where it matter - a good and fit CB plus a 451 striker, the rest we got
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 12:49 pm No idea why we need a new keeper tbh, BPF has shown first team ability and we own Weidwald who's coachable I'd imagine, some decent traits there. Spend the money where it matter - a good and fit CB plus a 451 striker, the rest we got
Can't see a keeper being a priority now with BPF shinning & Felix as back-up as you say Faaip
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

faaip wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 12:49 pm No idea why we need a new keeper tbh, BPF has shown first team ability and we own Weidwald who's coachable I'd imagine, some decent traits there. Spend the money where it matter - a good and fit CB plus a 451 striker, the rest we got
I'd be surprised if BPF started as first choice next season (done okay, nothing special) and if Wiedwald is still here next season tbh (not a young player and had a shocker of a season).
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

You can see BPF has a lot of potential, why screw with that? Any Keeper you could sign could come in be crap, draw the fans ire and then is done here...Apparently the one we're linked with was rank last season.

Too much assuming that if we get a name in he's an instant upgrade, don't forget BPF had to play with a rebuilt defence and constant changing of personal in front of him. He was good, he'll get better with experience, he'll get better with a settled defence in front of him. Really not seeing a downside here
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

faaip wrote:

Too much assuming that if we get a name in he's an instant upgrade, don't forget BPF had to play with a rebuilt defence and constant changing of personnel in front of him. He was good, he'll get better with experience, he'll get better with a settled defence in front of him. Really not seeing a downside here
This is inevitably true - rancour to follow. If he's good enough he'll improve with experience and a settled defence.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:15 pm You can see BPF has a lot of potential, why screw with that? Any Keeper you could sign could come in be crap, draw the fans ire and then is done here...Apparently the one we're linked with was rank last season.

Too much assuming that if we get a name in he's an instant upgrade, don't forget BPF had to play with a rebuilt defence and constant changing of personal in front of him. He was good, he'll get better with experience, he'll get better with a settled defence in front of him. Really not seeing a downside here
Imagine Felix playing behind that remake defence :chair:
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

faaip wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:15 pm You can see BPF has a lot of potential, why screw with that? Any Keeper you could sign could come in be crap, draw the fans ire and then is done here...Apparently the one we're linked with was rank last season.

I'd rather have a keeper ready now rather than one with potential. Send him out on loan to polish that potential.

There's equally no guarantee that hell perform to the same level as he did at the end of this season. So the downside is we drop points because he's not good enough/ready enough. I recall York didn't seem to think he was good enough a while back.

Just my opinion anyway. I don't think we can base our team on him being the first choice keeper on the back of a handful of decent performances with no pressure on him
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Just saying new goalkeeper well down the list of needs, and I'm very happy if we start the season with BPF in goal. If we end up with a shiny new keeper that doesn't work and no new proven ECL striker then that would be a bad off season.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

faaip wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 6:46 pm Just saying new goalkeeper well down the list of needs, and I'm very happy if we start the season with BPF in goal. If we end up with a shiny new keeper that doesn't work and no new proven ECL striker then that would be a bad off season.
fair enough - i definitely agree with you, though, that cb and cf are priorities