O/T Royal Wedding

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: O/T Royal Wedding

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 3:09 pm Only if I think I can get away with it......
Well you can't :x......most of the time :lol:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:10 pm Well you can't :x......most of the time :lol:
You've whacked him a few times Swannie :) a cricket bat comes to mind, you obviously didn't whack him hard enough lass :lol:
AndyG
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by AndyG »

whiteswan wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 2:59 pm Hi Andy, I honestly think that the reason people come to 'gaze' at these places is because The Royal Family reside there....I doubt there would be as much interest from around the world if they were just 'buildings'.
Then why does Paris get 15.5 million visitors a year?
AndyG
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by AndyG »

Gandalf wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 1:48 pm They are open to the public, and bring in a tremendous amount of tourist money. I know, as I have toured Buck House and Windsor Castle. They may not be open when royalty is in residence, and you can't see the beds they slept in the night before, but the treasures contained can be seen if you stump up the money for the ticket. The gardens and parkland at Windsor, Sandringham and Balmoral are something special, as well.
Buck House is only open to a limited extent and only for a few months of the year.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:01 pm You've whacked him a few times Swannie :) a cricket bat comes to mind, you obviously didn't whack him hard enough lass :lol:
Bigger Cricket bat is required 64 :)
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

1964white wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 3:25 pm One of the two footman (or both) in red tunics on the carriages are armed security I'm led to believe
Maybe...but if someone threw a hand granade into the carriage?
barryanorak
Manager
Manager

Post by barryanorak »

Norm wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 5:21 pm Funny thing but Harry hasn't got the Hewitt forehead - he has the Mountbatten forehead and narrow-spaced eyes. It's only the ginger hair but not the same hue, but people will think what they think.

I like Her Maj - I think she's done a fantastic job of representing us over the years. I'd far rather have our (immediate) Royal Family than the likes of 'non-King' Trump representing us, because that's the alternative. She's unelected, with no political power, only her gracious presence. What the future holds with Charles or William no one can tell, but they have to have learned from the example set by Her Maj.

If the Royal Family were to be disbanded forthwith, the poor in our society would probably not benefit by one penny piece because the political mob would take over their assets in ways we can't imagine. Any promises to share their wealth amongst the populace would get broken like they all are, so for me, I hope they stay like they are.

Today's wedding is a bit of a sham but millions will love it for what it is, a 'Pomp and Circumstance' special event. This is true of Americans almost more than UK citizens.

I have the right to say what I have said and have taken it - my views are my own business and nobody else's.

If anyone is offended by my words, I'm sure they'll get over it.
No=one has ever been able to adequately explain to me that, although Diana and Hewitt did have an affair (it is a matter of record), they did so when Harry was 2 years old. It starts to stretch the bounds of credulity that an ex-cavalry officer has the only recorded instance of time travelling sperm.
Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice...

Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

barryanorak wrote:

No-one has ever been able to adequately explain that, although Diana and Hewitt did have an affair (it is a matter of record), they did so when Harry was 2 years old. It starts to stretch the bounds of credulity that an ex-cavalry officer has the only recorded instance of time travelling sperm.
Brilliant :rol:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

barryanorak wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:12 am No=one has ever been able to adequately explain to me that, although Diana and Hewitt did have an affair (it is a matter of record), they did so when Harry was 2 years old. It starts to stretch the bounds of credulity that an ex-cavalry officer has the only recorded instance of time travelling sperm.
Well that just reminded me of Finnemore' Herod sketch ....

"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Very good
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

lufc1304 wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 11:50 am I'd rather watch my own execution. £30 million to stage, when millions in this country go hungry.
A belated :tup:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

His Royal Highness Harry Enfield and the Royal wedding Special.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

AndyG wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:04 pm Buck House is only open to a limited extent and only for a few months of the year.
I was lucky to be out of the country and miss this arselick fest , the usual celebs kissing ass , Victoria Beckham looking like she's swallowed a wasp ( ugly miserable bitch ) .
Anyway , re Buck House open , I thought it was but might be mistaken ...but you can imagine
Prince Phil " Liz , can you pass the shotgun , there are poor people in the garden again "
Harry " oh , ya " ( that's royal for yes ...ya ) "I'll go have a kick about with my rugby ball and pretend I'm a commoner "
William " Well , I support Aston Villa ...a Villa's almost a palace isn't it "
Can't be happier that I missed it all though .