Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 21 May)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

danhirons wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:53 am ^^^ forshaw and klich weren't at the club at the same time so they couldn't play together. klich is useless anyway.

I'd personally get rid of Saiz too if a decent big came in for him. He's 27 now, not going to improve, and has shown this season how inconsistent he is - one flash of brilliance for every two times he gives the ball away.

Let hernandez play in the role behind a new striker. Forshaw, Vierra, Phillips and another new centre mid fighting it out for the two centre mid places. Would like two new wingers - get rid of Dallas and Sacko. Have Alioski, and the two new wingers, with Roofe as cover for wingers and striker.

Get a new centre back in. Have cooper and then oshaughnessy as cover, ayling right back, get a new left back (get rid of de bock), pearce as cover for left back, berardi cover at right back. BPF as reserve GK, get a new keeper in.
Much repair work required as oppose to this time last year when minimal replacements were needed until..............................
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

danhirons wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:53 am ^^^ forshaw and klich weren't at the club at the same time so they couldn't play together. klich is useless anyway.

I'd personally get rid of Saiz too if a decent big came in for him. He's 27 now, not going to improve, and has shown this season how inconsistent he is - one flash of brilliance for every two times he gives the ball away.

Let hernandez play in the role behind a new striker. Forshaw, Vierra, Phillips and another new centre mid fighting it out for the two centre mid places. Would like two new wingers - get rid of Dallas and Sacko. Have Alioski, and the two new wingers, with Roofe as cover for wingers and striker.

Get a new centre back in. Have cooper and then oshaughnessy as cover, ayling right back, get a new left back (get rid of de bock), pearce as cover for left back, berardi cover at right back. BPF as reserve GK, get a new keeper in.
I know, you're making my point for me. We never started our strongest midfield at any point. I will of course disagree about Klich, zero evidence he's rubbish
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

faaip wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:00 pm I know, you're making my point for me. We never started our strongest midfield at any point. I will of course disagree about Klich, zero evidence he's rubbish
Fortunately he'd been sent out on loan because he's not good enough - zero evidence he's any good!
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Afternoon Danhirons, we can only hope Klitch comes back a new, rejuvenated fit player. Let's also hope the Japanese Bremner makes the cut for the Japanese squad (he's made the preliminary 35) and impresses enough to at least give us a glimmer of hope for next season....
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 21 May)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Leeds are after Citeh's keeper Angus Gunn, son of former Canary Bryan Gunn.

The 22 yo impressed during his loan spell at Norwich City last season.

Leeds want the shot stopper on a season long loan.
E-iMyxuq.jpg
E-iMyxuq.jpg (27.4 KiB) Viewed 14625 times
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

No Stockdale for us then....
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:07 am Good Morning Everyone

What does everyone think of Elland Road being turned into a boxing ring last weekend?

Should we expect more of the same in the future?

Is it good for the club / City?
Good Afternoon EB,
I don't think our very own bechio bear was at all impressed with Elland Road being turned into a boxing ring....I reckon she's still hobbling around today!
I thought it was brilliant, especially as Josh is a local lad. Good for the boxing fans, good revenue for the Club (hopefully) and great for the City of Leeds......(mind you, I was a tad surprised when the presenter stated that Elland Road was in South Yorkshire :shock: )

Strachan for me..... :)
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

whiteswan wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:47 pm Good Afternoon EB,
I don't think our very own bechio bear was at all impressed with Elland Road being turned into a boxing ring....I reckon she's still hobbling around today!
I thought it was brilliant, especially as Josh is a local lad. Good for the boxing fans, good revenue for the Club (hopefully) and great for the City of Leeds......(mind you, I was a tad surprised when the presenter stated that Elland Road was in South Yorkshire :shock: )

Strachan for me..... :)
Afternoon WS,

It was a great fight by all accounts; can only be a good thing for the club (unless you're Lee Selby)!

He said the crowd would not effect him one bit.

I bet they did!!!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I'm not a fighter !
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

danhirons wrote:

Fortunately he'd been sent out on loan because he's not good enough - zero evidence he's any good!
Zero evidence TC would use him. He made 1 mistake against Cardiff and was shunned in the league, but bossed the Burnley Cup game (Premiership opposition) and is showing arguably his true mettle with rave reviews from his spell with Utrecht in the Eredivisie (Netherlands' top level). I wouldn't call him useless and hope he comes back to be given a real chance.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'd make him my captain.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:57 am Much repair work required as oppose to this time last year when minimal replacements were needed until..............................
Wood Bartley and Taylor were never going to stay, Wood, proven he’s too good for the championship, Bartley was offered a shot at Swansea and Taylor was just a disaster situation, that ship had sailed under Massimo IMO.
Green was the big mistake taken By TC, pressure was put on by Orta to pick him or Wiewald and they were never going to choose Green over him, horrible mistake.
Compare that to where we are now, we need to replace wood, we have Roberts already, let’s hope rumors on Abel are correct and we could be sorted up top, the middle of the pitch is up to interpretation, for me we brought on Forshaw to be the experienced head the others needed to get the beat out of.
Bartley is being considered or I presume a player of similar standard if that doesn’t work out and Appartantly we are looking at Soild goal keepers to replace the green loss.
I believe The board went into this season underestimating the leauge, they did well at the start but mentally our squad left a lot to be desired as well as consistent quality.
Mistakes happen, it’s how you react is what matters, the sounds are the reaction is a positive one. Don’t be too quick to judge
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:56 am Ahh, but a midfielder that can keep the ball?
We already have Klich who's good in possession and Rey too. How about we stop wasting money on positions we already have and give them a chance instead?

As for Boxing, yes. We need to improve our commercial revenue to compete with the parachute payments clubs, so anything that brings in more income to the club is welcome. Concerts, RL internationals, England games etc.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

dezzy wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:45 pm Wood Bartley and Taylor were never going to stay, Wood, proven he’s too good for the championship, Bartley was offered a shot at Swansea and Taylor was just a disaster situation, that ship had sailed under Massimo IMO.
Green was the big mistake taken By TC, pressure was put on by Orta to pick him or Wiewald and they were never going to choose Green over him, horrible mistake.
Compare that to where we are now, we need to replace wood, we have Roberts already, let’s hope rumors on Abel are correct and we could be sorted up top, the middle of the pitch is up to interpretation, for me we brought on Forshaw to be the experienced head the others needed to get the beat out of.
Bartley is being considered or I presume a player of similar standard if that doesn’t work out and Appartantly we are looking at Soild goal keepers to replace the green loss.
I believe The board went into this season underestimating the leauge, they did well at the start but mentally our squad left a lot to be desired as well as consistent quality.
Mistakes happen, it’s how you react is what matters, the sounds are the reaction is a positive one. Don’t be too quick to judge
Morning Dessy, well said about Green pal.

Unfortunately situations like this happen all the time in business.

Scenario - A new employee arrives at work.

He or she had previously been working at a rival firm.

Boss bigs up that person as being the best thing since sliced bread.

Turns out the existing staff are better then the newbie.

Newbie leaves the company within 6 months.

Seriously, who can relate to this???
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

SG90 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:48 pm We already have Klich who's good in possession and Rey too. How about we stop wasting money on positions we already have and give them a chance instead?

As for Boxing, yes. We need to improve our commercial revenue to compete with the parachute payments clubs, so anything that brings in more income to the club is welcome. Concerts, RL internationals, England games etc.
Morning SG90, Why Klich was not given a proper opportunity under TC, we'll never know.

Yes, excited about Rey, but scenario is a little bit like I explained in my previous post.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 8:22 am Morning Dessy, well said about Green pal.

Unfortunately situations like this happen all the time in business.

Scenario - A new employee arrives at work.

He or she had previously been working at a rival firm.

Boss bigs up that person as being the best thing since sliced bread.

Turns out the existing staff are better then the newbie.

Newbie leaves the company within 6 months.

Seriously, who can relate to this???
Morning El, good point, Green never had a chance, massive shame, let’s hope Radz plan works out this summer
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

dezzy wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 8:46 am Morning El, good point, Green never had a chance, massive shame, let’s hope Radz plan works out this summer
Green would be a good shout at a goal keeping coach.

Who do we have at the moment?
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:07 am Green would be a good shout at a goal keeping coach.

Who do we have at the moment?
Great call, and third choice keeper if we get that kid from city on loan and BPF, not all players make good coaches, but no reason Green couldn’t