Championship 18/19

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Championship 18/19 - Bolton v Norwich/Sheff U v Reading

Post by 1964white »

Norwich, Sheff U & WBA all significantly improving their goal average

If only we were more clinical in the attacking zone
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

rich_leeds64 wrote:Worst half possible for us, all 3 teams we didn’t want to win are cruising towards emphatic victories
Leeds have to start winning by 2-3 goals per game as I have a horrible feeling it will be decided on goal difference at the end. I really do hope it's not . It may be we are too far behind already in terms of GD.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

gessa wrote: Cannock....surrounded by them.
Ouch !

gessa

Post by gessa »

Hopefully, Villa will at least do what they did with Sheff Utd.
gessa

Post by gessa »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:56 pm Ouch !

On a Whatsapp group with lots of Villa and Blues on it, been fun the last few days
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:51 pm Worst half possible for us, all 3 teams we didn’t want to win are cruising towards emphatic victories
No fun for us today, out of hands today Rich

Only consolation it should be different next Saturday.

Not a easy game for the canaries

At least one if not both the blunts/baggies to drop points

Norwich City v Bristol City
West Brom v Sheff Utd
Leeds v Bolton
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:55 pm Leeds have to start winning by 2-3 goals per game as I have a horrible feeling it will be decided on goal difference at the end. I really do hope it's not . It may be we are too far behind already in terms of GD.

I suspect we won't score three goals v Bolton & Reading
1964white

Post by 1964white »

4-0 to the blunts now

This is how to beat the dead-legs comprehensively
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

When we had the much better goal difference early on in the season, I was over the moon and said at the time that goal difference could be the difference on automatic promotion or not.....now we have been well and truly overtaken as both Sheff Utd and WBA are seven ahead of us and Norwich six, and they're still playing. We need to start putting our chances away!
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Couldn't be a worse set of results for us. I can't see us winning 4-0, so that would need us to win 4 games to equal that. What's the betting if we win next week it will only be by 1? :roll:

Hopefully this will be a wake up call to the players that we need to be more ruthless.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote: I suspect we won't score three goals v Bolton & Reading
We haven't looked capable for many weeks. If Leeds are going up automatically they've got to do it with a pts advantage. The goal difference is too big now. It places more pressure on Leeds and even more on them to not lose against WBA & SU. To win by 4 against Bolton & Reading and we struggled against both underlines the strengths of both clubs. Wonder how Leeds will do at home to Bolton ? Just scrape a win again probably.

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

That couldn't have gone worse :(

Our lack of a clinical edge and failure to strengthen in key attacking positions may be what sees us fall short.

If we took our chances at the rate WBA, Blades and Norwich do we would be top by miles.

At some point that is going to bite is in the ass.

Either goal difference or dropped points like Boro the other week.

Nothing Bielsa can do about it, thats down to individual quality and clinical finishers like Pukki, Gayle, Sharp.

Hope Bamford can get to match sharpness soon and Izzy Brown or we will miss out imo.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Our rivals all sending out a message to the rest.

We are up for this.

Leeds have lived on their nerves for most of the season. How many frantic fights for the points while other sides have been able to switch to cruise control? How much nervous energy has been spent already? What have we left in the tank?

Will our season experience stand us in good stead for the run in or will we crumble under the pressure? We know we are as good as the rest on the pitch. But will the youngsters especially be able to cope? ( that was my initial concern over Jack Clarke last week that his illness was stress related. Will we ever know what happened?)

In any case.

By this time next week it is possible that WBA could be only one point behind us before they play Sheff Utd.

Therefore while we always say that the points are the most important, surely we need a polished performance or two against Bolton and QPR before the daunting prospect of WBA, Bristol, Reading and Sheff Utd.

Our promotion rivals are up for it. Lets hope we are and we go on a run with, no injury worries, a settled side and a nice run of form for the strikers.

What a league!
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Hi all,

Goal difference will only be a factor if we are level on points with one of our rivals.

It is all in our own hands and I would be quite happy with 1-0 wins in each match.

WBA and blunts both have to come to Elland Road and will get roasted by us. Our rivals all have games to come against each other as well.

I'm confident that we will go up on points, and probably as champions.

Our injured players are all coming back, giving us fresh impetus and options.

Brown, Bamford and Roofe are more than capable of knocking in lots of goals in the remaining matches.

Keep the faith, we're going up 8-)
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

White Riot wrote:Hi all,

Goal difference will only be a factor if we are level on points with one of our rivals.

It is all in our own hands and I would be quite happy with 1-0 wins in each match.

WBA and blunts both have to come to Elland Road and will get roasted by us. Our rivals all have games to come against each other as well.

I'm confident that we will go up on points, and probably as champions.

Our injured players are all coming back, giving us fresh impetus and options.

Brown, Bamford and Roofe are more than capable of knocking in lots of goals in the remaining matches.

Keep the faith, we're going up 8-)
Drinks are on you if we do mate but I'm sorry I don't share your optimism. Yeah I'll gladly watch them scrape home 1-0 every week but we all know that won't happen.

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Championship 18/19

Post by SG90 »

We've still got a game in hand, it's not like we lost, so it's still in our own hands and the Blunts have to come to ER.

We could do with winning a few in a row now to take some pressure off. Starting from Saturday.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:46 pm We've still got a game in hand, it's not like we lost, so it's still in our own hands and the Blunts have to come to ER.

We could do with winning a few in a row now to take some pressure off. Starting from Saturday.
Exactly, it is down to our players and Bielsa to hold their nerves and perform when it matters.

They will be backed by tremendous support from us all the way - remember Bristol Rovers :scar1

Bielsa has been hampered by injuries all season, but never once moaned about it, and our squad is coming back to full strength now.

With the players, fans and team spirit we have, I believe that we are very much in control of our own destiny and are the strongest force in the Championship.

It'll be a tough ride home, but the long awaited prize is there for the taking.

As the song says, "Marching on Together".

I'm a firm believer of "We stand they die", so lets show all these other clubs who we are and that we want this more than they do.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:46 pm We've still got a game in hand, it's not like we lost, so it's still in our own hands and the Blunts have to come to ER.
And WBA at ER too

Baggies home to the Blunts next Saturday
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:46 pm We could do with winning a few in a row now to take some pressure off. Starting from Saturday.
Another seven consecutive wins would do it :lol:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Another thing is the amount of penalties they've had in comparison to us. We've had 1, Blunts and West Brom have had about 8, Norwich have had 5 but actually missed 4. We were cheated out of another 2 on Weds by poor refs. Little things like that change things massively.