Championship 18/19

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Championship 18/19

Post by whiteswan »

Hopefully this decision will galavnise us.....if we can be galvanised that is!
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

The Lawrence verdict is a joke. Watch the clip and he gets a bigger hit before getting into the box and stays on his feet - the merest stroke in the box and he's down. You can see that he goes down after taking a step, so either he's slipped, or he's dived. Either way, he appealed for the penalty and they gained an advantage.

The FA need to work out what they actually want to stop - clearly there's contact here, but it's no where near enough to bring someone down, but by not punishing this they're saying "go down under any contact", rather than "stay on your feet until you can't". You see it when kids play now that the slightest nudge sends them down and it's sad...
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

So that panel actually believe that Tom Lawrence did not try and con the ref.?
Who are these guys? And what factors do they allow themselves to be influenced by when they take their decisions??
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:29 pm So that panel actually believe that Tom Lawrence did not try and con the ref.?
Who are these guys? And what factors do they allow themselves to be influenced by when they take their decisions??
They take the referee's report into account i think, did he see it, if so why did he decide what he did.

Its 3 ex refs (no clue who).

Imo he choose to go down, he had been fouled worse in the build up but stayed on his feet.

Its difficult because why would he go down in that position? And there was contact.

But at the same time you can bet he has been fouled 10 times worse hundreds of times and stayed on his feet so yeah.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Genghers wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:30 pm The FA need to work out what they actually want to stop - clearly there's contact here, but it's no where near enough to bring someone down, but by not punishing this they're saying "go down under any contact", rather than "stay on your feet until you can't". You see it when kids play now that the slightest nudge sends them down and it's sad...
If Klich had gone down from the Villa punch Klich would have probably been banned as they would have said there wasn't enough force for him to go down. They need to be consistent - well apart from consistently being against Leeds.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

weasel wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 6:20 pm If Klich had gone down from the Villa punch Klich would have probably been banned as they would have said there wasn't enough force for him to go down. They need to be consistent - well apart from consistently being against Leeds.
That's essentially what Bielsa said in the post match. What does Klich do? A punch is an aggressive action - if the player doesn't go down holding their gut, does that mean that it shouldn't count as aggressive?

Considering you see players sent off when they do that thing where they put their heads together and one moves slightly more, I've no idea how Hourihane got away with the punch - the panel should be made to fully explain why they came to that decision.

I've never much been one for conspiracies, but this season really does feel like the league are trying their best yo stand in our way.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Congratulations to Norwich and Blades who showed consistency when it mattered.

Congratulations to Villa and Derby who kept their nerve.

No excuses for us, we have to take the banter and what not because we happily gave it out.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Not in the mood for congratulating Derby, I'm afraid. We gifted them that game, and both they and Villa have been graceless opponents this season.
billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

SaraM wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:25 am Not in the mood for congratulating Derby, I'm afraid. We gifted them that game, and both they and Villa have been graceless opponents this season.
This . And the sight of Lampard celebrating last night is the stuff of nightmares. At least either him or John Terry are going to be massively disappointed on May 27th . Difficult choice between how ghastly they both are . Didn’t Henry Kissinger once say “ I hope they both lose “ ? That’s about right .
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

SaraM wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:25 am Not in the mood for congratulating Derby, I'm afraid. We gifted them that game, and both they and Villa have been graceless opponents this season.
Completely agree. As much as I dislike Dean Smith, I don't think I could stomach Derby going up after all the dodgy penalties they've received to get them into the playoffs and then the behaviour of their players over these two legs. It's a shame one team will get off scott free for cheating ffp, while those who play by the rules miss out.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

I'll have to grit my teeth and hope it's Villa, if only so that the love-in for Lampard dies down sooner rather than later. It would be fitting for Keogh to cost them the game like he did in 2014. I've a horrible feeling they're going up though.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Totally agree
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Blunts funded by a £3m loan from Osama Bin Laden's family. Wtf? :shock: Watch this by brushed under the carpet by Wilder and the moral police in the press.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/0 ... ily-court/
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Maybe that's why they get so many penalties :duno:
billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

SaraM wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:18 am I'll have to grit my teeth and hope it's Villa, if only so that the love-in for Lampard dies down sooner rather than later. It would be fitting for Keogh to cost them the game like he did in 2014. I've a horrible feeling they're going up though.
I really do hope not . Lampard and co are still celebrating today like they’ve won the play off final so I’d love to see him get his comeuppance even if it means Smith / Terry get promoted . Can’t stand the bloke .
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I'd prefer to see Villa promoted but the main reason is that I would expect them to be tougher opposition than Derby next season. Derby are totally reliant on their loan players and without them next season then I can't see them being above mid table. Villa don't have that problem and if they stayed down they could cash in on Grealish and strengthen their side.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

weasel wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:39 pm I'd prefer to see Villa promoted but the main reason is that I would expect them to be tougher opposition than Derby next season. Derby are totally reliant on their loan players and without them next season then I can't see them being above mid table. Villa don't have that problem and if they stayed down they could cash in on Grealish and strengthen their side.
Derby are losing £3m a month and lost £65m before the owner sold the ground to himself for £80m to avoid ffp sanctions. They are fooked if they lose.

Plus Villa have billionaire sugar daddies so will spend fortunes.