Marcelo Bielsa

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by 1964white »

You heard it here a few weeks ago

Screenshot 2019-05-20 at 13.26.30.png
Screenshot 2019-05-20 at 13.26.30.png (228.49 KiB) Viewed 3467 times
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

i think if he stays it will be on his terms. hopefully mistakes have been taken on board . he now knows exactly what he needs to get us out of this league and hopefully keeps the players he wants and signs the players he actually needs to finally get us up. don't think he'll be staying for the sake of it this year. over to you radz !
fingers crossed ....... we'll be fucked without him.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:43 pm i think if he stays it will be on his terms. hopefully mistakes have been taken on board . he now knows exactly what he needs to get us out of this league and hopefully keeps the players he wants and signs the players he actually needs to finally get us up. don't think he'll be staying for the sake of it this year. over to you radz !
Without a shadow of a doubt '63 :tup:
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

leic white 63 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:43 pm i think if he stays it will be on his terms. hopefully mistakes have been taken on board . he now knows exactly what he needs to get us out of this league and hopefully keeps the players he wants and signs the players he actually needs to finally get us up. don't think he'll be staying for the sake of it this year. over to you radz !
His knowledge of the league last season was immense, now that he has seen it first hand and how our squad faultered towards the end I think he will improve us even more, best scenario is that he stays. He said a few weeks back this squad won’t reach the heights of this season again, as you say if he stays it’s in his terms, I’d expect a decent amount of changes to the squad, only worry is if he stays and has promises made to him and they are not kept he’d be out the door leaving us in a bad position, let’s hope the board don’t make empty promises and are up front with what is to be done in the summer.
With him staying I’d only expect to see Pontus leave, add that fee to Saiz and Ekuban you’d be looking at 20m plus any extra the club have budgeted. Bielsa with a budget of 30m would make us very strong
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

dezzy wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:34 pm His knowledge of the league last season was immense, now that he has seen it first hand and how our squad faultered towards the end I think he will improve us even more, best scenario is that he stays. He said a few weeks back this squad won’t reach the heights of this season again, as you say if he stays it’s in his terms, I’d expect a decent amount of changes to the squad, only worry is if he stays and has promises made to him and they are not kept he’d be out the door leaving us in a bad position, let’s hope the board don’t make empty promises and are up front with what is to be done in the summer.
With him staying I’d only expect to see Pontus leave, add that fee to Saiz and Ekuban you’d be looking at 20m plus any extra the club have budgeted. Bielsa with a budget of 30m would make us very strong
:tup:
lets hope so . would like to keep jansson tho , it remains to be seen if we do or not.
watch this space !
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Marcelo Bielsa is Staying - Official Announcement

Post by weasel »

Club exercise Bielsa contract option.

Leeds United are delighted to confirm that Chairman Andrea Radrizzani has officially exercised the option to extend Marcelo Bielsa’s contract for a second season.

Marcelo has met with the Board of Directors on a number of occasions over the past few days and has confirmed his intention to continue on in his role of Head Coach.

Bielsa penned a two-year deal with the Whites in June 2018 with the club maintaining the right to extend or terminate the deal at the end of year one.

During Marcelo's debut season in English football, the team amassed a total of 83 points - the highest points total since promotion from League One during the 2009/10 season, playing an attractive brand of football which has helped Bielsa to become a popular figure amongst supporters.

Vamos Leeds Carajo.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

He has earned great respect as a manager, mentor and human being, probably the most inspirational figure we've had since our fall from the top. Not only that but his continuation means that he is satisfied with the club's summer transfer plans, whatever they may be.

Bring on next season.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Yes! Excellent news!
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Alleluia , Alleluia for this great News.
Ti's always darkest before the dawn. MOT.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Yeeeeessssssssssssssss
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

You heard from me first on here that Bielsa was staying a few weeks ago :P
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

MARCEEELLOOOO BIEELLLSSAAA!!

Most important signing we are going to make this summer again.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:44 am You heard from me Bielsa was staying a few weeks ago :P
We did but we thought you had been looking at the tea leaves 😇
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by onemoreslogan »

Thank the Maker! Did not want a return to managerial purgatory.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:49 am We did but we thought you had been looking at the tea leaves 😇
Was never in doubt I've been told since our Sponsors Day

Only non-committal was Kalvin Phillips who shrugged his shoulders when asked if he was staying at Leeds, of course the lad doesn't know one way or the other although he is aware of the offers on the table
hector

Post by hector »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:49 am We did but we thought you had been looking at the tea leaves 😇

I thought he had been sniffing the buggers :) :)
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

marvellous , now back him.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 12:17 pm I thought he had been sniffing the buggers :) :)
I use tea-bags :lol:

I'm more concerned which or our players may leave this summer.

Important we push on from here because Marcelo is likely to leave in 2020 even if we were promoted to the premiership