2018 WORLD CUP FINAL - FRANCE v CROATIA

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Re: 2018 WORLD CUP - Germany, Belgium & maybe PONTUS in action on Saturday

Post by Norm »

Yes - Sweden 1-0
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

yep VAR not working because if you have it it has to be used consistently.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Maybe it should be like cricket or american football where the team gets a number of calls
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Faaip I agree, or let it also be team manager initiated
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

...although that could marginalise the ref so I think your suggestion better.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Not just the English moaning then.
VAR is great in principle, but not in practice, at least half a dozen clear cut penalties now not given. Considering they were going to cut out the pulling and tugging in the box, they've not done a great job so far., there's been some blatent one's missed.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: 2018 WORLD CUP

Post by HarryofOz »

Come on peeps, England smash in six goals and not one comment!!!!

I see the current tables have England on top, though with exactly the same record as Belgium. Does that mean England only need a draw v Belgium to top the table?
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

One goal for Panama brings more joy than six for England.
gessa

Post by gessa »

HarryofOz wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:33 pm Come on peeps, England smash in six goals and not one comment!!!!

I see the current tables have England on top, though with exactly the same record as Belgium. Does that mean England only need a draw v Belgium to top the table?

They have 3 boookings, England have 2, that's why they're on top. So if it's a draw, England meed to keep to less bookings, if England and Belguim draw and England get one booking more than them so everything is exactly the same ie goals scored goals conceded and same amount of bookings then it goes to lots to see who wins the group.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

It's rocket-science Ges!
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Colombia were excellent earlier, easily my favourite team to watch when on song. Looks like they could be meeting England next round, definitely would be a huge wake up call if it came to be.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

HarryofOz wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:33 pm Come on peeps, England smash in six goals and not one comment!!!!

We've been very quiet here over the last couple of days or so, plus there's Norms thread where I posted about the game
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

gessa wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:52 pm They have 3 boookings, England have 2, that's why they're on top. So if it's a draw, England meed to keep to less bookings, if England and Belguim draw and England get one booking more than them so everything is exactly the same ie goals scored goals conceded and same amount of bookings then it goes to lots to see who wins the group.
Ta, going to close.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

faaip wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:23 am We've been very quiet here over the last couple of days or so, plus there's Norms thread where I posted about the game
Okay
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:32 pm Maybe it should be like cricket or american football where the team gets a number of calls
Now there's a good idea!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

VAR gets it wrong again ...
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Wow what an amazing turnaround in Group B in injury time for both games.

I am somewhat perplexed at Ronaldo's booking. I didn't the VAR could be used for yellow cards - only reds. Or is it because the ref looked at the replay and made the decision?
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

How on earth can that have been deemed a deliberate handball by the Portuguese defender ?

His arm was only inches away when the Iranian forward in effect, headed the ball at his arm.

Thing is when you see the inside of the VAR room at the beginning of the games there must be at least half a dozen people in there, so you assume they all agree, before contacting the Ref to suggest that he reviews it on the screen at the side of the pitch. So how can so many people see something differently from everyone else (outside of Iran) ?
gessa

Post by gessa »

Can't see the Argies worrying the French.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Sweden in front and Germans only drawing........we know what's going to happen right :roll: