Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Brader
First Team
First Team

Re: Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

Post by Brader »

Sounds like he never had any intention of coming to us, leeds late bid only came in after his representatives told sky sports he wanted to come here - More than likely to drive up his wage. Seen him a few times as my mates a supporter of theirs and ive always thought he was average at best. Theyre not that overly fussed hes leaving which says it all really.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Pep has said he may loan out Phil Foden and Brahim Diaz after all.

One of those would cheer me up :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:44 pm Pep has said he may loan out Phil Foden and Brahim Diaz after all.

One of those would cheer me up :)
Neither are in positions we need to strengthen though. I don't tend to like loans without future fees inserted - you're basically just stunting the potential development of our young players (e.g. Vieira and Phillips) and benefitting the other club.

We've got a stacked midfield and clearly some will be on the way out (O'Kane and Murphy starting for the u23s today), but even then we've already got Baker in on loam.

Want to see a striker and a CB as priority now.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Genghers wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:26 pm Neither are in positions we need to strengthen though. I don't tend to like loans without future fees inserted - you're basically just stunting the potential development of our young players (e.g. Vieira and Phillips) and benefitting the other club.

We've got a stacked midfield and clearly some will be on the way out (O'Kane and Murphy starting for the u23s today), but even then we've already got Baker in on loam.

Want to see a striker and a CB as priority now.
Disagree partially, i feel we need another winger/attacking midfielder, had hoped we would be in for Marcus Maddison, may still be, " a club trying to pay his £2.5million pound release clause in installments", definitely sounds like us, the other club apparently WBA.

Do agree on the future fees bit, very much against loans with no transfer fee included, but this Diaz is the sort of player you wouldnt turn your nose up at if you could, seems extremely highly rated, far more so then the 2 Chelsea lads.

Not looking at a cb apparently, not a priority, hence the no Bartley and no Egan.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Which is the pure winger? CMF's that can play wing are seldom very good there imo
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We have

Hernandez
Saiz
Klich
Baker as AMF's so far and 2/3 more that could play there plus some kids
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Lot of twitter rumours that an unnamed Championship Club have had an offer accepted by Leicester for Leonardo Ulloa.

Fits the Bielsa striker mould of the past, big strong target man.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:46 pm Which is the pure winger? CMF's that can play wing are seldom very good there imo
Foden seems more number 10.

Brahim Diaz seems more Messi like, can play anywhere across the 3, left right or centre, similar to Maddison.
Signed

King Cjay

Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:56 pm Disagree partially, i feel we need another winger/attacking midfielder, had hoped we would be in for Marcus Maddison, may still be, " a club trying to pay his £2.5million pound release clause in installments", definitely sounds like us, the other club apparently WBA.

Not looking at a cb apparently, not a priority, hence the no Bartley and no Egan.
Unless we're selling Hernandez/Said then I really don't see why wed need another attacking mid. Those two are the clear first choice if they're playing centrally and we have youth options to back up Dallas/Roofe/Alioski on the wings.

I'll be incredibly bemused if we don't sign another CB. We only have Jansson and Cooper as recognised first team centre halves currently. If Bielsa is wanting three at the back I wouldn't be comfortable having Berardi/De Bock or any of the midfielders in there. That might be okay in friendlies, but against proper strikers we'll get torn apart.

Would be very happy with Ulloa, though I'm sure we were put off by his wage damages last season when we were linked?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Genghers wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:05 pm Unless we're selling Hernandez/Said then I really don't see why wed need another attacking mid. Those two are the clear first choice if they're playing centrally and we have youth options to back up Dallas/Roofe/Alioski on the wings.

I'll be incredibly bemused if we don't sign another CB. We only have Jansson and Cooper as recognised first team centre halves currently. If Bielsa is wanting three at the back I wouldn't be comfortable having Berardi/De Bock or any of the midfielders in there. That might be okay in friendlies, but against proper strikers we'll get torn apart.

Would be very happy with Ulloa, though I'm sure we were put off by his wage damages last season when we were linked?
I dont see a proper backup to Pablo, there is Saiz but think there are a lot of rose tinted glasses with him, and i can see Alioski being used all over the place next season, Roofe and Dallas are yet to convince me as good enough as wingers at this level.

Very excited by Jack Clarke though, id rather see him given a proper chance on the flanks over Roofe or Dallas, cant deny from reading and what little ive seen of Diaz when he has played for City, he hasnt looked out of place playing with David Silva and company, id be very excited if we got him on loan.

Agree fully on the cb situation, Cooper isnt convincing anyway, but to play Berardi and De Bock would be suicide at Championship level, imagine them going shoulder to shoulder with a powerhouse like Mame Diouf, or Berardi trying to mark Peter Crouch at a corner, id hoped for 2 cbs, one permanent then maybe supplemented with a loan (Foyth) now id take just 1.

Were we linked with Ulloa? Id be very pleased to, cant imagine the transfer fee be to much either.
Signed

King Cjay

Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Cjay wrote:

Were we linked with Ulloa? Id be very pleased to, cant imagine the transfer fee be to much either.
Like Genghers said though, can we afford the wages? I suppose if there's no fee that could make the difference.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Norm wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:56 pm Like Genghers said though, can we afford the wages? I suppose if there's no fee that could make the difference.
Pass, no clue.

Football Manager 2018 (a game i know but there wages do seem to be fairly accurate).

They have him at £30k a week, some reports at £50k.

Probably somewhere in between, definitely be a top earner for us, maybe Leicester be willing to subsadise?

Give him 30k offer them £3mil they still make a few million on a player they dont want.

Probably isn't us anyways, to logical a signing :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Ulloa would be a good signing, he probably has 2-3 years left in him, I wouldn’t go mad on wages though no chance of any money invested into him coming back into the club as he wouldn’t have a sell on value.
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Couple of reputable journos on twitter saying that phil foden to Leeds on Loan is 95 percent complete. We seem very mid heavy
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Again, maybe we can convert him to striker. He had an eye for goal for the England U17's
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Richard wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:09 am Ulloa would be a good signing, he probably has 2-3 years left in him, I wouldn’t go mad on wages though no chance of any money invested into him coming back into the club as he wouldn’t have a sell on value.
Yes Ulloa would be a excellent signing Richard :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

32 in 3 days time, played 19 minutes of first team football last season for Leicester, scores less frequently for Leicester and Brighton than Roofe for us but we may not be buying him for his goals

...maybe if cheap as chips and we still add a forward
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Phil Foden rumours are gathering more and more pace.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Richard wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:56 pm Phil Foden rumours are gathering more and more pace.
Prefer Diaz myself, he can play wide.

City heading for an issue with Diaz apparently.

Brahim Diaz is adamant he doent want to go anywhere on loan, if he isnt going to get the opportunity at City then he wants to leave permanently, he is out of contract next summer.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We're going to end up with 4/5 season long loans and then not play them aren't we?