Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Re: Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

Post by Richard »

A few things that don’t make any sense to me....

1) Vydra - I don’t believe he agreed a wage of £30k and upped his demand at the last minute to £50k a week, it just makes no sense. I believe someone didn’t do their homework, discovered he was on 30k a week at Derby and assumed he would want the same. Either that or they believed we could sell him the Bielsa dream. Lots of time wasted or PR ticket sales stunt?

2) Hernandez - Working on the assumption we had £11m for Vydra and £30k a week, Hernandez with a signing on fee of £3m and £40-£50k a week is far cheaper. A three year contract with the signing on fee at the top end of 50k a week is still 10.8m, in 18 months time if we needed to sell you can’t tell me we wouldn’t get £10m easily for Hernandez.

We have shipped out several players, we can shift a few more, why replace them with more lower end quality, you get what you pay for in this division.

3) Blackman on loan, is he better than BPF? I was all for the experience of Stockdale on loan or the brilliance of Gunn on loan but Blackman? He was dropped a few times by Sheffield United, he is being sent out on loan to gain experience, would he improve spending time with the Chelsea coaches or sitting on the Leeds bench? Have we had to offer assurances over him being first choice?

4) Bartley - He would jump at the chance to come back here and at £4m surely he is a better option than Cooper? If Bielsa has said no find me better is he in for a shock?
gessa

Post by gessa »

I'm still wondering why Henandez still hasn't signed for anyone, also why hasn't someone else come in for Vydra?

Is Blackman any better than BPF, don't like this signing for 2 reasons.

Bartley, we would hard pressed to find better at this level, based on his seasons loan here but we could certainly find someone for £4M who is less injury prone.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Also I think we could find Grabban the buy of the season at £6M
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Richard wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:34 am 4) Bartley - He would jump at the chance to come back here and at £4m surely he is a better option than Cooper? If Bielsa has said no find me better is he in for a shock?
Absolutely a better option Richard, our coaches don't seem to think so although credit to Monk he call it right when he brought in Jansson to firmly plug the brittle gap after an average start with Captain Chaos & Bartley as our CB's, CC only played cup games in the main once a proper CB pairing was in place. Some on here still think Captain Chaos is good enough :roll:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:52 pm I'm still wondering why Henandez still hasn't signed for anyone, also why hasn't someone else come in for Vydra?
Greed mate.....if they want those sort of salaries premiership clubs need to sign them even though they are clearly not good enough for that level
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Richard »

gessa wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:52 pm I'm still wondering why Henandez still hasn't signed for anyone, also why hasn't someone else come in for Vydra?

Is Blackman any better than BPF, don't like this signing for 2 reasons.

Bartley, we would hard pressed to find better at this level, based on his seasons loan here but we could certainly find someone for £4M who is less injury prone.
My take and pure guesswork. Lampard has said he wants to Keep Vydra, the club have financial problems so that’s the only reason they are entertaining bids for him otherwise they’d never sell.

Vydra is on £30k a week, he signed for Derby when they were expected to be strong promotion contenders so he probably has a very good promotion clause tied in. He hasn’t asked to leave so he is probably saying I’m not going anywhere unless you offer silly money, I’m content where I am.

In regards to Hernandez some foreign teams have apparently approached him but he wishes to remain in the UK. I’m guessing those that would have afforded him last season are tight for cash this season and he has been injured so he is a gamble.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Richard wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:23 am My take and pure guesswork. Lampard has said he wants to Keep Vydra, the club have financial problems so that’s the only reason they are entertaining bids for him otherwise they’d never sell.

Vydra is on £30k a week, he signed for Derby when they were expected to be strong promotion contenders so he probably has a very good promotion clause tied in. He hasn’t asked to leave so he is probably saying I’m not going anywhere unless you offer silly money, I’m content where I am.

In regards to Hernandez some foreign teams have apparently approached him but he wishes to remain in the UK. I’m guessing those that would have afforded him last season are tight for cash this season and he has been injured so he is a gamble.

If you're correct and that is very plausible, then the ball is in Hernandez's court to show some realism in his demands.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

In AF he'd be wanting to sign a 1 year prove it deal.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cardiff chasing Ronaldo Vierra ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Hopefully nothing in that.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Warnock has professed an admiration for Vierra in the past IIRC and he's not the only one who thinks we have something special on our hands
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I agree with Warnock, think Vieira gets far to much criticism and will play for England.

Just hope Radz agrees and laughs at Cardiff if they come calling.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kemar Roofe to West Brom rumours not going away.

Phil Hay saying the club wants to keep him.

But Roofe is a Walsall boy who came through the West Brom academy.

Probably pay better wages then us, one to watch.
Signed

King Cjay

MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

I think if RV leaves for Cardiff then I think we have serious problems. IMO Cardiff will last one season in the Premiership before they are relegated and if RV thinks they are a better option than us, in the long term then I think we have to question what our owners objectives are?

We had this before with Lewis Cook, but he left to join a highly thought of manager (EH) who has done a good job in Premiership, something Colin has never done.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

MightyWhites wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:13 pm I think if RV leaves for Cardiff then I think we have serious problems. IMO Cardiff will last one season in the Premiership before they are relegated and if RV thinks they are a better option than us, in the long term then I think we have to question what our owners objectives are?

We had this before with Lewis Cook, but he left to join a highly thought of manager (EH) who has done a good job in Premiership, something Colin has never done.
Most Leeds fans think he's junk, he's not slated to start with us bringing in Baker and Klich, Ideguchi, and Forshaw battling for the same spot. I'd want to move in that case.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

He stays if Biesla wants him to ...
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I hope he stays - what little I've seen of him has been very encouraging and his attitude is spot-on.
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Richard »

Kurt Zouma apparently Blackman tweeted “see you soon” then deleted the tweet. Social media in a frenzy Leeds fans believing Zouma could be about to join on loan
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Richard wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:40 am Kurt Zouma apparently Blackman tweeted “see you soon” then deleted the tweet. Social media in a frenzy Leeds fans believing Zouma could be about to join on loan

haha we wish! absolutely zero chance of this unfortunately. stoke paid an enormous fee for his loan last season (7 mill I think)
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

You can only loan two players >23 years old from the same club. So no more Chelsea loans.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!