Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

Post by Cjay »

Think now more then ever Radz needs to back Bielsa.

Looking beyond our great performance, that style, a 46 game season, you need depth, we have little of that.

3 players minimum imo, otherwise i think despite Bielsa and his brilliance we will struggle once injuries and suspensions arrive.

And they will, Phillips, Cooper, Berardi and Jansson, none are known for there discipline, can add Phillips to that who certainly walks a fine line at times.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I agree about needing more bodies but, regarding the bad behaviour, notice how Saiz and Alioski have stopped their annoying traits.
I'm sure Bielsa will have been instrumental in getting them to stop their crap - maybe that includes bad fouls as well, although it sounds like we were a bit lucky on a couple of challenges yesterday. The point I'm making though is that he's a disciplinarian, old school about everything, including manners and it is likely that either he or 1 of his assistants tackles the little things as they happen, rather than ignoring them or waiting for an accumulation. I admire that, deal with the small stuff to deter the big stuff down the line.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

We definitely were lucky not to lose Phillips for a two footer. Ref didn't use a card the whole game I don't think. Nowt wrong with getting stuck in, but you need to be able to control it.

Berardi put in an absolutely huge tackle on McClean in the second half. Basically got the ball, man and advertising board, but it was completely by the book.

Hopefully the improved discipline from Saiz and Alioski continues (no time to roll around or shout at the ref when there's pressing to do!), because it will no doubt improve their game.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Back to what they did when they first impressed on the pitch last year Genghers but I reckon they've got a considerable increase in the amount of energy expended because of all the extras demanded by MB. They're more disciplined and I reckon they're happier because they'll know what they're doing more now.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Cjay wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:53 pm Think now more then ever Radz needs to back Bielsa.

Looking beyond our great performance, that style, a 46 game season, you need depth, we have little of that.
Spot on, said the same on here on one of the other threads. The bench may have looked strong on Sunday and it was but this style of play will be very tough for the players to maintain.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:16 am Back to what they did when they first impressed on the pitch last year Genghers but I reckon they've got a considerable increase in the amount of energy expended because of all the extras demanded by MB. They're more disciplined and I reckon they're happier because they'll know what they're doing more now.
Three pluses there Norm
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Linked to Amiens attacker Moussa Konate today, seems unlikely given the price tag but we have had scouts at Amiens and FC Sion games in recent years.

Victor Orta was at the Hull and Villa game last night

Linked today to Albert Adomah.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Gurj wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:31 am Spot on, said the same on here on one of the other threads. The bench may have looked strong on Sunday and it was but this style of play will be very tough for the players to maintain.
Agreed.

Still in the position where just 2 or 3 injuries will really harm us.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Adam Pope

@apopey

Interesting to hear from #lufc MD Angus Kinnear tonight that the club are more likely to strengthen via a loan or possibly before the end of the month rather than a permanent deal.

On the one hand I'm not surprised unfortunately.

On the other hand i see the club thinking this is "doing a Wolves".

But unless the loans are 1st class players like Wolves and Fulham with Mitrovic then its just being cheap.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Does appear that typically there is absolutely nothing going on for Leeds today.

Disappointing :(

Unambitious :(

As usual leaving ourselves realistically 2 or 3 players short :(

The Stoke game may have been a bad thing in terms of our transfer hopes.

Hoped that would convince Radz to put hishand in his pocket, unfortunately it seems to have convinced him to rest on his laurels and think "that'll do".

Very shallow squad already under pressure with Forshaw and now Dallas out.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:56 pm Does appear that typically there is absolutely nothing going on for Leeds today.

Disappointing :(

Unambitious :(

As usual leaving ourselves realistically 2 or 3 players short :(

The Stoke game may have been a bad thing in terms of our transfer hopes.

Hoped that would convince Radz to put hishand in his pocket, unfortunately it seems to have convinced him to rest on his laurels and think "that'll do".

Very shallow squad already under pressure with Forshaw and now Dallas out.
Always insisted since we signed Bamford we required two more quality signings, loan deals apart !

I believe we have fallen short again which is a great pity as the championship is there for the taking this season
woodfordwhites
First Team
First Team

Post by woodfordwhites »

Leeds have enquired over the availability for cb tomas kalas at Chelsea for a loan deal
1964white

Post by 1964white »

woodfordwhites wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:51 pm Leeds have enquired over the availability for cb tomas kalas at Chelsea for a loan deal
Only type of deals gonna happen now

Would be a very good signing, over a 100 championship games for Boro & Fulham
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Reports appearing that Mo Besic (the ideal player to replace Ronnie V) who looked to be going to Boro is now OFF!!!!!!!

PICK UP THE PHONE RADZ!!!!!!!!!1
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Would be a loan now, window has shut
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:32 pm Would be a loan now, window has shut
Loan to buy will do.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:51 pm Always insisted since we signed Bamford we required two more quality signings, loan deals apart !

I believe we have fallen short again which is a great pity as the championship is there for the taking this season
Agree think we have left Bielsa with a paper thin squad.

Can redeem it somewhat if the loans that the club seem to want are 3 top class 1st team level players.

Kalas, Besic and Diaz at City for example.

If not then again what the club have been saying since March will just look like spin.

"Exciting summer" :duno:
Signed

King Cjay

gessa

Post by gessa »

Cjay wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:22 pm
If not then again what the club have been saying since March will just look like spin.

"Exciting summer" :duno:
I always thought and still do that Radz is a few steps up the rung from our last few owners but I've honestly come to the the conclusion not to trust a word he says.
gessa

Post by gessa »

I'd rather listen and read nothing than to bollox.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Maybe teams looked at us not playing any of our loans and having second thoughts. Even the keeper, who I'm sorry should be ready to start if he's going to. Loan with an option to by maybe the way to go, teams don't necessarily want those back
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"