Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Transfers. Signings Rumours and Wishes.

Post by 1964white »

Here's my contribution to this topic, may as well keep the transfer window fiasco thread becoming a non-event :lol:

Screenshot 2018-07-09 at 16.09.56.png
Screenshot 2018-07-09 at 16.09.56.png (55.52 KiB) Viewed 9238 times
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Last minute panic loans on the cards :shhh:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

$40,000 a week is 2 mill per year....and I'd imagine we're paying Biesla a top wage too. If we're paying someone 40k I want him to be twice the player than anyone else we have here.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Important to note that other than A couple of teams (looking at you mainly Forrest but also the prem relegated boys with money to burn) .... hardly anyone has signed anyone in the championship yet. 10 clubs haven’t really signed anyone if you take away youth/free players. I don’t think it’s time to panic yet.

Give it 2 more weeks before we all set fire to the car park
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:23 pm $40,000 a week is 2 mill per year....and I'd imagine we're paying Biesla a top wage too. If we're paying someone 40k I want him to be twice the player than anyone else we have here.
Surely we have other options in mind if certain greedy footballers don't want to play ball

Not every potential signing can be asking 30k/40k a week
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Nixon (yes i know) still expects Vydra to come.

Says Vydra upped his wage demands to £50k.

Not worth that but £40k is fair imo when you see some of the wages being handed about in this league.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:00 pm Nixon (yes i know) still expects Vydra to come.

Not worth that but £40k is fair imo when you see some of the wages being handed about in this league.
Villa and Brum in finacial trouble from over spending one would assume. Doubling our wage scale seems a little imprudent to me, we have no sugar daddy nor have we gotten much from the league compared to some in recent years...We should be around middle of the league in salary spending
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

faaip wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:29 pm Villa and Brum in finacial trouble from over spending one would assume. Doubling our wage scale seems a little imprudent to me, we have no sugar daddy nor have we gotten much from the league compared to some in recent years...We should be around middle of the league in salary spending
Agreed. I don't want us spending anywhere near 40k a week on one player, let alone one with a massive transfer fee
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:00 pm Nixon (yes i know) still expects Vydra to come.

No championship player is worth 40k a week Cjay
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:52 pm No championship player is worth 40k a week Cjay
I agree.

But thats the market these days.

Fans want proven Championship quality not cheap foreign imports.

Thats what they cost.

Cant have it both ways. Domestic market is ludicrous.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

:poo:
faaip wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:29 pm Villa and Brum in finacial trouble from over spending one would assume. Doubling our wage scale seems a little imprudent to me, we have no sugar daddy nor have we gotten much from the league compared to some in recent years...We should be around middle of the league in salary spending
Birmingham bit different, they spent big last summer and comparatively big the season before about £20mil in transfer fees more then received.

Reported to have paid 40k a week to Sam Gallagher, David Stockdale 40k. £6mil and probably similar wages on Jota, Blues lived far beyond there means.

Villa were stuck with average players on daft wages, Agbonlahor over £50k, Micah Richards same, Jedinak over 40k reportedly and loads more.

Not suggesting we do that but the odd quality player on 35k 40k is maybe needed, quality costs after all.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

A few months ago Radz gave us the spin about 'doing a Wolves' and how he is 'mates' with Mendes.

And so far he's not delivered one bit
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Forest are not hanging about watching the grass grow

Pantilimon
In: Tobias Figueiredo - Sporting Lisbon (Undisclosed), Michael Dawson - Hull (Free), Joao Carvalho - Benfica (£13.2m), Diogo Goncalves - Benfica (Loan), Gil Bastiao Dias - Monaco (Loan), Jack Robinson - QPR (Free), Hillal Soudani - Dinamo Zagreb (Undisclosed), Costel Pantilimon - Watford (Undisclosed), Lewis Grabban - Bournemouth (Undisclosed)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:06 pm Forest are not hanging about watching the grass grow

Pantilimon
In: Tobias Figueiredo - Sporting Lisbon (Undisclosed), Michael Dawson - Hull (Free), Joao Carvalho - Benfica (£13.2m), Diogo Goncalves - Benfica (Loan), Gil Bastiao Dias - Monaco (Loan), Jack Robinson - QPR (Free), Hillal Soudani - Dinamo Zagreb (Undisclosed), Costel Pantilimon - Watford (Undisclosed), Lewis Grabban - Bournemouth (Undisclosed)
£13mil on Benfica reserve is absolutely ludicrous.

May turn out to be a good deal but Mendes isnt getting Forest anywhere close to the quality he got wolves.
Signed

King Cjay

lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Has everyone forgotten there's a world cup on? That ALWAYS stalls transfer business. Clubs, quite rightly, won't sell good players without a replacement lined up, and I'm quite sure they'll have been looking at who's done well in Russia and whether or not they're available. I've always assummed that transfers are a bit like selling your house, you end up in a chain, and unless everyone has what they want, it breaks. Things will ramp up over the next couple of weeks, I'm sure.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

BetViktor suspend betting on Jordan Hugill to Leeds.

Phil Hay reporting about Jamal Blackman.

Fair enough, not bad players, especially Blackman seems well thought of.

Not convinced by Hugill, just seems the latest average Championship striker being bigged up solely on the basis he works hard and gives his all.

Regardless, bit concerning that neither of these are 1st choice, or even 2nd choice targets.

Hope we have a few aces up our sleeve.
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:00 pm Regardless, bit concerning that neither of these are 1st choice, or even 2nd choice targets.

Hope we have a few aces up our sleeve.
The thing there is though is that the club have upped the quality of the players they are targeting. Think back to January and the agreement we made to sign Jerry Mbakafago. At that point it appeared he was our no.1 target. So we have presumably upped the standard of players we are looking at and as such it is always going to be harder to get those signings - take Gunn for example and he was probably a very realistic target but once Southampton came in then our chances of signing him maybe went from 100% to 0%.

If our standard has risen then the 3rd choice on the list may well be a lot better than the 1st choice last season.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Linked to River Plate goalie Augusto Batalla.

Kemar Roofe linked to WBA and Sheffield United.

Pontus Jansson linkes to WBA

Nelson Oliviera linked to us.
Signed

King Cjay

BrewerLeeds
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BrewerLeeds »

Mallik Wilks on loan at Donny
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

BrewerLeeds wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:06 pm Mallik Wilks on loan at Donny
Are there 11 players left at the club now , must barely be a team (and one of those is still O'FuckingKane :evil: ) .
Its not boding well right now. Bielsa must be thinking he's been shat on , its on par with when Colin took over and was shafted by Bates and had to get dad's army in ( Tonge , Brown, Kenny etc) .