The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 12th July)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 12th July)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

West Brom are reportedly after Pontus Jansson and Kumar Roofe.

They have already snapped up former Leeds target Kyle Bartley for 3.5m, and to rub salt into the wound want to link him up with his former central defensive teammate.

I would be in two minds over Roofe. The 25 year old scored 14 times last season, and seemed to be finding some form. Could a 7m offer persuade Radrizzani to let the former Oxford Utd player go?

According to the article, both players are valued at 10m...

Leeds development player Mallik Wilks has joined Doncaster Rovers on loan until January 2nd.

Let's hope he gets first team football.

According to the Mirror, Leeds have made contact with West Ham United about potentially signing Domingos Quina.

The highly rated 18-year-old has struggled for games at the the Hammers. He has made just six first-team appearances for the London club, and is yet to make his Premiership debut!

Another one for our under 23's?

The Kodjia deal is looking more and more likely, and with Lonergan, Pennington, Lasogga, Grot, Wiedwald, Cibicki, Romario Vieira, Gomes, Denton,Wilks, Coyle and O'Connor off the payroll surely Leeds have freed up enough cash to make the 28 year old an attractive proposition!
hector

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 12th July)

Post by hector »

Mornin Matt,

I don't believe anything any papers or online journo's say about Leeds transfers..

The club are tight lipped for a reason, quite what that reason is I haven't got a clue,but if the club are not saying anything, then anything we read is pure speculation, and should be treated as such...

We just have to wait and see what happens.
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

hector wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:38 am Mornin Matt,

I don't believe anything any papers or online journo's say about Leeds transfers..

The club are tight lipped for a reason, quite what that reason is I haven't got a clue,but if the club are not saying anything, then anything we read is pure speculation, and should be treated as such...

Morning Hector, a few years back there were a lot of leaks from Elland Road, and nobody knew where they were coming from. That tap has well and truly been turned off, and we are being run like a professional club again.

I think some of that credit has to go to Cellino. I think he made a lot of difficult decisions which he got right.
hector

Post by hector »

I agree,

I liked Cellino, I think he saved this club. Pity some of the more vocal fans turned on him.
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:38 am Mornin Matt,

Agree Hector it's all speculation

Who would have predicted the majority of dirge we signed last season to replace established championship players ?

As I've posted previously 'what will be will be'
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Good morning Matt & Hector
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:24 am I agree,

I liked Cellino, I think he saved this club. Pity some of the more vocal fans turned on him.
Many fans will disagree with you however when Cellino arrived we were almost bankrupt again, he had to get rid of the big earners such as McCormack, reduce staff levels/coaching personnel to a bare minimum to stop the rot, also bring in cheap options in an effort to achieve results. In his last couple of seasons he upgraded his playing staff with signings such as Wood, Green, Ayling, Bartley, Jansson & Bridcutt which improved our position in the championship.
Yes he was a fruitcase but not everything he implemented was bad, he did his best on limited funds
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:37 am Good morning Matt & Hector
Morning Leon
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:46 am Many fans will disagree with you however when Cellino arrived we were almost bankrupt again, he had to get rid of the big earners such as McCormack, reduce staff levels/coaching personnel to a bare minimum to stop the rot, also bring in cheap options in an effort to achieve results. In his last couple of seasons he upgraded his playing staff with signings such as Wood, Green, Ayling, Bartley, Jansson & Bridcutt which improved our position in the championship.
Yes he was a fruitcase but not everything he implemented was bad, he did his best on limited funds
Some very good points. Cellino tried to do the right thing, and he wanted Leeds to be successful.

More then you can say about GFH or Bates.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

TRANSFER LATEST

It is likely that the Jamal Blackman deal will go through shortly

Alternatives to Vydra are being investigated.

A couple of other deals bubbling.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

MMW GREEN SOLUTIONS‏@mmwgreen 4m4 minutes ago
Blackman signed last Thursday I understand.

Phil Hay‏@PhilHayYEP
Still to have medical etc but it does look like he'll join. Chelsea in the thick of sorting out Conte's exit