The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 19th July)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 19th July)

Post by Cjay »

Jozefzoon apparently going for a medical at Derby tomorrow, even skint clubs beating us now.

Philips is to short to play cb, we were bullied last season, i find it hard to believe Bielsa would play Phillips at cb. If he does then someone needs to have a word, much as i respect him that is a mistake.

Excited for York, different team, no Berardi, Cooper, Phillips , Dallas!!!!!

Hello Struijk, Clarke, Edmondson.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

60sUnited wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:47 am With reference to Kalvin Phillips as centre back, we are small all over the pitch so why not reduce the height of the back four, makes it exciting when we are defending corners with 6' 5'' centre forwards bearing down on our 5' 8'' defender !! HELP.
:rol:

Suicidal 60's
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Afternoon all, even the most positive amongst us must now be worried at the lack of signings.
hector

Post by hector »

Nope.... not yet, lots of time yet....
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

hector wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:07 pm Nope.... not yet, lots of time yet....
Wish I shared your optimism :tup:
hector

Post by hector »

I look at it this way...

All the players we are rumoured to go for never happens...

We get players out of the blue...

we have hired one of the best coaches in the world, I believe that he can do something with our lot, and that the club have "irons in the fire"

patience is the key
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Not sure there is the need for all the panic over KP training as a centreback. If Bielsa is planning on playing KP as an anchorman type midfielder it makes sense to get KP used to playing as a centreback as he will likely have to drop into that position several times during a match. With KP not being the tallest it may even be that when we get a corner we send the big centrebacks up and KP stays back and as such would then be the primary centreback if the opposition broke quickly. I would be alarmed if we were looking at KP as being a starting centreback in a 442 system wherein there were just 2 centrebacks but doubt very much this would be the case and he will either do as outlined above or possibly as a centreback if we played with 3 centrebacks with the other two doing more of the man marking.

I often used to train players to play in a different position or even play a friendly in a different position just to increase their overall awareness. For example making a winger play fullback should make them realise how hard a job fullbacks have if the winger in front of them doesn't help out and as such when they returned to playing as a winger they would hopefully be less likely to simply think their sole purpose was to attack. You will always get players moaning about players in other positions not 'pulling their weight' and it can really open their eyes when they actually try playing in other positions.

If Bielsa's system is to work then players need to be able to adapt to popping up in different areas on the pitch and also having to fill in in different positions when we are defending if other players are then out of position.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

And FB link to the game at

hxxps://www.facebook.com/groups/329971370814348/?fref=nf
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

WORKING LINK TO GAME

hXXps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0PXgv_1Csw
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:35 am Morning Ratscoot, I wonder what Bielsa is thinking. All our defenders are not exactly blessed with height. I'm no football Manager, but if I were I would want two big physical centre backs in the style of Noel Blake. Defenders that are going to bully forwards and make their life difficult.
Ditto :)
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Working link for the Osset Town game - on now

hxxps://www.facebook.com/ProperSportRadio/