Jack Harrison

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Jack Harrison

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:23 pm Dont say that :verysad:
O'Kane will be on his merry way soon

At the end of last season my thoughts were I wouldn't miss the majority of that failing squad apart from a select few, my hopes are coming to fruition :-D
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:32 pm So you reckon those three along with Saiz, Dallas & Cooper have it in them to be half of a top six side ?
If they play like they did for the first couple of months of last season, then yes.

If Bielsa is the coach he's said to be then he ought to be able to get the most out of them all.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:37 pm O'Kane will be on his merry way soon

At the end of last season my thoughts were I wouldn't miss the majority of that failing squad apart from a select few, my hopes are coming to fruition :-D
Cheers me up a bit.

But on the one hand we trust Bielsa regarding Vieira apparently.

On the other we are meant to believe that Berardi and Cooper are good enough cbs and Kalvin Phillips who played 15 more games then Vieira and only got 15 more votes on MOTM table is a better defensive midfielder?

I trust Bielsa on Harrison and i trust Pep.

But he certainly worries me with the above beliefs.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Hopefully a big improvement on Dallas. I don't really know much about him but it feels like a step down after being linked with Foden and Diaz.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:49 pm If they play like they did for the first couple of months of last season, then yes.

If Bielsa is the coach he's said to be then he ought to be able to get the most out of them all.
They are too inconsistent to see out a whole season, the championship is a marathon not a sprint, you can't polish a turd !
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I really hate cliches
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:21 am They are too inconsistent to see out a whole season, the championship is a marathon not a sprint, you can't polish a turd !
True we were an inconsistent team on the whole last year. Can't remember stand-out player tbh.

Hopefully with better/more disciplined coaching they might improve their consistency. They certainly look fitter, so that should hopefully help with stamina to see games out.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Paddy would have scored that.

Credit to Jack Harrison, been disappointed with him mainly this season but last two games he has shown some real talent when running with the ball and creating chances.

There is a player there, that was real skill in the above clip and intelligence to pick out Roberts.

More please Jack :clap:
Signed

King Cjay

paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

I believe Cjay that if most Leeds fans /supporters are honest with themselves then they would know Harrison is a top player.
Ok he has had poor games but a young man that will improve and become an even better footballer.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:02 pm
Paddy would have scored that.

Credit to Jack Harrison, been disappointed with him mainly this season but last two games he has shown some real talent when running with the ball and creating chances.

There is a player there, that was real skill in the above clip and intelligence to pick out Roberts.

More please Jack :clap:
Shame he can't shoot, could have cost us the game as we should have been coasting at least 0-3 at half-time

Report off the o/s

Leeds pushed for a second and Bamford laid the ball off to Jack Harrison to strike, but his attempt went narrowly wide.

An Ayling strike then deflected off the heel of Tyler Roberts and into the path of Harrison, but his header went off target.

Pablo Hernandez then did well down the right, he played a good low cross into the box, but Harrison couldn’t get the ball under control to convert the chance.

Phillips saw a long range volley go well over, before Harrison dragged an effort wide under pressure in the Bristol box, following some good play from Bamford.

Sometimes I do wonder what some of you see on those bleary streams
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

paddy parrott wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:10 pm I believe Cjay that if most Leeds fans /supporters are honest with themselves then they would know Harrison is a top player.
Ok he has had poor games but a young man that will improve and become an even better footballer.
Clearly has talent, Pep, David Villa and Pirlo have spoken of him in glowing terms.

Needs to improve his end product but he has improved imo.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:58 pm Shame he can't shoot, could have cost us the game as we should have been coasting at least 0-3 at half-time

Report off the o/s

Leeds pushed for a second and Bamford laid the ball off to Jack Harrison to strike, but his attempt went narrowly wide.

An Ayling strike then deflected off the heel of Tyler Roberts and into the path of Harrison, but his header went off target.

Pablo Hernandez then did well down the right, he played a good low cross into the box, but Harrison couldn’t get the ball under control to convert the chance.

Phillips saw a long range volley go well over, before Harrison dragged an effort wide under pressure in the Bristol box, following some good play from Bamford.

Sometimes I do wonder what some of you see on those bleary streams
His end product needs to improve but put it this way, i was baffled why he kept starting over Jack Clarke.

Now i can sort of see why, he deserved to keep his place after WBA and he deserves to again for Reading imo.

There is a talented lad there, at this point of the season if we win and he has some positive moments then im happy.

And bet you were on your feet for the above skill :)
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:08 pm His end product needs to improve but put it this way, i was baffled why he kept starting over Jack Clarke.

Now i can sort of see why, he deserved to keep his place after WBA and he deserves to again for Reading imo.

There is a talented lad there, at this point of the season if we win and he has some positive moments then im happy.

And bet you were on your feet for the above skill :)
I was Cjay, great work from Harrison taking the ball past three defenders & laying it on a plate only for Roberts to shoot straight at the keeper.

At least six opportunities to win the game comfortably today.......normal service resumed.

Truth is we were playing against a rookie keeper plus a shaky defence & for all our play we hardly worked their goalie

No way does he deserve more than 7/10, tucked one or more of those chances away & we'd have been looking at Jack's best score of the season.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:21 am They are too inconsistent to see out a whole season, the championship is a marathon not a sprint, you can't polish a turd !
This is a peach now!

Come to Leeds - we've got turds you can see your face in!
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

His work rate has improved no end and he is showing more - creatively at least.

I think you're being a little harsh, Leon. Mqybe he missed a few chances, but he caused their fullback no end of problems, and on another day (or with Bamford in Roberts' position) he would have had at least one assist.

He pulls players put of position (much like Pablo or Saiz), which makes space for our other attackers. I think he has a tendency to overplay at the moment, but his overall contribution is good.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:58 pm Sometimes I do wonder what some of you see on those bleary streams
Probably see it a lot clearer than fans sat probably 40 to 100 metres away, also sometimes have the benefit of replays from different angles. Really is a remarkable invention this tv thing, I didn't think they would ever improve on the wireless but wow.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:53 am Probably see it a lot clearer than fans sat probably 40 to 100 metres away, also sometimes have the benefit of replays from different angles. Really is a remarkable invention this tv thing, I didn't think they would ever improve on the wireless but wow.
We'll agree to disagree on that point

Had a fantastic view yesterday, back row of the away end

I've had the misfortune to watch streams in the past, thankfully only a few times. You miss big chunks of games with all the buffering, etc....so bl**dy frustrating :x I nearly chucked my laptop up the garden on one occasion, have to say you provided the best one I've seen :tup:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

He's improved a lot recently and added to the team from a defensive and work rate effort, but still doesn't offer enough going forward in terms of creating chances and scoring goals. Only 3 goals and 2 assists is very poor imo. Certainly in comparison to Clarke, or dare I say it, Brown, from an attacking point of view.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:25 am We'll agree to disagree on that point

Had a fantastic view yesterday, back row of the away end

I've had the misfortune to watch streams in the past, thankfully only a few times. You miss big chunks of games with all the buffering, etc....so bl**dy frustrating :x I nearly chucked my laptop up the garden on one occasion, have to say you provided the best one I've seen :tup:
It does depend on the quality of the stream but definitely think that being able to watch incidents/shots etc from several angles gives a better view. If I saw a contentious issue at the match I'd still want to check on tv afterwards, a bit like in 1995 when Man Utd got a penalty against us at Elland Road for a tackle made well outside the area. Although I was sure it was outside it was only when I saw it again on tv that I could be absolutely certain. Similarly I've been next to someone, so we both had the same view, one of us said it was offside the other said it wan't. I do think when attending matches a lot of the time you can be swayed by the opinion of the crowd rather than actually being certain of what you saw or thought you saw.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

SG90 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:58 am He's improved a lot recently and added to the team from a defensive and work rate effort, but still doesn't offer enough going forward in terms of creating chances and scoring goals. Only 3 goals and 2 assists is very poor imo. Certainly in comparison to Clarke, or dare I say it, Brown, from an attacking point of view.
Assists is always a tricky one - created a great chance for Roberts yesterday, Roberts scores and it is an assist. As such Harrison did everything right but didn't get the assist.