Kalvin Phillips

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Kalvin Phillips

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:47 pm Silly season has started early . . . . .

Arsenal, SPurs and Everton apparently want Phillips and Southgate is considering calling him up for England. :oops:

Did ok vs Wednesday (few sloppy passes again) but England and top 6 Prem player . . . . . . . . .
So which notorious blogger from his bedroom has put this information up ?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kalvin for England :eng:

Under the right guidance such as Bielsa, you never know :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I actually believe Kalvin has a decent chance of gaining an international cap if KP keeps on improving especially with the guidance of Bielsa behind him

You don't need to be great to play for England these days
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:34 pm I actually believe Kalvin has a decent chance of gaining an international cap if KP keeps on improving especially with the guidance of Bielsa behind him

If the time ever comes where Kalvin Phillips is considered good enough for England then the English national team is in real trouble.

Villa fans have the same biased view on Grealish because he is a Villa lad.

Kalvin at the moment is a very average Championship midfielder who may not even be the best English midfielder at Leeds (Hello Adam Forshaw).

He has been ok at times, 1 really good game, and a few stinkers imo.

Had his mistakes been punished as they would in the Prem then there wouldn't be any question of his level.

Championship is his level, and without drastic improvement it always will be.

Ryan Woods plays the same position and is far superior to name just one.

He isnt close to Lewis Cook when he was here and Lewis isnt even a Prem regular now.

Jonny Howson was a far better player at the same age and even he looked very average in the Prem most of the time.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:07 pm
Kalvin at the moment is a very average Championship midfielder who may not even be the best English midfielder at Leeds (Hello Adam Forshaw).

He has been ok at times, 1 really good game, and a few stinkers imo.
:rol: :rol: :rol: :rol:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:47 pm Silly season has started early . . . . .

Arsenal, SPurs and Everton apparently want Phillips and Southgate is considering calling him up for England. :oops:

Did ok vs Wednesday (few sloppy passes again) but England and top 6 Prem player . . . . . . . . .
Well Southgate did say he's looking in the Championship and given how well we've started, a Leeds player was bound to be mentioned by the press. I doubt he is in contention, but if he did, Southgate would not use him the way Bielsa does, so it'd be a huge waste.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:16 pm :rol: :rol: :rol: :rol:
Flavour of the month old fruit :)

Same as many before him.

Long way to go before he is even a proven top class Championship player never mind anything else.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

1964white wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:34 pm I actually believe Kalvin has a decent chance of gaining an international cap if KP keeps on improving especially with the guidance of Bielsa behind him

well i actually dont. phillips has improved from last year and proved a few of his doubters wrong but to suggest the lad to go on to play for england is slightly premature . imo he can at times be a liability and his passing as nearly cost us a few times already this year.
if he continue to improve he will be a good player for leeds utd nothing more or less. bielsa is not a magician nor a god !
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

leic white 63 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:21 am well i actually dont. phillips has improved from last year and proved a few of his doubters wrong but to suggest the lad to go on to play for england is slightly premature . imo he can at times be a liability and his passing as nearly cost us a few times already this year.
if he continue to improve he will be a good player for leeds utd nothing more or less. bielsa is not a magician nor a god !
however i do agree 64 that you dont have be that special to play for england these days. lewis cook and a few others are an example of this.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:47 pm Well Southgate did say he's looking in the Championship and given how well we've started, a Leeds player was bound to be mentioned by the press. I doubt he is in contention, but if he did, Southgate would not use him the way Bielsa does, so it'd be a huge waste.
There lies the problem!

Bielsa has knitted Phillips into a position that suits his style of play

Southgate or other coaches could ruin KP
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:07 pm Flavour of the month old fruit :)

Same as many before him.

Long way to go before he is even a proven top class Championship player never mind anything else.
Phillips is already proven top championship player, an important cog of the current Leeds team

Bielsa knows the score !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:21 am well i actually dont. phillips has improved from last year and proved a few of his doubters wrong but to suggest the lad to go on to play for england is slightly premature . imo he can at times be a liability and his passing as nearly cost us a few times already this year.
Because of our passing game errors will occur, all our players have made poor passes that could have cost us. Klich made one v the Owls but does anyone get on his back, no our fans turn a blind eye when it comes to some of their favourite players.

Phillips is already a very good player & has been hugely impressive this season contrary to what some think on here. KP is an important cog of the spine in our team we've sorely lacked over the last umpteenth years
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:13 am Because of our passing game errors will occur, all our players have made poor passes that could have cost us. Klich made one v the Owls but does anyone get on his back, no our fans turn a blind eye when it comes to some of their favourite players.

Phillips is already a very good player & has been hugely impressive this season contrary to what some think on here. KP is an important cog of the spine in our team we've sorely lacked over the last umpteenth years
" Hugely impressive this season " had a very good game v norwich but imo average and ok in others. i agree when kp is on top of his game he is an important player for us especially the system we play. but to label the lad imo a future england international sorry is completely utter ridiculours. and you say some of our fans turn a blind eye tut tut tut :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:10 pm " Hugely impressive this season " had a very good game v norwich but imo average and ok in others. i agree when kp is on top of his game he is an important player for us especially the system we play. but to label the lad imo a future england international sorry is completely utter ridiculours. and you say some of our fans turn a blind eye tut tut tut :)
One decent game, you are joking '63

MOTM contender v Stoke, Derby, Middlesbro', Norwich & Preston

You've change your tune since the 19/09/18. have you joined the KP hate gang ;-)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36361&start=200#p681869
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:10 pm " Hugely impressive this season " had a very good game v norwich but imo average and ok in others. i agree when kp is on top of his game he is an important player for us especially the system we play. but to label the lad imo a future england international sorry is completely utter ridiculours. and you say some of our fans turn a blind eye tut tut tut :)
Watch this space !
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:51 pm Watch this space !
:clap: :) ;-)
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:51 pm Watch this space !
I saw that rumour, also being watched by several "top" Premiership sides as well according to multiple sources.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:02 pm I saw that rumour, also being watched by several "top" Premiership sides as well according to multiple sources.
Pretty certain it's only a rumour Norfolk, I really hope so as I expect KP to continue his excellent form under the guidance of Bielsa. Phillips new role also helps our CB's Jansson & Cooper big-time, they now have someone who does all the dirty work & breaks up play, last season they had no protection whatsoever !
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:50 pm One decent game, you are joking '63

MOTM contender v Stoke, Derby, Middlesbro', Norwich & Preston

You've change your tune since the 19/09/18. have you joined the KP hate gang ;-)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36361&start=200#p681869
not at all. i actually like him if you read my posts . the lads got a bit of grit. but i cant agree he will be an england international. like ive said he had a very good game v norwich and imo average in some of the others.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:12 pm Pretty certain it's only a rumour Norfolk, I really hope so as I expect KP to continue his excellent form under the guidance of Bielsa. Phillips new role also helps our CB's Jansson & Cooper big-time, they now have someone who does all the dirty work & breaks up play, last season they had no protection whatsoever !
I don't see KP going anywhere this season even is an offer came in. Wouldn't be surprised if a few are having a cheeky look though.