En Bielsa confiamos

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

En Bielsa confiamos

Post by Cjay »

Watched the Sky special tonight and i am reinvigorated.

Ok our squad isnt the best on paper.

You'd have to be the most optimistic fan on earth to look at our squad and go "yeah, thats a top 6 squad all day long".

It isnt, there are to many average players who wouldn't get near the better Championship squads 1st 11s.

Players who nobody else really wants from a higher level, otherwise they wouldn't be here, money talks, with 1 or 2 exceptions the players who have been here 2 3 4 years are here because nobody wanted to take them.

However!!!!!

The man that matters most is the bespectacled Argentinian in the dugout.

Read a quote today from France international goalkeeper and Marseille captain Steve Mandanda, “he made almost everyone in this group of players progress”.

And that is what we have to believe in.

That Marcelo Bielsa can somehow find that extra 20% from every player in that squad.

When he arrived there was a theory that he was being appointed with the main aim of improving what was mainly here.

That is clearly the hope.

We are relying on this eccentric, respected, astute, obsessive, legendary coach to squeeze more out of the core of the squad then his predecessors managed.

I have doubts about that in all honesty, not sure it is possible with some of them.

But then Thomas Christiansen, despite what has been said since.

He had that squad in and around the playoffs during his entire spell in charge.

If TC can do it then Bielsa definitely has a chance.

Our squad isnt the best on paper . . . Luckily football isnt played on paper.

In Marcelo We Trust :shirtw: :scarfe2: :scar1
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: En Bielsa confiamos

Post by 1964white »

Continuing from my positive thread yesterday

Bielsa is the major positive appointment this summer
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Loved the 'leading Leeds United' programme last night. It got me wanting Sunday to arrive more than ever.
However, we must not be too up or too down whatever the result on Sunday (although we'll all be well up if we win)
As it stands we have five new players, three of which are yet to kick a ball for us and may not start on Sunday ( I think Douglas will)
This means the side may not be too different from what we finished with last season.
What will be interesting is the formation of the side and the style of play that MB is trying to instill in the players.
Can the players adapt and if so, how long will it take for them to feel comfortable with it?
There are so many questions to be answered. This is the most interesting and eagerly awaited start to a season for LUFC for a long time.
In Marcelo we trust
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:53 am Loved the 'leading Leeds United' programme last night. It got me wanting Sunday to arrive more than ever.
However, we must not be too up or too down whatever the result on Sunday (although we'll all be well up if we win)
As it stands we have five new players, three of which are yet to kick a ball for us and may not start on Sunday ( I think Douglas will)
This means the side may not be too different from what we finished with last season.
What will be interesting is the formation of the side and the style of play that MB is trying to instill in the players.
Can the players adapt and if so, how long will it take for them to feel comfortable with it?
There are so many questions to be answered. This is the most interesting and eagerly awaited start to a season for LUFC for a long time.
In Marcelo we trust
I'm looking forward to the new season, pretty certain we'll be more attractive to watch under Bielsa than much of the turgid stuff I witnessed last season. I do think we are playing Stoke at the right time as they have virtually bought a new team, hopefully the Potters will need time to settle into the hurly burly of the championship.

On another note Chilli, feel free to participate in our competitions on the Predictions Forum
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:01 am I'm looking forward to the new season, pretty certain we'll be more attractive to watch under Bielsa than much of the turgid stuff I witnessed last season. I do think we are playing at the right time as they have virtually bought a new team, hopefully the Potters will need time to settle into the hurly burly of the championship.

On another note Chilli, feel free to participate in our competitions on the Predictions Forum
Thanks 1964, I have just entered a couple when really I should be working.
Not sure I should have joined this forum, it's become an obsession.
I'll be getting sacked if I'm not careful..... :shock:
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:01 am I'm looking forward to the new season, pretty certain we'll be more attractive to watch under Bielsa than much of the turgid stuff I witnessed last season. I do think we are playing Stoke at the right time as they have virtually bought a new team, hopefully the Potters will need time to settle into the hurly burly of the championship.
To be fair, we looked great at the start of last season and we're playing probably the best football I've seen us play in years. We didn't look great vs. Las Palmas in terms of style, but hopefully we can turn it on for the star of the campaign.

Looking forward to seeing us properly. Agree completely Bielsa is a huge positive and if you read any of the interviews with the players (Alioski, Baker and Phillips are ones I've read this morning), they are all confident that the squad is fit and raring, and that sort of confidence can only be a good thing.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Alioski has said Leeds are a team "waiting to explode". I hope he didn't mean implode........