Radz speaks

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Radz speaks

Post by Cjay » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:39 pm

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9285129

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9285186

On Vieira specifically, clear as day we needed the cash and the only player anyone wanted was Vieira, which doesnt say much for the £20mill spent last summer or the rest of the squad.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Radz speaks

Post by faaip » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:49 pm

Massive mistake, and it sounds like Bielsa was a fan too.
"My house is gone and now it's an Ultimart, You can never go home again Oatman, but I guess you can shop there

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:52 pm

faaip wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:49 pm
Massive mistake, and it sounds like Bielsa was a fan too.
Yeah.

Same position as always, sell to buy, very hard to build a promotion capable squad that way.

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:55 pm

Pleased with the comments on Jozefzoon and Hernandez and Vydra, i agree. Although i hope that the money set aside for Vydra is still availability, should be 4mil left.

Glad he acknowledges the poor recruitment last summer but frustrated that its that which raised our wage bill and we have to sell one of our only valuable assets partially because of it.

We needed a striker yes, but we weakened another area to get one, you wont get promotion like that.

From what we were told there should be at least £10-15mil left to spent, pre Vieira we offered £1.5mil for the Pole. £4mil less for Bamford then Vydra plus the £10mil from 49ers.

Again he talks about top 6, personally 1 or 2 signings wont be enough imo, 3 minimum probably more needed.

There should be no question about replacing Vieira, it has to be done. Derby looked like losing Vydra, they brought in Mason Mount, Florian Jozefzoon, Jack Marriott and Harry Wilson, thats what you have to do.

And the last bit about next year next year . Blah
Last edited by Cjay on Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MightyWhites
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by MightyWhites » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:22 pm

No mention of a sell on clause either, which means there isn't one. Or one he wants us to know of. Treating the fans like idiots, similar to our previous owners 😐

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:37 pm

Will always be the same until full disclosure comes in like in the US...well as full as is humanly possible
"My house is gone and now it's an Ultimart, You can never go home again Oatman, but I guess you can shop there

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:23 pm

Cjay wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:39 pm
https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9285129

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9285186

On Vieira specifically, clear as day we needed the cash and the only player anyone wanted was Vieira, which doesnt say much for the £20mill spent last summer or the rest of the squad.
Insisted previously that Radz invests & concentrates more on other ventures than he does on LUFC, that the businessman in him

This season is a golden opportunity to reach the premiership, if only Radz & co push the boat out a little further with two more marquee signings we would be in with a real chance of winning the championship.

1964white

Post by 1964white » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:28 pm

Cjay wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:55 pm

There should be no question about replacing Vieira, it has to be done. Derby looked like losing Vydra, they brought in Mason Mount, Florian Jozefzoon, Jack Marriott and Harry Wilson, thats what you have to do.
That's what other clubs do Cjay, it's called hindsight & moving forward

Radz & co piddled about replacing the likes of Wood, Taylor, Bartley & Green with cheap imitation footballers & thought they could get away with it....infuriating when we had gone so close under Monk

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:39 pm

1964white wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:23 pm
Insisted previously that Radz invests & concentrates more on other ventures than he does on LUFC, that the businessman in him

This season is a golden opportunity to reach the premiership, if only Radz & co push the boat out a little further with two more marquee signings we would be in with a real chance of winning the championship.
You're right, he is a businessman and LUFC was a business opportunity.

You buy a famous old club relatively cheaply, invest a bit, hope to get to the Prem, but never really have a proper go.

Meanwhile whenever your other businesses are mentioned you are going to be introduced and referred to as "Andrea Radrizzani, owner of Leeds United football club".

Its a status thing, its a way of validation.

I dont think Radz means us any harm in the way some owners do, and im sure he would like to get to the Prem.

But as it is he owns a very popular club with a huge following that is a name still in World football which will count for him in his other interests.

He is losing money I'm sure through the club but the status the club brings will outweigh that in other areas, hence the hoovering up of media rights, speculate to accumulate.

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:57 pm

Cjay wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:55 pm
We needed a striker yes, but we weakened another area to get one, you wont get promotion like that.

From what we were told there should be at least £10-15mil left to spent, pre Vieira we offered £1.5mil for the Pole. £4mil less for Bamford then Vydra plus the £10mil from 49ers.
I would disagree with the first comment - a striker banging in 25+ goals could make the difference and is much more likely to be the difference than a midfielder no matter how good he is (barring it being a midfielder scoring or creating the equivalent amount of goals but that isn't Vieira yet). I can certainly see the logic behind that especially if we needed to raise the money and RV was the only saleable asset that would bring in the money needed. It is a long term sacrifice (i.e RV's potential) against a hoped short term gain in that Bamford can get the goals that makes the difference. Add Woods goals to the team last year and we probably would have been top 6 or close.

Now I understand the need to sell to buy but what I find totally wrong is that at the start of the summer all the talk was about marquee signings and that the £10m from the 49ers would be spent on players etc. The supposed war chest was £20m. That baloney drove up the season ticket sales. The reality it seems is that we have only spent £3m on Douglas (if you take RV and PB's fees as cancelling each other out) and that is it nowhere near what we were told.
Senor El Weasel

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:33 am

weasel wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:57 pm
I would disagree with the first comment - a striker banging in 25+ goals could make the difference and is much more likely to be the difference than a midfielder no matter how good he is (barring it being a midfielder scoring or creating the equivalent amount of goals but that isn't Vieira yet). I can certainly see the logic behind that especially if we needed to raise the money and RV was the only saleable asset that would bring in the money needed. It is a long term sacrifice (i.e RV's potential) against a hoped short term gain in that Bamford can get the goals that makes the difference. Add Woods goals to the team last year and we probably would have been top 6 or close.

Now I understand the need to sell to buy but what I find totally wrong is that at the start of the summer all the talk was about marquee signings and that the £10m from the 49ers would be spent on players etc. The supposed war chest was £20m. That baloney drove up the season ticket sales. The reality it seems is that we have only spent £3m on Douglas (if you take RV and PB's fees as cancelling each other out) and that is it nowhere near what we were told.
True regarding Bamford but it wont matter if he scores 1 2 3 goals a game if we are conceding 4 5 6. I think Bielsa was told Vieira was being sold during the negotiations. Makes more sense him hardly playing him more because of that then being the only manager who thinks Kalvin Phillips is a better player. As it stands our cm areas are 2 players down with Vieira and Forshaw out (Vieira was sold after the Forshaw injury).

Agree.

I can accept we are skint, cant accept being lied to or mislead.

How were we going to buy Vydra for example, £4mil more then Bamford?

Radz made such a fuss about Wolves, if what they did was legal he would to.

Mendes helps him sell Vieira, we get 2 ok loans from Chelsea and Bielsa gets Pep to give us one of his lads.

So where is this Wolves stuff? Where is Radz and all his contacts ?

Where is our Jota, Boly etc.

If we need funds why not sell 30% to the 49ers for £27million? Give us a proper transfer budget like we were told.

1964white

Post by 1964white » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:49 am

Cjay wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:33 am
True regarding Bamford but it wont matter if he scores 1 2 3 goals a game if we are conceding 4 5 6. I think Bielsa was told Vieira was being sold during the negotiations. Makes more sense him hardly playing him more because of that then being the only manager who thinks Kalvin Phillips is a better player. As it stands our cm areas are 2 players down with Vieira and Forshaw out (Vieira was sold after the Forshaw injury).

Agree.

I can accept we are skint, cant accept being lied to or mislead.

How were we going to buy Vydra for example, £4mil more then Bamford?

Radz made such a fuss about Wolves, if what they did was legal he would to.

Mendes helps him sell Vieira, we get 2 ok loans from Chelsea and Bielsa gets Pep to give us one of his lads.

So where is this Wolves stuff? Where is Radz and all his contacts ?

Where is our Jota, Boly etc.

If we need funds why not sell 30% to the 49ers for £27million? Give us a proper transfer budget like we were told.
Like I've said previously we are a vehicle for his other ventures, he is not totally committed to Leeds United, thing is he should be !

Norm
Manager
Manager

Post by Norm » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:15 pm

He does make reference to Leeds being a loss-making business at one point in something I read, so when we hear of getting money in, it's not to line the metaphorical pockets of his other businesses but rather to pay off losses. Unfortunately, some of those losses have to have come from the acquisition of so many under-23s in the last year. We need future players but not 186 of them!

What makes it frustrating for me is that there is obviously insufficient commitment to keeping the pearls like Vieira to match the investment he's made in a top-ranked manager. He should have loaned RV out, given Bielsa's liking for him.

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:59 pm

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... radrizzani

Bizarre again from Radz, dont know why he would say this now, what was the reason :duno:

Genghers
Manager
Manager

Post by Genghers » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:59 pm

Yeah, it's an absolutely bizarre decision to say that your current manager, who is doing exceedingly well, was your 4th choice...

Wouldn't have wanted Martinez, personally, and I feel like Ranieri and Conte would have been gambles, especially if Conte was going to be on £20m!

Norm
Manager
Manager

Post by Norm » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:37 pm

His timing does seem a tad off - not what Bielsa would want to hear as the first sentence.

Norm
Manager
Manager

Post by Norm » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:40 pm

Besides, who wants a manager who sulked through a season? He would be wanting the big signings now now now!

SG90
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by SG90 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:07 pm

Another pr gaffe. Why can't he just be quiet and focus on his business deals or something? This isn't what we need.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:33 pm

Just like MB's lack of English I have no problem with Rads comments...

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:39 pm

Just seems like a "look at me" comment and some name drops.

Not necessary

And no way would he have paid Conte 20mil.

Talk up Bielsa thats all he needed to do, no need for the rest imo.