Bear necessities....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Bear necessities....

Post by 1964white »

A topic to touch Becchio Bear's heart :bear:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/45087224

Having spent 27 years in tiny cages, four Japanese bears have now got a new home in the UK.

Riku, Kai, Hanako and Amu are endangered brown bears.

They used to live at the Ainu Cultural Museum on Hokkaido, one of Japan's islands.

The museum wasn't able to look after them any longer and their cages were old and very small, so they needed somewhere else to live.

There was no room for them at any of the zoos in Japan so one in England offered to take them.

It meant a journey of more than 5400 miles from Japan to the Yorkshire Wildlife Park.
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Bear necessities....

Post by billysboots »

:tup: thumbs up to Yorkshire Wildlife.
There Is Only One United.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Awww lovely. Only been to the Yorkshire Wildlife Park once, will have to go back again and see the bears :love: and of course it is in my hometown of Donny :) :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:13 pm Awww lovely. Only been to the Yorkshire Wildlife Park once, will have to go back again and see the bears :love: and of course it is in my hometown of Donny :) :bear:
Thought of you & the Donny connection when it was first shown on the BBC news yesterday morning
1964white

Post by 1964white »

billysboots wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:06 pm :tup: thumbs up to Yorkshire Wildlife.
Great work by the YW, they went to incredible measures to keep the bears calm & cool
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

The Yorkshire Wildlife Park really is a great day out, I’ve been a couple of times recently and was amazed how good it is. The animals have loads of space to roam and it’s all about animal welfare and keeping them in surroundings where they feel at home. Well worth a visit and you save a couple of pounds if you book online 24 hrs in advance plus you beat the queues at the gate.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

I second that Rich, it really is a great day out for both kids and adults with a wide variety of animals to see, including Polar Bears !
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

What a fantastic story. Now, very happy bears living in Yorkshire :)