Bailey Peacock-Farrell

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Bailey Peacock-Farrell

Post by Chilli D »

My opinion for what it's worth:
He only got his chance last season because Weidwald was so inept but it was two years too soon.
He needs to fill out a bit (muscle not fat obviously)
He neither commands his area or is anywhere near vocal enough
He should be taken out of the firing line now for his own good. He'll be well aware he has cost us goals which will only make him more nervous.
It's time to give Jamal Blackman his chance. He's taller, physically more imposing and is further along development and experience wise.
I said before a ball was kicked this season, we should have got another keeper who would contest the first team place with Blackman and let BPF continue learning his trade in U23's
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

i agree with everything chilli said . lets not forget the kid made a clanger for ireland aswell.
not sure that blackman is any better tho , not seen enough of him to judge but under recent circumstances he deserves his chance otherwise whats the point him being here. try and error !
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

It's not his fault that he's been dumped in at the deep end. Owner and manager should have got together and brought in an experienced keeper in the summer. He's doing his best for what it's worth. If everyone starts slagging the kid off it's not gonna do him, the team or any of us any good.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:11 pm It's not his fault that he's been dumped in at the deep end. Owner and manager should have got together and brought in an experienced keeper in the summer. He's doing his best for what it's worth. If everyone starts slagging the kid off it's not gonna do him, the team or any of us any good.
Our owner would rather spend dosh on his other business ventures

Bielsa is our only hope, as I said at the start of the season he is not a miracle worker, lose anymore of our better players particularly Pontus & Hernandez & we'll struggle big-time as we have inadequate cover. I dread it every time one of our players go down & require treatment.
Eireleeds1
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @kevingaff

Post by Eireleeds1 »

BPF is still between the posts due to penny pinching. I suspect every fans realises that but some will try to ignore the fact. In fact, if it was allowed, Ive no doubt wed have a squad comprised entirely of loanees and academy kids
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Eireleeds1 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:31 am BPF is still between the posts due to penny pinching. I suspect every fans realises that but some will try to ignore the fact. In fact, if it was allowed, Ive no doubt wed have a squad comprised entirely of loanees and academy kids
The goals BPF has cost us are starting to mount up, my granny could have saved that long range shot.

We are so vulnerable in key positions

RADZ TAKE NOTE FOR THE SAKE OF LEEDS UNITED & IT'S LOYAL FANS
Eireleeds1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Eireleeds1 »

1964white wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:18 am The goals BPF has cost us are starting to mount up, my granny could have saved that long range shot.

We are so vulnerable in key positions

RADZ TAKE NOTE FOR THE SAKE OF LEEDS UNITED & IT'S LOYAL FANS
Wheres Rob Greene when you need him
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Eireleeds1 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:50 am Wheres Rob Greene when you need him
True Eire I always believe you need an experienced keeper especially at a club like Leeds

Lewie Coyle plays 15 games & is sent out on loan, 60 games at Fleetwood & he's still not in our squad

BPF plays 11 games & becomes automatic first choice keeper

It doesn't make sense !
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

~I dont get why it is taboo to drop keepers as it "damages their confidence"
All i can say is tough
Fact is, BPF has done ok but like Saiz needs a break. IF in the next home game we go down 1-0 to a soft goal it could break him.
Give Blackman and chance and see how we go. Blackman has 2 weeks as well in which to get to grips with the first team system
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Just watched the 5 goals in the game and the best finish by far was from Pablo
The WBA finishes werent that great. On target but fairly easy training ground saves
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:38 pm Our owner would rather spend dosh on his other business ventures
And rightly so as he knows that industry inside out and knows where to invest, how much etc and knows what it will guarantee in return. Football is such a risky business where money doesn't always guarantee results (although it helps).

AR is doing a lot of things right but why should he risk his own fortune by investing with no guaranteed returns?
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Chilli D wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:37 pm My opinion for what it's worth:
He only got his chance last season because Weidwald was so inept but it was two years too soon.
He needs to fill out a bit (muscle not fat obviously)
He neither commands his area or is anywhere near vocal enough
He should be taken out of the firing line now for his own good. He'll be well aware he has cost us goals which will only make him more nervous.
It's time to give Jamal Blackman his chance. He's taller, physically more imposing and is further along development and experience wise.
I said before a ball was kicked this season, we should have got another keeper who would contest the first team place with Blackman and let BPF continue learning his trade in U23's
Absolutely spot on !!!
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:16 pm And rightly so as he knows that industry inside out and knows where to invest, how much etc and knows what it will guarantee in return. Football is such a risky business where money doesn't always guarantee results (although it helps).

AR is doing a lot of things right but why should he risk his own fortune by investing with no guaranteed returns?
He didnt have to buy a 2nd division club that everyone knows is very unlikely to make a profie.

He didnt have to act like a jealous child and then spout off about how he knows all these people like Wolves and would do the same if it was legal then not.

The Wolves thing still bothers me.

Where are all these top class players Radz said he could get using his connections?

Penny pinching is why we have such a thin squad.

Its why we havea keeper who was dreadful for York in goal. Its why we have loanees a well respected manager doesnt believe are good enough its why we have players like Dallas and Cooper in the 1st 11.

Radz promised much more and didnt deliver.

Bielsa is great but a coach can only do so much.

Would Nuno have got Wolves up without the squad his owners connections gave him? No way.

Radz said he had those sort of connections, where are those sort of players?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Eireleeds1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Eireleeds1 »

Cjay wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:18 pm He didnt have to buy a 2nd division club that everyone knows is very unlikely to make a profie.

He didnt have to act like a jealous child and then spout off about how he knows all these people like Wolves and would do the same if it was legal then not.

The Wolves thing still bothers me.

Where are all these top class players Radz said he could get using his connections?

Penny pinching is why we have such a thin squad.

Its why we havea keeper who was dreadful for York in goal. Its why we have loanees a well respected manager doesnt believe are good enough its why we have players like Dallas and Cooper in the 1st 11.

Radz promised much more and didnt deliver.

Bielsa is great but a coach can only do so much.

Would Nuno have got Wolves up without the squad his owners connections gave him? No way.

Radz said he had those sort of connections, where are those sort of players?
Id have to say cjay, that is all spot on. This is the most even league in years and will be won with less than 90 points likely. Any kind of decent backing and Bielsa could have managed that and hopefully he still will. Mind you, Rad has a lot of fans and youd get a rollicking for saying that on twitter
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Radz has done way more right than wrong, but I don't think he's above reproach. He made a hugely positive move in getting in Bielsa who is the best coach in this league. But he does need the tools to work with, and whilst he's an honourable man who doesn't bad-mouth players, he must know that we are weak in certain areas. I don't believe he's arrogant enough to think he can turn our more average players into something they're not, so he should be knocking on AR's door demanding backing. I think, in time, BPF will be a top flight keeper, but this season is a good as chance as we've had in years to get out of this league and we can't afford to carry passengers in such a crucial position. I don't know if Blackman is any better, but BPF's lack of command of his area concerns me greatly. Have to question what our goalkeeping coaches are doing with him, they must be able to see that that is a weakness.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Eireleeds1 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:23 pm Id have to say cjay, that is all spot on. This is the most even league in years and will be won with less than 90 points likely. Any kind of decent backing and Bielsa could have managed that and hopefully he still will. Mind you, Rad has a lot of fans and youd get a rollicking for saying that on twitter
There's still time, as you say its an even league and Bielsa has done brilliantly so far on the whole with what isnt imo a top 6 squad.

Radz has done good things but the 1 thing that matters most to fans he hasnt done, backed his manager.

Was concerned that Radz would hope Bielsa would be enough, lest we forget all last season we were told by Radz and his minions "this is a top 6 squad".
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

lufc1304 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:55 pm Radz has done way more right than wrong, but I don't think he's above reproach. He made a hugely positive move in getting in Bielsa who is the best coach in this league. But he does need the tools to work with, and whilst he's an honourable man who doesn't bad-mouth players, he must know that we are weak in certain areas. I don't believe he's arrogant enough to think he can turn our more average players into something they're not, so he should be knocking on AR's door demanding backing. I think, in time, BPF will be a top flight keeper, but this season is a good as chance as we've had in years to get out of this league and we can't afford to carry passengers in such a crucial position. I don't know if Blackman is any better, but BPF's lack of command of his area concerns me greatly. Have to question what our goalkeeping coaches are doing with him, they must be able to see that that is a weakness.
I'm not so sure he will tbh.

He is young but there are younger keepers who have done better then BPF and still arent top flight keepers now.

Angus Gunn, Daniel Bentley, Alex McCarthy etc.

Others who showed more then BPF at a similar age and still arent top level players.

I think BPF is fortunate to have come in just because the previous 2 choices were poor.

Had he come in after Rob Green or Kasper Schmeichel then no way would anyone think he is a future top flight goalie.

There is so much wrong with his game at the moment.

Dodgy from long shots, not entirely convincing from short shots either, no command of his area, people say his distribution is good but is it so hard to pass 10 yards to Liam Cooper? He certainly isnt spraying passes and starting attacks like Bentley does or Ederson for City.

As you say still young, he may very well improve, but if we keep him as number 1 much longer then the notoriously unforgiving LUFC social media fan base will destroy him, its already starting unfortunately, he is being tweeted abuse.

Already dropped a clanger for his country to, he isnt good enough for the level he is being asked to play, not his fault, thats down to management.

As for Blackman i can only go back to what Blades fans told me when i asked.

Mainly positive and sad to see him go.

I doubt many Leeds fans would say that about BPF.

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?t ... man.64659/
Signed

King Cjay

leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

lufc1304 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:55 pm Radz has done way more right than wrong, but I don't think he's above reproach. He made a hugely positive move in getting in Bielsa who is the best coach in this league. But he does need the tools to work with, and whilst he's an honourable man who doesn't bad-mouth players, he must know that we are weak in certain areas. I don't believe he's arrogant enough to think he can turn our more average players into something they're not, so he should be knocking on AR's door demanding backing. I think, in time, BPF will be a top flight keeper, but this season is a good as chance as we've had in years to get out of this league and we can't afford to carry passengers in such a crucial position. I don't know if Blackman is any better, but BPF's lack of command of his area concerns me greatly. Have to question what our goalkeeping coaches are doing with him, they must be able to see that that is a weakness.
orta is the one who got bielsa. radz hasnt a scooby how to run a football club he as admitted this thats why he appointed orta and his sidekick kinnear and the reason why monk walked. the facts are the owner exploits and continues to rip our fans off . he wants to do it all on the cheap . hes all f**king smoke screens and mirrors !
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

I can’t believe what I’m reading on this thread, we suffer a 4-1 defeat to West Brom and it’s all doom and gloom, the owners a tight wad and clueless, BPF isn’t fit to pull on the shirt.
Come on, things aren’t that bad. We are going to lose games and we were well below par but it’s not the end of the world. Radz has invested a huge amount of money in what is a very risky business, especially as there’s still the ghost of Bates lurking in the accounts.

Two wins against Bristol City and Reading and all this negativity will be forgotten.

Remember we lost to Newcastle 5-2 in our promotion season 89/90 and we never looked back.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:45 pm I can’t believe what I’m reading on this thread, we suffer a 4-1 defeat to West Brom and it’s all doom and gloom, the owners a tight wad and clueless, BPF isn’t fit to pull on the shirt.
Come on, things aren’t that bad. We are going to lose games and we were well below par but it’s not the end of the world. Radz has invested a huge amount of money in what is a very risky business, especially as there’s still the ghost of Bates lurking in the accounts.

Two wins against Bristol City and Reading and all this negativity will be forgotten.

Remember we lost to Newcastle 5-2 in our promotion season 89/90 and we never looked back.
we invested in some real quality in 89/90 ! the miser should follow suit .