Bailey Peacock-Farrell

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Bailey Peacock-Farrell

Post by Dalton »

Yes, definitely 2 points gained thanks to the lad.
Massive confidence booster and the same for Dallas which can only be good
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:30 am I thought the BPF thread would have been busy this morning but obviously people are not as quick to praise as they are to criticise.
As I see it, he’s very young and at times naive but he’s been thrown in and done, on the whole, very well. He will have read that Bielsa was going to drop him prior to his injury but has bounced back. He’s learning all the time and his game imo is improving.
We should all remember that come May. last nights “at the death” penalty save and the extra 2 points could be absolutely crucial.
Had Reading equalised it would have felt like a defeat and who knows how we would have reacted in our next game, as it is the players left the field, and in particular BPF celebrating like we’d been promoted. It will have been a huge confidence boost not just for our underfire keeper but the team as a whole and will give them a big lift to go to The Blades on Saturday and hopefully come away with a result.
I totally agree with your comments Rich, well done to the lad.
I will however defend mine. I have never criticized his individual errors because all players make them. All I have said is that he should have been taken out of the firing line for his own good. He's still young and learning his trade and conceding some of the goals the way he did would have knocked his confidence.
However, fate lent a hand and Blackman's broken leg means that BFP retains the jersey at least until January when Angus Kinnear has stated that we will look to sign another keeper.
You're absolutely right about how crucial that penalty save could be come the end of the season. Promotions and relegations swing on incidents such as that.
The noise the crowd made when he saved the penalty nearly lifted the roof off.

Chilli
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Like the majority of our fans I really thought we blown two points last night

Step up to the plate BPF with a superb penalty save

Hopefully the save will give Peacock-Farrell a confidence boost in future games after one or two wobbles that initially cost him his first-team place

Pleased for the lad :-D
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Just another in the long line of our players getting judged too early!! Saiz could pass or shout a few weeks back, now people are calling for him to start, the moral of the story, don’t be so quick to react, 46 games, players have dips, but in BPF case he’s young, in experienced, playing in the hardest position on the pitch where any mistake can be a big one.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

dezzy wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:26 pm Just another in the long line of our players getting judged too early!! Saiz could pass or shout a few weeks back, now people are calling for him to start, the moral of the story, don’t be so quick to react, 46 games, players have dips, but in BPF case he’s young, in experienced, playing in the hardest position on the pitch where any mistake can be a big one.
part n parcel of football dezzy. one minute you a villain and next you a hero. goes with the territory .
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Needs dropping ....takes too long to post his name
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

leic white 63 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:59 pm part n parcel of football dezzy. one minute you a villain and next you a hero. goes with the territory .
For some yes,
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

dezzy wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:26 pm 46 games, players have dips, but in BPF case he’s young, in experienced, playing in the hardest position on the pitch where any mistake can be a big one.
Correct dezzy. Talk about him being thrown in at the deep end. Blimey, we're second in the table with a very young man between the sticks....he's still learning the trade. He's not doing a bad job in my book and ALL goalies make mistakes! That penalty save last night was top class....well done young Bailey :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:02 pm Needs dropping ....takes too long to post his name
Nearly choked on my cough sweet, until I read the witty bit :lol:
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:45 pm Correct dezzy. Talk about him being thrown in at the deep end. Blimey, we're second in the table with a very young man between the sticks....he's still learning the trade. He's not doing a bad job in my book and ALL goalies make mistakes! That penalty save last night was top class....well done young Bailey :)
Well said Whiteswan, thrown in at the deep end and he’s swimming!! :)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

BPF has had good and bad games but that was to be expected given his age and huge lack of experience. It was the right call for him to be dropped as it could easily have turned into another Felix Wiedwald or Paul Rabchuka situation where the crowd got on his back and destroyed his confidence. BPF will make mistakes, every keeper does, and he will likely make a few due to his lack of experience - it's how you learn.Hopefully though the mistakes will not be from a lack of confidence or because the crowd gets to him. Delighted that he had his huge moment and hopefully it will give him a huge boost of confidence as a player is a million times better when they play with confidence.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

After the game man of the match Kalvin Philips was interviewed by Eddie Gray. In this interview he was asked about BPF'S penalty save. He told Eddie that BPF hadn't been himself the past few weeks because of all the criticism he's been getting. But with the support of the fans and now with that save he will have more confidence. Just goes to show how knocking such a young lad can have such a negative effect. (It's a good interview but I don't know how to set it up on Kalvin's topic!)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:40 pm After the game man of the match Kalvin Philips was interviewed by Eddie Gray. In this interview he was asked about BPF'S penalty save. He told Eddie that BPF hadn't been himself the past few weeks because of all the criticism he's been getting. But with the support of the fans and now with that save he will have more confidence. Just goes to show how knocking such a young lad can have such a negative effect. (It's a good interview but I don't know how to set it up on Kalvin's topic!)
I've posted the full interview on the Kalvin Phillips thread Swannie
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Bielsa on BPF - using a rollercoaster metaphor. Says when you're on the way down, you're gathering speed to go up again.
Gotta love that attitude, that’s how players grow and improve
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:20 pm I've posted the full interview on the Kalvin Phillips thread Swannie
:) Thank You 64 :)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I know BPF has received criticism over the course of the season for the odd mistake or two but crikey the Fulham keeper yesterday was abysmal. Should have saved 3 of the 4 goals conceded and should have also made some sort of effort to save the other one (Lukaku's) were he made no attempt to make himself big and went down slower than the Titanic.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

weasel wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:35 am I know BPF has received criticism over the course of the season for the odd mistake or two but crikey the Fulham keeper yesterday was abysmal. Should have saved 3 of the 4 goals conceded and should have also made some sort of effort to save the other one (Lukaku's) were he made no attempt to make himself big and went down slower than the Titanic.
not to knock the kid but he nearly cost us again yesterday.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Again at fault for 1 and possibly partially 2 goals.

Clearly needs to be replaced and does seem the club are trying, wish we'd show bit more urgency like other clubs have but hey ho.

The most telling thing for me though is watching Pontus interaction with BPF.

Pontus has been clearly furious with BPF on multiple occasions.

Especially with regard the not coming off his line, which is why i think despite the crap backpass yesterday if BPF had been more decisive like the Forest keeper yesterday then he may have got to Colback yesterday.

But yes, once your defence loses confidence in you (and I'm certain Pontus has) then you have to be replaced.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

I think it is a shame Huffer and Halme havent and didnt play. I saw them V Bristol and they looked ok.
Any Keeper would say you come out and commit or you dont. BPF ended up in no mans land which made it easy for the attacker.
I couldnt help but think he had his mind on the Brentford pen and stopped in his tracks
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
pembswhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by pembswhite »

One penalty save doesn’t make a season. He has been no better than mediocre in most of the games I’ve seen since. In most of the recent games the opposing teams seem to have a hell of a good return on their efforts on target to goals ratio. This is the one position that we have to sort out ASAP !