Meeting at games

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
LUFCT0mmy
Ballboy
Ballboy

Meeting at games

Post by LUFCT0mmy »

Hello Gents/Ladies,

Firstly I would just like to say hello and introduce myself. I'm Tom, I'm 25 been a Leeds fan since I was a young child, could still reel off my tongue the team we had back in the early 2000's lol. I've joined the forum to talk Leeds with fellow fans!

I've very recently just become a season ticket holder this season and my first game will be Boro this Friday night. I was wondering over the coming season if anybody else on here is a season ticket holder? And if there is anybody I could get chatting too at the games or even a pint or two before?

I will technically be on my 'own' for most of the games so it would be good to get to know some other fans who go regularly!

Thanks everyone, sorry for the essay haha.
Last edited by LUFCT0mmy on Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Introducing myself/season ticket holders

Post by Norm »

Hi Tom - welcome to our happy band.
I live in the U.S. so will not be meeting you anytime soon but I'm sure you will meet several of our members who are season-ticket holders.
Best of luck - Leeds to beat 'Boro. :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We have a introduce yourself thread (kind of ) top of general chat

Welcome

I'm sure Leon (1964 White and mod here) will absolutely let you buy him a pint and subsequent reciprocation, he's been a season ticket holder for god knows how many years ...if you talk music as well he'll be even happier
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:40 pm We have a introduce yourself thread (kind of ) top of general chat

Welcome

I'm sure Leon (1964 White and mod here) will absolutely let you buy him a pint and subsequent reciprocation, he's been a season ticket holder for god knows how many years ...if you talk music as well he'll be even happier
Ha ha you know me too well :)
LUFCT0mmy
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by LUFCT0mmy »

Thanks for the welcome lads

I'm a season ticket virgin, this will be my first season as a holder! I'll talk anything, it's always better over a pint haha
M.O.T
1964white

Post by 1964white »

LUFCT0mmy wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:23 pm Hello Gents/Ladies,

Firstly I would just like to say hello and introduce myself. I'm Tom, I'm 25 been a Leeds fan since I was a young child, could still reel off my tongue the team we had back in the early 2000's lol. I've joined the forum to talk Leeds with fellow fans!

I've very recently just become a season ticket holder this season and my first game will be Boro this Friday night. I was wondering over the coming season if anybody else on here is a season ticket holder? And if there is anybody I could get chatting too at the games or even a pint or two before?

I will technically be on my 'own' for most of the games so it would be good to get to know some other fans who go regularly!

Thanks everyone, sorry for the essay haha.
Hi Tom

Welcome to MOT

I'm a season-ticket holder in the Revie Stand & generally have a pint in one of the kop bars with friends I've known for many years. You are quite welcome to join us Tom

What Stand are you in ?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:54 pm Ha ha you know me too well :)
I do, and despite the frequent football disagreements ..total respect mate
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
LUFCT0mmy
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by LUFCT0mmy »

1964white wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:00 pm Hi Tom

Welcome to MOT

I'm a season-ticket holder in the Revie Stand & generally have a pint in one of the kop bars with friends I've known for many years. You are quite welcome to join us Tom

What Stand are you in ?

Hello!

Yes that would be great, thanks! It would just be nice to get to know some other fans whilst at a game instead of it always seeming like I'm on my own.
I'm sat in the north west corner/section F24

This may sound bad and you may think why does he have a season ticket, but I have never been to Elland Road, though always wanting too and having been a fan since childhood, so everything will be new to me til I get my whereabouts.
M.O.T
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

Welcome Tommy, I've been in the N. E. Corner for several years now, this year I'm in the "cheap seats".
You'll soon get to know some fellow Leeds fans.
We're a friendly bunch.
LUFCT0mmy
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by LUFCT0mmy »

Haighy wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:04 pm Welcome Tommy, I've been in the N. E. Corner for several years now, this year I'm in the "cheap seats".
We're a friendly bunch.
Hello mate, I'm looking forward to it!
M.O.T
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:09 pm I do, and despite the frequent football disagreements ..total respect mate
Me too mate :tup:

Btw you was right about Roofe & I judged him totally wrong
1964white

Post by 1964white »

LUFCT0mmy wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:10 pm Hello!

Yes that would be great, thanks! It would just be nice to get to know some other fans whilst at a game instead of it always seeming like I'm on my own.
I'm sat in the north west corner/section F24

This may sound bad and you may think why does he have a season ticket, but I have never been to Elland Road, though always wanting too and having been a fan since childhood, so everything will be new to me til I get my whereabouts.
You'll get a good view in the North West corner, it does have separate bars to the kop though.
We do tend to drink in the outside kop bar during the summer/autumn months, so we could meet there Tom, all you need to do is show your season-ticket to one of the stewards at the barriers.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Haighy wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:04 pm Welcome Tommy, I've been in the N. E. Corner for several years now, this year I'm in the "cheap seats".
We're a friendly bunch.
Another good position in the ground Haighy
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

1964white wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:36 pm Another good position in the ground Haighy
Last time i was in there was for the Leeds v scum youth cup final !!
Forgot how high up it is.
You do get a good view though.
LUFCT0mmy
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by LUFCT0mmy »

1964white wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:35 pm You'll get a good view in the North West corner, it does have separate bars to the kop though.
We do tend to drink in the outside kop bar during the summer/autumn months, so we could meet there Tom, all you need to do is show your season-ticket to one of the stewards at the barriers.
I'm looking forward to it, I really am. Waited all my life for this! But yes, that sounds good mate. You will have to let me know the directions to the bar haha and what game.
M.O.T
LUFCT0mmy
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: Season ticket holders

Post by LUFCT0mmy »

Is there anybody else here that has a season ticket or goes regular, that would be willing to get to know a new face before or during the games? :-)
M.O.T
1964white

Post by 1964white »

LUFCT0mmy wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:17 pm I'm looking forward to it, I really am. Waited all my life for this! But yes, that sounds good mate. You will have to let me know the directions to the bar haha and what game.
Pm your mobile number Tom

I'll be at the Middlesbro' game although I expect we may arrive late because of the Friday evening traffic so we may not get a chance to have a pint before the game.
LUFCT0mmy
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by LUFCT0mmy »

1964white wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:59 pm Pm your mobile number Tom

I'll be at the Middlesbro' game although I expect we may arrive late because of the Friday evening traffic so we may not get a chance to have a pint before the game.
Will do mate.
Yeah that's understandable, I need to find my way round anyway haha.
It will be good just to say hello!
M.O.T
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Meeting at games

Post by beer belly bert »

Welcomw aboard Tom , are you from Leeds ??
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
LUFCT0mmy
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: Meeting at games

Post by LUFCT0mmy »

beer belly bert wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:31 pm Welcomw aboard Tom , are you from Leeds ??
Thanks mate, no I'm from Doncaster!
M.O.T