Recommended TV Drama

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The Bodyguard/Strangers/Killing Eve

Post by Mrs64 »

Enjoying Strangers, not as good as The Bodyguard

I'm not that enthralled with Killing Eve, too much violence for my liking & I can't warm to the main characters
hector

Post by hector »

Mrs H is not too fussed about Killing Eve.... I know this because we watched episode 5 last night and she sighed and asked how many more to go......

I quite like it, but a bit too far fetched....
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Had to rack my brains as to where I'd seen the actress who plays Caroline in killing Eve. She was the awful Aunt of Harry Potter, who made him sleep under the stairs....also, the actress who plays Villanella played Kate (the other woman) in Dr Foster. Both very different roles for the actors
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:29 pm Had to rack my brains as to where I'd seen the actress who plays Caroline in killing Eve. She was the awful Aunt of Harry Potter, who made him sleep under the stairs....also, the actress who plays Villanella played Kate (the other woman) in Dr Foster. Both very different roles for the actors
I knew I'd seen the actress who plays Villanella, that's the series she was in Dr Foster.

Thank you Swannie :tup:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Woah! Watched the last episode of Killing Eve last night. The whole series? Yes, very far fetched, yes, very violent, but I thought it had some beautifully worked subtle comedy moments played out within the 8 episodes. Didn't end how I expected, but that's good. I loved the characters ( I know Jill didn't)......
What does anyone think of the music throughout the series....
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:15 am Woah! Watched the last episode of Killing Eve last night. The whole series? Yes, very far fetched, yes, very violent, but I thought it had some beautifully worked subtle comedy moments played out within the 8 episodes. Didn't end how I expected, but that's good. I loved the characters ( I know Jill didn't)......
What does anyone think of the music throughout the series....
Great series Swannie, thoroughly enjoyed it, no problem with it being far fetched, bit of escapism is what we watch for. Also liked the soundtrack but couldn’t actually tell you what any of them were.

Anyone start watching Informer last night, thought that has started well :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:19 am Great series Swannie, thoroughly enjoyed it, no problem with it being far fetched, bit of escapism is what we watch for. Also liked the soundtrack but couldn’t actually tell you what any of them were.

Anyone start watching Informer last night, thought that has started well :tup:
https://www.tunefind.com/show/killing-eve/season-1
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Very impressed with the Unloved

"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:19 am Anyone start watching Informer last night, thought that has started well :tup:
Yes Norfolk, a little confusing but we'll stick with it
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'll skip the Informer, I hate political thrillers as much as I hate Gangster movies
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Cheers muchly :tup:
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:38 am Yes Norfolk, a little confusing but we'll stick with it
Certainly has me looking forward to ep2 - sure there will be some twists and turns along the way.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

faaip wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:41 am I'll skip the Informer, I hate political thrillers as much as I hate Gangster movies
Musicals for me, can’t abide them :)
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

I have been watching Strangers and it is ok but you do find yourself saying "get on with it"!!
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
gessa

Post by gessa »

Dalton wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:11 pm I have been watching Strangers and it is ok but you do find yourself saying "get on with it"!!
Exactlt how i felt, ITV do draw them out, the last series of Broadchurch was exactly the same.
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

haha! AGREED! I only watched Broadchurch 3 and it drove me nuts!!

It's like pointing the finger at about 10 people and then saying the butler did it
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:10 pm Musicals for me, can’t abide them :)
Me neither Norfolk. But my fave all time film is 'The Sound or Music' (memories from childhood) and the other week we watched 'The Greates showman'....twice :shock: but only because we'd seen Jane McDonald perform two songs from the film, 'This is Me' and 'Never Enough' live at The Ipswich Regent. Jane's performance was better than the film's I have to say....but then I would :love:
A good 'feel good' film though Norfolk :)
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:50 pm Me neither Norfolk. But my fave all time film is 'The Sound or Music' (memories from childhood) and the other week we watched 'The Greates showman'....twice :shock: but only because we'd seen Jane McDonald perform two songs from the film, 'This is Me' and 'Never Enough' live at The Ipswich Regent. Jane's performance was better than the film's I have to say....but then I would :love:
A good 'feel good' film though Norfolk :)
Hmmmm......I might take a bit more convincing ;-) :lol:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Loved every second of every series of Broadchurch ....
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Please can someone explain to me the ending of the last episode of 'Killing Eve' ??

Totally baffled :?