Recommended TV Drama

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Recommended TV Drama

Post by Mrs64 »

Anyone watching the new BBC series The Bodyguard, a political thriller from the creator of Line Of Duty? Looking forward to episode 2 tonight
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The Bodyguard

Post by Gandalf »

Yeah, I watched it. Was OK, but obviously building up to his PTSD making him more dangerous to the Home Sec. than any attacker. Knowing Mercurio, I'm sure that there are a few twists to come. Didn't realise that the male lead was Robb Stark, until the credits came up. No beard and Scottish ?
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Haven't seen it yet. Mr Swan said to me only half an hour ago "are you recording Keely Hawes Bodyguard". I hadn't heard about it but on recommendation from something he'd read about it I've downloaded last night's episode and the rest on season pass. We'll wait until all 6 are recorded and then watch them on consecutive nights.......so I'd better keep away from this thread I reckon....
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Gandalf wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:20 pm Yeah, I watched it. Was OK, but obviously building up to his PTSD making him more dangerous to the Home Sec. than any attacker. Knowing Mercurio, I'm sure that there are a few twists to come. Didn't realise that the male lead was Robb Stark, until the credits came up. No beard and Scottish ?
Was driving me nuts what I’d seen him in before!
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

I've been binge watching Billions on Sky Box Sets, two more to go and I have caught up. I'm usually months behind everyone else when new stuff comes out, Broadchurch aired it's final episode before I got around to watching Series 1 Episode 1
gessa

Post by gessa »

Tend to wait until a series finishes then binge watch on catch up, this is one we'll be watching. Do episode 1 before 2 starts then watch thst live.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mrs 64 & I will be watching at 9pm over a glass of scotch :tumbler:
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:32 pm Mrs 64 & I will be watching at 9pm over a glass of scotch :tumbler:
Which Scotch would that be?
I haven't partaken for over a month but I've a 18 yr old Glenfiddich ready to drink later.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:38 pm Which Scotch would that be?
I haven't partaken for over a month but I've a 18 yr old Glenfiddich ready to drink later.
Just realised we are out of malt/whiskey so it will have to be a drop of this
Screenshot 2018-08-27 at 20.03.20.png
Screenshot 2018-08-27 at 20.03.20.png (157.08 KiB) Viewed 7695 times
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:05 pm Just realised we are out of malt/whiskey so it will have to be a drop of this

Screenshot 2018-08-27 at 20.03.20.png

Out of Scotch, very slack of you.
Swannie will be along to reprimand you, I'm sure.
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

We have 'Unforgotten' series to catch up with, some good series coming up this autumn

Leon will be happy as he won't have to put up with all the rubbish (his words) I watch
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Unforgotten was excellent again, Keeping Faith too. Which they just re-showed.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:16 pm Out of Scotch, very slack of you.
Swannie will be along to reprimand you, I'm sure.
I can't live up to that fish, Swannie would drink me under the table :tumbler: :cocktail: :wine:
gessa

Post by gessa »

Mrs64 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:31 pm We have 'Unforgotten' series to catch up with, some good series coming up this autumn

Leon will be happy as he won't have to put up with all the rubbish (his words) I watch

Binge watched Unforgiven over the weekend, best of the 3 series in our opinion jill
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:56 pm I can't live up to that fish, Swannie would drink me under the table :tumbler: :cocktail: :wine:

Yes, she's more of a fish than a Swan I reckon :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:06 pm Yes, she's more of a fish than a Swan I reckon :)
:rol: :rol:

MOT's answer to A Fish Called Wanda
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Well that was good :-D I promise not to give anything away
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Having to watch live at the moment as my sky HDD has died, hate waiting a week for more episodes :evil:

As 64 says, good watch again.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

A few inconsistcencies that are beginning to annoy me. Home Sec's car was supposed to have bullet proof glass and bodywork, as David kept shouting to her. So, how did the driver get shot ? Also the blood splatter travelled every which way. I knew the sex element was going to pop up, but fancy having it away with Amber Rudd - Ugh. Also, the identity of the attacker was so easy to spot, and why couldn't the police / Security Services ID him from his fingerprints. Mercurio has some work to do to get this back on track.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:48 am A few inconsistcencies that are beginning to annoy me. Home Sec's car was supposed to have bullet proof glass and bodywork, as David kept shouting to her. So, how did the driver get shot ? Also the blood splatter travelled every which way. I knew the sex element was going to pop up, but fancy having it away with Amber Rudd - Ugh. Also, the identity of the attacker was so easy to spot, and why couldn't the police / Security Services ID him from his fingerprints. Mercurio has some work to do to get this back on track.
I thought that at the time but when he was shouting to the Home Sec get down maybe it was only the bodywork that was bullet-proof, although not having bullet-proof glass seems a strange one!

Still enjoyed it