The Bodyguard/Strangers/Killing Eve

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The Bodyguard/Strangers/Killing Eve

Post by whiteswan » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:59 pm

Oh my giddy Aunt! Just finished watching the last episode of 'Cheat'. Had my emotions all over the place. Brilliant writing from the writer of 'Liar'.... wow, what a drama. Katherine Kelly, up and coming Molly Windsor (Three Girls) awesome creepy annoying emotional performance from her, Ade Edmondson, Peter Firth, Loraine Ashbourne and more. Brilliant telly, anyone watch this brilliant four parter?

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:17 am

Dalton wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:12 pm
I thought the Bodyguard had too many unnecessary twists. I mean big "twist" Bombmaker 1) is unlikley to want to blow up the kids of the officer who stopped her being shot and 2) is supposedly the chief maker and not the person who blows herself up
I thought The Bodyguard was brilliant television

gessa
Superstar
Superstar

Post by gessa » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:38 pm

Whilst laid up, I've been watching a few things, both I've really enjoyed.

Home - Channel 4 , comedy about a Syrian asylum seeker, funny yet touching. Very well written imo.

Series 1 of Orange is the new Black- Netflix, about a woman who goes to jail for a crime committed 10 years earlier, whilst in a lesbian relationship,her partner is a drug runner, she rebuilds her life during the 10 years and is in a relationship with a man, when she is sent to jail, shows the lives of her fellow inmates, giving an insight into their reasons and experiences for their crimes, also the impact it has on her fiance, based on true life experiences.

hector

Post by hector » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:42 pm

I am currently watching the last episode of The Cheat, on Ducky's recommendation... :shock: :shock:

f**k me... :angel: :angel: :poo:

it is good, I may just leave off baiting Ducky for a while...... 8-)

on the other hand :P :P

next is the 8 parter The widower, got all 8 parts on the hard drive :)
When I look in the mirror, I see a sknny bloke looking back

Must be because I am trans - slender!!...

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:48 pm

Designated survivor for me, started this last year, dropped netflix for a while then picked it up again recently. Great show for someone like me.

On the subject of Netflix. unsure if mentioned before but the set for Cursed (new netflix drama is in full swing top of Frith Hill (About a mile away as the crow flies, and Army land that the Yanks used during the second world war ...). Which is basically Deepcut. Lots of medieval type buildings going up...

Deepcut Church by the way features in Kingsmen. The scene where Colin Firth goes nuts

hector

Post by hector » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:08 pm

Deepcut was where I did my army selection course many many moons ago as a 16 year old...
When I look in the mirror, I see a sknny bloke looking back

Must be because I am trans - slender!!...

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:08 pm

hector wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:08 pm
Deepcut was where I did my army selection course many many moons ago as a 16 year old...
I could have guessed that, my partner won the long service medal (presented by a colonel at a passing out parade) and mention in the Queens honours list one year for her work at Pirbright camp, just on the other side of the ranges.

Do you remember the white church? Famous for getting dismantled, transported and being re-assembled in France during WW1

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:27 pm

hector wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:42 pm
I am currently watching the last episode of The Cheat, on Ducky's recommendation... :shock: :shock:

f**k me... :angel: :angel: :poo:

it is good, I may just leave off baiting Ducky for a while...... 8-)

on the other hand :P :P

next is the 8 parter The widower, got all 8 parts on the hard drive :)
So pleased you enjoyed it hector....edge of the seat stuff or what. There were parts where I couldn't even watch. Such brilliant acting from Yorkshires own Katherine Kelly and young Molly Windsor (three girls) who was menacing to say the least.
So.....you might just be nice to Ducky for a change :shock: ...... but then again....can a Leopard change it's spots.....hmmmmm

Advertisment