Jack Clarke- Get Your Boots On

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Jack Clarke

Post by Cjay »

Played really well again.

First thing he did, beat a defender and curl a lovely effort just wide.

He put in 1 excellent cross which he would be justified in being angry none of his teammates anticipated and he showed a strength he hadnt needed to before when Forest tried to bully him a bit and knock him off the ball.

While being primarily right footed he isnt afraid to use his left either.

With Forest parking the bus against us cant help but feel if we gave Jack more time he would have made the difference.

Against teams that just defend you need that something a bit different.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
pembswhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by pembswhite »

Did more than enough IMHO to start next match, especially as there were quite a few mediocre performances out there tonight .
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

pembswhite wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:43 pm Did more than enough IMHO to start next match, especially as there were quite a few mediocre performances out there tonight .
agreed. the kid must start against wigan. the lad plays without fear also gives us that extra attacking threat.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Ditto
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Conflicted on this. He's a great option to bring off the bench if we're behind or level to run at tired defences who have defended for 95% of the match. However if we start on the front foot we win games comfortably.
Eireleeds1
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @kevingaff

Post by Eireleeds1 »

pembswhite wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:43 pm Did more than enough IMHO to start next match, especially as there were quite a few mediocre performances out there tonight .
Agreed. Were not blessed with players with ability to try something different. Clarkes not afraid to have a pop from outside the box while the others are trying to walk it into the net. Maybe the innocence of youth but I say give him lots more time on the pitch
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Deserves a bump.

Longest chance for us and didnt disappoint, thought he made the biggest impact of any subs.

Totally fearless and forced Reading to double up on him.

His crosses are perfect, low, between defence and goalie, absolutely perfect for a striker like Roofe who relies on movement over height and power.

There's arguments for and against starting him on Saturday.

Id start him, we have to put Sheffield United on the back foot, cant be faffing about we need to score first.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:13 pm Deserves a bump.

Longest chance for us and didnt disappoint, thought he made the biggest impact of any subs.

Totally fearless and forced Reading to double up on him.

His crosses are perfect, low, between defence and goalie, absolutely perfect for a striker like Roofe who relies on movement over height and power.

There's arguments for and against starting him on Saturday.

Id start him, we have to put Sheffield United on the back foot, cant be faffing about we need to score first.
Only problem for me Cjay is Clarke looked knackered after 30 minutes, he was really blowing :shock:

I do agree with you we do need to start on the front foot & not concede another 45 minutes huffing & puffing & getting nowhere fast.
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

1964white wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:20 pm Only problem for me Cjay is Clarke looked knackered after 30 minutes, he was really blowing :shock:

I do agree with you we do need to start on the front foot & not concede another 45 minutes huffing & puffing & getting nowhere fast.
I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking the lad looked knackered..
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

:tup:
1964white wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:20 pm Only problem for me Cjay is Clarke looked knackered after 30 minutes, he was really blowing :shock:

True but he had played 45minutes 24 hours before for the u23s, may have played its part.

He looked knackered but i suppose when you think about it those short burts he does to get away from his marker are probably quite tiring, standing start to top speed isnt easy.

Suppose it depends how Bielsa wants to go, on performance he has to start but as you say maybe his fitness isnt up to it.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:08 pm :tup:

True but he had played 45minutes 24 hours before for the u23s, may have played its part.

He looked knackered but i suppose when you think about it those short burts he does to get away from his marker are probably quite tiring, standing start to top speed isnt easy.

Suppose it depends how Bielsa wants to go, on performance he has to start but as you say maybe his fitness isnt up to it.
I knew Clarke was on the bench for the U23's, hadn't realised he played 45 minutes.

Hopefully those two halves were a good workout for Jack
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I thought he looked knackered too, hadn't realised he'd played 45 minutes the previous night though. My feeling is that at this point he is much better as a sub coming on against a tiring defence than starting. If he is on from the start then I feel he will struggle with it being far more physical than U23 'friendlies.' Bring him on midway through the second half though and it is perfect as it is normally at this point that our opponents are beginning to tire.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Haighy wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:01 pm I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking the lad looked knackered..
The lad definitely was shattered Haighy, puffing & blowing & at one stage had his hands on his knees trying to catch his breath after one of his maizey runs
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:21 pm I thought he looked knackered too, hadn't realised he'd played 45 minutes the previous night though. My feeling is that at this point he is much better as a sub coming on against a tiring defence than starting. If he is on from the start then I feel he will struggle with it being far more physical than U23 'friendlies.' Bring him on midway through the second half though and it is perfect as it is normally at this point that our opponents are beginning to tire.
I agree Weasel :tup: does that mean Alioski keeps his place as the alternatives are not great ?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... ssion=true

Great opportunity for Jack to learn from someone who played at the top level and made his name as a pacey and tricky winger like Jack.
Signed

King Cjay

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Young Jack made that goal on Saturday. He showed a cool head and brilliance to lift the ball over the keeper. I wouldn't have been surprised to see a seasoned pro fluff it up, let alone a youngster. He shows a lot of promise....how long before a Burnley or a Bournemouth come after him I wonder? I just hope we can hang on to our special youngsters for a change.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Hopefully the young players will have seen the likes of Byram and Cook leaving and not playing games and will decide they would rather stay at Leeds and play. Cook is getting a few more games this season but has largely been a sub (often not coming on or not even getting on the bench) - not sure that is the best way for young players to develop.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

What worries e is Jack isnt a secret, he is already only here because he turned down Manchester City, but they wont have gone away.

And today in fact there are reports of City wanting Jack in January.

It worries me, Radz already sold one of our best young players, could Jack be next :(

Only hope imo is Jack is only here because he choose to be, he could already be t Manchester City, hopefully he sees that his best chance of realizing his potential is staying with us, not joining Manchester City and there production line of buy to sell youngsters who will never kick a ball for them.

Mooy, Harrison, Roberts etc.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I don't see him going to one of the tinpot clubs, it's the top clubs we should be worried about and probably Bundesliga as well. Isn't Harte his agent? Hopefully he will see playing football is more important than money and not have his head turned. Of course, if we go up he'll stay. I'm pretty sure he is a Leeds fan as well, which might make him more loyal.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

The Scum claiming Man City are "leading the chase" for Jack today. Yawn. I doubt he's going to a club who have lost two talented youngsters because they don't play them and he already turned them down to stay at Leeds. Besides it would take a Rio level bid to take him off our hands. :tup:

Just the gutter press desperate to try and disrupt us as usual. :roll: