Jack Clarke- Get Your Boots On

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Re: Jack Clarke

Post by dezzy »

Agents are in these kids ear from the second they think they could make some cash, short term gain financialy, but stunts their growth in most cases, Baker gets shipped out on loan on a yearly basis, hopefully, he’ll look at that and think where he is now is best for his career,
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

The only way of keeping these quality kids is by getting promotion. This is a money game and most players will go to the highest payer , it is human nature so if AR has any ambition he needs to show it to the kids and invest during the transfer window to get this club into the PL.It is the best opportunity in 15 years but if promotion isn't achieved I see a lot of the youngsters moving on unfortunately.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Chelsea now join Manchester City ion the race for Jack Clarke.

Not go much faith in Radz tbh, not considering they forced Vieira out (his social media post shows that) and the fee was stupidly low in the current market.

Young Jack seems a wise lad, he turned City down once, hopefully he still sees it the same way.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

if we sold him we would probably get him back on loan!
the merry go round continues
I am sure Jack will stay for a while yet
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Dalton wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:05 pm if we sold him we would probably get him back on loan!
the merry go round continues
I am sure Jack will stay for a while yet
Has that ever happened for us? ....And we've sold more talent from the Championship and Div 1 than probably anyone else...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

faaip wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:50 pm Has that ever happened for us? ....And we've sold more talent from the Championship and Div 1 than probably anyone else...
I was taking the ps a bit there sir. Not happy at all with our sales over the past 10 years and was just commenting on big clubs buying young "talent" then farming them out never to be seen again
Loftus Cheek is one small exception
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Reports are saying Clarkes people want to sit down to talk about a new deal, the club are refusing (same as Kemar Roofe).

Hope we arent playing silly buggers :duno:
Signed

King Cjay

Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Cjay wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:56 pm Reports are saying Clarkes people want to sit down to talk about a new deal, the club are refusing (same as Kemar Roofe).

Hope we arent playing silly buggers :duno:
What just because he has played a few minutes? I thought he DID sign a deal a few months back
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Dalton wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:57 pm What just because he has played a few minutes? I thought he DID sign a deal a few months back
Signed his first professional deal almost a year ago to the day.

Suppose now he has broken through a bit they would want to start talking terms tbf to them.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

So two clubs who don't play youth and are full of young players rotting are after Jack? Yeah right. Just lazy journalism or agents trying to get more money for him. He's signed up to 2022 so there's no rush atm.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Dalton wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:54 pm I was taking the ps a bit there sir. Not happy at all with our sales over the past 10 years and was just commenting on big clubs buying young "talent" then farming them out never to be seen again
Loftus Cheek is one small exception
Fair enough, sometimes hard to tell..what could happen though is we sell him and then he's loaned back to a rival....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

faaip wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:30 pm Fair enough, sometimes hard to tell..what could happen though is we sell him and then he's loaned back to a rival....
One would assume Footballers know about the football world perhaps better than we do.
Even the few who shall we say, aren't playing with a full deck.
So, I wonder if they sign for a prem club if they actually THINK they are part of the managers plans, Or just are happy to rot and take the pay or indeed are happy to be paid more and loaned out forever?

Surely they must know this is how it works.

So, why dont more stay and play at their home club for a decent wage albeit not a massive one?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

It is the money added to which the possibility of getting a chance a year or two down the line due to injuries or just playing good football. all footballers must believe in themselves, their talent or they would not be professional to start with. That belief plus the cash, plus the, (one would expect,) better coaching, expertise etc would be a huge factor in any decision to move to one of these clubs..
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

"In the first half, Harrison did good things. It’s a good thing they share the game between him and Clarke. The performance of Harrison is the performance of a starter and the one of Jack Clarke also.

You could also understand your question as maybe Clarke should play more than 45 minutes. Both players are giving good things to the team. Sometimes I look at features and the weaknesses of the opponent and I take decision on Clarke and Harrison’s skills, but it doesn’t mean I always take the right decision"

Is this quite clever from Bielsa?

Not criticising Harrison but admitting that Clarke should be playing more (which i think we all can agree on).
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

MB did similar recently where he backed Alioski but also seemed to say he wanted more from him.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:33 pm "In the first half, Harrison did good things. It’s a good thing they share the game between him and Clarke. The performance of Harrison is the performance of a starter and the one of Jack Clarke also.

You could also understand your question as maybe Clarke should play more than 45 minutes. Both players are giving good things to the team. Sometimes I look at features and the weaknesses of the opponent and I take decision on Clarke and Harrison’s skills, but it doesn’t mean I always take the right decision"

Not criticising Harrison but admitting that Clarke should be playing more (which i think we all can agree on).
Harrison is poor !
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Cjay wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:33 pm "In the first half, Harrison did good things. It’s a good thing they share the game between him and Clarke. The performance of Harrison is the performance of a starter and the one of Jack Clarke also.

Great answer, he backs his players, he knows their limitations, why else would players like Cooper, Philips, Dallas, Alioski, Roofe, Ayling, all play better than before? All players who have played poorly for us over the years, play to such a high level?
Man management, he’s the leader the team needed.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Great points dezzy
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Brilliant today again Jack.

Once again changed the game (for a time) and thoroughly deserved his goal.

Very worried we will lose him, no faith in Radz not to take the money if an offer comes in. :cry:
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:51 pm Brilliant today again Jack.

Once again changed the game (for a time) and thoroughly deserved his goal.

Very worried we will lose him, no faith in Radz not to take the money if an offer comes in. :cry:
Just going to enjoy the last 4 months will we have him for. We will accept first bid we get for him, which will definitely be derisory, we always do.