Jack Clarke- Get Your Boots On

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Jay
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Jack Clarke

Post by Jay »

Cheers gessa , faaip. Deleted the email address asociated with my old account on here. Big ups to you guys for continuing to post all through the cellino years though (i did read from time to time)... god that was a depressing era. I actually stopped watching football for a while because of it. Just couldnt stand to see someone like that in control of Leeds
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

And me, welcome back Jon
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jay wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:11 pm Leeds' greatest teams have always had a lot of homegrown, young talent in them... (Revie, Wilkinson, O'Leary...) Im really hoping that this is the dawn of another great team and for me, its imperative that Leeds keep players like Clarke and Shackleton and continue to develop them. Wouldnt it be nice to hear "Clarke! 1-0" again at Wembley in 2022? 50 years on from that famous cup final ... okay im dreaming a bit now and getting ahead of myself, but really, to keep our best players.. Leeds MUST earn promotion this season! Im almost certain Clarke will leave if promotion isnt achieved, but with that said, I truly believe this team is the real deal and this is the season! MOT
Welcome back Jon or shall I say Jay :tup:
Jay
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Jay »

Thanks lufc1304 and 1964white :) its nice to be back on here with you gentlemen... and ladies too! You guys can call me jon, jay , jonathan... whatever you want, its all good. MOT
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Jay wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:52 pm Thanks lufc1304 and 1964white :) its nice to be back on here with you gentlemen... and ladies too! You guys can call me jon, jay , jonathan... whatever you want, its all good. MOT
Welcome back Jay.....Thank you for mentioning us ladies as well as the guys :)
Jay
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Jay »

Thanks whiteswan :)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Jack Clarke was the reason the game was stopped, taken to hospital.

Get well Jack.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Jack Clarke- Get Well Soon

Post by The Subhuman »

Sources have told Telegraph Sport that the 18-year-old had suffered some sort of seizure, but was conscious in the dressing room and was taken to hospital for checks. Clarke, who only made his first team debut in October, has won a series of rave reviews for his performances in recent weeks.

“What we know is that he didn't feel well,” said Bielsa. “We don't know the reasons yet. But when he was taken to the dressing room he was better. He was taken to hospital to see if he is alright.”

Leeds’ players looked visibly shaken by the incident, but with play held up, they made the most of the 12 minutes of stoppage time when Kalvin Phillips headed home an equaliser from close range at a corner.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Get well soon and how jinxed are we ?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Pulis asked about 12 minutes of injury time but said: "The important thing is that fingers crossed, the boy is okay and he recovers because he's a very talented young player. All our thoughts go to the lad Clarke."

Developing a bit of a soft spot for Pulis after his Bielsa comments and this.
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:41 pm Pulis asked about 12 minutes of injury time but said: "The important thing is that fingers crossed, the boy is okay and he recovers because he's a very talented young player. All our thoughts go to the lad Clarke."

Pulis is a decent manager who isn't wet under the ears like Lampard etc. He knows what goes on.

12 minutes would seem about right if the game was stopped for 8 minutes and also lots of substitutions. If it had been Norwich and they were behind they'd probably still be playing now.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

According to people on the touchline, Clarke was given oxygen but Bielsa's sounded very positive about his condition. Bielsa has gone to see him in hospital.

Hopefully he is ok, we desperately need him fit and playing.

But first and foremost he needs to be healthy.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Club Statement.

Leeds United player takes ill during game at Riverside

Jack Clarke began to feel unwell during the second half of our Sky Bet Championship fixture with Middlesbrough and received medical attention.

The player is responsive and attending hospital with the club’s head of medicine and performance.

On behalf of everyone at Leeds United, we would like to thank the medical staff from both clubs for their response to the incident.

Fair play to Boro as well and there medical staff and emergency services.
Signed

King Cjay

gessa

Post by gessa »

Cjay wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:41 pm Pulis asked about 12 minutes of injury time but said: "The important thing is that fingers crossed, the boy is okay and he recovers because he's a very talented young player. All our thoughts go to the lad Clarke."

I've met him CJay, he's a very decent ordinary bloke.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

That's really decent of Pulis. Maybe I shouodn't have called him Mr Miserable on the match day thread :duno:
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:50 pm That's really decent of Pulis. Maybe I shouodn't have called him Mr Miserable on the match day thread :duno:
You can be decent and miserable!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Get well soon Jack

Maybe explains his poor first-half performance
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Get well soon Jack

Maybe explains his poor first-half performance
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:37 pm Get well soon and how jinxed are we ?
Glad you said the jinxed bit i felt bad for thinking it.

Hope he is ok, bit worried they had to give him oxygen.

Hope its not a serious issue as in career ending, for his sake.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Great news.

Hope to see him back on the pitch making defenders look drunk soon.
Signed

King Cjay