top of the home attendance league

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: top of the home attendance league

Post by beer belly bert »

faaip wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:38 am Amazing isn't it ...could you imagine a premier league stadium with a open and shut roof, plus love that entrance

Would not look out of place in LS11 :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Its absolutely breathtaking mate. I thought the Cowboys Stadium looked amazing when I saw the footage of that but this surpasses that !! Got to give it to the yanks, their stadiums are just a different level to ours but then again, so are the costs of building them I guess. Not many clubs could afford to spend a billion on their ground here thats for sure lol
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:38 am Amazing isn't it ...could you imagine a premier league stadium with a open and shut roof, plus love that entrance
Very much so Faaip

If only football grounds were that classy although they would be trashed by the huge yob element that frequents football matches
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

It's usually club and community funded in the US. Plus the league contributes to IIRC
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

beer belly bert wrote:

maybe the figures i found dont include the away support and home supporters only .
Bert, please don't think I was criticising you. Newspapers and magazines take what they think is right, ignore the caveats they should be heeding and present it as fact. Your thread is spot on, well received and makes its point nicely - top of the pile. Long may it continue. :tup:
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

never thought for a second Norm it was a criticism :tup: :tup: :)
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

beer belly bert wrote:

never thought for a second Norm it was a criticism :tup: :tup: :)
Good - did I see from another thread you're in Spain for a while?
Do you get good internet connections over there? I assume you do because you seem to be well up on our games.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Norm wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:33 pm All down to money SG. Radz isn't that rich unfortunately and it would cost a fortune to do as you suggest.
It's a nice thought though.
If we got promoted, I don't see why we couldn't put some tv money aside for the rebuild. Wanda Metropolitano for example cost €240m for the entire stadium and that's 67k. I don't see why £40m couldn't rebuild Revie and South and add on 10-15k to attendance. The John Charles would be harder to rebuild because of changing rooms, media etc it would have to be done over the summer.

Do we own the area around ER as well? I'd love to see a village with hotels, bars, restaurants, sports centre, gym, park, 4g five a side pitches etc built there.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

This Bristol site are obsessed with comparing Villa's attendances with ours

We are now about 200 behind them as oppose to 2k a few games ago

They had Villa's away support ahead of us too, I'd love to see the comparative figures after the Blackburn & Wigan games where I believe 12.5k fans travelled to those two aways

Screenshot 2018-10-31 at 07.23.24.png